Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 News

uhoh

big problem I'm not certain about

Marvel couldn't use Hulk or Punisher in the game because of rights issues, with other video games (marvel got Hulk back for DLC)

characters that are leased out now include

Captain America (SEGA)
Thor (SEGA)
Iron Man (SEGA)
Hulk (SEGA)
The Fantastic Four (Take 2 Interactive)
Ghost Rider (Take 2 Interactive)

The Punisher's rights may still be out aswell

looks like we may have slim pickings when the new game comes around

uhoh

Marvel couldn't use Hulk or Punisher in the game because of rights issues, with other video games (marvel got Hulk back for DLC)

Captain America (SEGA)
Thor (SEGA)
Iron Man (SEGA)
Hulk (SEGA)

well I don't know how well this will hold up, but weren't the F4 still used even a couple months after the 2nd movie and video game came out?

I hope we get to pick sides on the conflict and each side has its own group of heroes you get (or Thunderbolts for the Pro Regs).

Also, this demands some kind of multiplayer 4 on 4 with each on a different side, although how that would work would be tricky.

uhoh

Captain America (SEGA)
Thor (SEGA)
Iron Man (SEGA)
Hulk (SEGA)

Shhhhiiiittt...

Welcome to the downside, Marvelites...

hopefully they struck some kind of deal with Sega and Take 2, creating a sort of loophole for Activision to use the characters

I can do without the Punisher and Ghost Rider, and probably the FF (the only one I used in MUA was Johnny), but the core 4 avengers are a must, the Hulk and Thor aren't as big a deal

but a CIVIL WAR game without Captain America or Iron Man makes no sense

It also sucks that Sega have all the rights to these characters and they insist on making crap games.

well to be fair, Activision has been the only company for awhile to make decent marvel games

yes Ultimate Destruction was good too, but that came out quite a while ago when you consider how fast time travels in videogame circles

I forgot who made the Punisher game with the movie, I heard that was actually pretty good

uhoh

Captain America (SEGA)
Thor (SEGA)
Iron Man (SEGA)
Hulk (SEGA)

I think the contracts are diffrent now after trouble with Marvel rise of the imperfects and Ultimate Alliance 2. They announced Hulk for this. Hulk and Ironman are announced for the superhero squad game made by THQ.

I think they have redone them so say THQ can't make a Spider-man or Hulk game BUT they can make a Marvel game featuring hulk and spider-man

uhoh

Captain America (SEGA)
Thor (SEGA)
Iron Man (SEGA)
Hulk (SEGA)

Interest...fading...rapidly...

Especially when you consider those characters made Civil War.

Shhhhiiiittt...

Welcome to the downside, Marvelites...

Not really if you read the report that wont be a problem they already said Hulk will be in and Johnny Storm too.

Last edited:
From the Mondo Marvel panel:

Cebulski was asked about the second Ultimate Alliance game. He said it will be based partially on Civil War. He said he declined writing it, but knows who will be writing it instead. "I think fans will be really happy when they do announce who's writing it," Cebulski said.

Any news on Superhero squad or Spider-man vs Marvel zombies?

From the Mondo Marvel panel:

Cebulski was asked about the second Ultimate Alliance game. He said it will be based partially on Civil War. He said he declined writing it, but knows who will be writing it instead. "I think fans will be really happy when they do announce who's writing it," Cebulski said.

It'll be Brian Reed

Any news on Superhero squad or Spider-man vs Marvel zombies?
If there was any news on them, it'd be in their own threads, specially since the latter has one already. :wink:

:p

But no. They were just announced, so news will come out slowly for now.

If there was any news on them, it'd be in their own threads, specially since the latter has one already. :wink:

:p

But no. They were just announced, so news will come out slowly for now.

They both have their own thread! I know because I created the super squad one :p but it's cool.

Latest posts

Back