Marvel Zombies series discussion (spoilers)

Found that page that was red-Xed.

MZAOD005_int-6.jpg

Can you give us a summary? Anyone??

Sure... It starts off with the preview I posted. After that We see the zombies attack Doom's place. During the fight Mr. Fantastic Attacks Doom, The Punisher attacks the Scarlet Witch and Ash gets an ideal how to get out of that universe. He runs back inside and finds the Necromomicon. He tricks the book into thinking the zombies will come after it after him. The Necromomicon then make all the zombie's victums come back as Deadites. The Necromomicon then tells Ash that Doom has a transporter off this world. Ash runs to it and See Doom trying to get all the humans through the gate, before he turns. Doom allows Ash to leave because the Deadites allows him to have his revenge on Richards by not letting them feed on the humans. As Ash is going through he tosses the Necromomicon to the side leaving it behide. The zombies break in just as Doom is destroying the gate. Wolverine then picks up the Necromomicon and the book tells him not to eat him because he can control the Deadites. Wolverine says, " What?! Eat you?! What are you talking about!? Your a book. Sounds like you been hoodwinked, bub. Nobody wants to eat a book." The Necromomicon asks, What are you going to do with me? Wolverine: Well we may be zombies-- but we still need toilets paper. Hulk: Zombie Hulk eat lots. And Zombie Hulk need lots of toilet paper. Necromomicon: Nooooooooooo!!!!! Ash then looks at possible worlds and comes to one that looks like home. He steps in and then sees the Marvel Werewolves. The gate closes and Werewolverine and says, Good new, fellas. Werespider-Man: No duh, Werewolverine. You think you're the only one here with heightened animal senses? Werepower Man: We can all smell fresh meat. And we all know that that means--, Weregiant Man: It's feeding time boys!! Ash: Oh Nooooo!!! Fin?

Last edited:
Thanks alot, Watcher. ::sigh:: I'm bummed that Doom and Scarlet Witch get turned into zombies... are they shown killing any? Do the Deadites kill any?

And wait, didn't Doom's castle have a force-field... or, am I remembering wrong?

Last edited:
Marvel Werewolves... they're getting a bit carried away.

Might have been a joke, like a "out of the frying pan, into the fire" kinda thing. But at least Ash only has to survive the night, which I'm sure he can do.

Thanks alot, Watcher. ::sigh:: I'm bummed that Doom and Scarlet Witch get turned into zombies... are they shown killing any? Do the Deadites kill any?

And wait, didn't Doom's castle have a force-field... or, am I remembering wrong?

Only Zombie Moon knight gets "killed by the rest are easily defeated by the marvel zombies but then ash didnt expect them to win he jus used them as distraction to get away.

My favorite line thoug Nightcrawler: good news Doom we decided to let you live and by "live" i mean we're going to kill you and make you one of us.

It's funny that they're all so merciful to other costumed people, but they are so ready, willing, and (sadistically) able to murder and devour (though probably not in that order) everyone the heroes swore themselves to protect. I've been struggling to understand their mind-sets, but I can't. Hell, you'd think they'd try to stop the other zombies, or at least kill themselves... right?

And where is the police, the military, the nuclear assaults, and resistance groups? The zombie-verse Ash was able to kill an unknown number of zombies armed only with a shotgun and a chainsaw, you're telling me 4-6 billion people can't do anything except run and hide? And speaking of which, how is it possible for them to devour 4-6 billion people in a couple days? A thousand zombies or not, it would take them decades to devour every human... let alone every animal. What? Do each of them eat 100 people a day? How is that possible? Zombie-Bruce's stomach ripped open because he ate too much of Magneto as zombie-Hulk.

Also, I said it before and I'll say it again, all the costumed people in the zombie-verse are chumps. MZ vs. AoD was alot of fun, even if the first Marvel Zombies mini and Dead Days sucked... I guess I should blame the UFF arc that started it, too. I just wish it all made more sense.

well id Quicksilver probably ate the most super-speed

Also im not so sure it happened in a day

Still the whole thimg was for fun man you wherent suposed to take it seriously.

But i agree that only Doom resited the hunger.

I loved it all(dead days could have been better)

It's funny that they're all so merciful to other costumed people, but they are so ready, willing, and (sadistically) able to murder and devour (though probably not in that order) everyone the heroes swore themselves to protect. I've been struggling to understand their mind-sets, but I can't. Hell, you'd think they'd try to stop the other zombies, or at least kill themselves... right?

And where is the police, the military, the nuclear assaults, and resistance groups? The zombie-verse Ash was able to kill an unknown number of zombies armed only with a shotgun and a chainsaw, you're telling me 4-6 billion people can't do anything except run and hide? And speaking of which, how is it possible for them to devour 4-6 billion people in a couple days? A thousand zombies or not, it would take them decades to devour every human... let alone every animal. What? Do each of them eat 100 people a day? How is that possible? Zombie-Bruce's stomach ripped open because he ate too much of Magneto as zombie-Hulk.

Also, I said it before and I'll say it again, all the costumed people in the zombie-verse are chumps. MZ vs. AoD was alot of fun, even if the first Marvel Zombies mini and Dead Days sucked... I guess I should blame the UFF arc that started it, too. I just wish it all made more sense.

Dude, you're applying waaaaaaaay to much ****ing logic to a tongue in cheek, black humor book. Its more a title you just go with, as opposed to examining every detail of. I can't believe you're seriously complaining about plot holes in a Marvel Zombies book.

Think about it from the perspective of a virus that wants its hosts to live as long as possible and spread the virus as much as it can. The weaker beings aren't sufficient hosts--they'll only compete with the stronger hosts and hinder the spread of the virus. There's a trace of the old personality of the hosts left, but they've long since gone to the afterlife (think Buffyverse vampires).

I actually really liked the first series. It was hilarious. I also liked the UFF arc, but I think the problems there began with the less than a dozen survivors left after less than a week. That hyperbole may work to hype up the zombie FF as big villains, but when you really start getting into it, it completely falls through. I think it would've worked better if it were like rabies. Here's my hypothetical virus that could create a devastated wasteland with only the superhero/supervillain population left on Earth:

The people who are infected with the virus are compelled to attack those who don't have it. They need to eat flesh in order to survive, but they don't devour everyone they attack. However, they attack viciously and instinctively. Only a really strong person could survive being attacked by the zombies. Also, superheroes were trying to stop the zombies and hence were more likely to get zombie-fied sooner. Thus, even early on there would be many superhuman zombies. They would all attack any non-infected being they saw. Since there were so many of them just in New York, almost no one without powers would survive the assault. This would cause people like Punisher or Black Cat to be infected for two reasons: They have martial arts and fighting experience and could survive the attack AND they might go after a particular hero they knew to try and talk sense into them or try to hunt down an individual zombie because they know they can't take the group--that way, they'd get attacked and infected by only one zombie.

A scenario similar to Mystique/Scarlet Witch causes Quicksilver to be infected, and from there it spreads across the continents. As they run out of people to infect, they begin to come to their senses and plan to find more food and people to attack--they do need food, though not nearly as much as normal people do. They start to attack each other, even though it's disgusting, so the zombie population is culled to only the strongest, who gather in mistrustful groups (frequently their old teams, purely out of habit and not any real emotion) whose battles are frequent and savage. Only a few, like Reed, think about going beyond Earth. It's strongly implied that beings like the Sentry, who can travel in space, have left for other planets.

Because I desperately want to take it seriously... zombies are no joke to me.

Then you would like the books World War Z and the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks and should buy them both promptly if you haven't already.

Take a look at the Cover for Marvel Zombies vol. 2 Part one. Marvel Zombie Civil War??

MARZOM2001.jpg

- After eating everything else in the universe for 40 years the Marvel Zombies return home to find something beyond anything even these monstrosities could have conceived. Witness the beginning of the Zombie Civil War in MARVEL ZOMBIES 2. Also, get some background on the super-powered undead in MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: MARVEL ZOMBIES.

Source: http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.1317.Marvel_Previews_for_October_2007

Marvel Zombie and The Civil War will never die!!!!!!

Last edited:
Take a look at the Cover for Marvel Zombies vol. 2 Part one. Marvel Zombie Civil War??

MARZOM2001.jpg

- After eating everything else in the universe for 40 years the Marvel Zombies return home to find something beyond anything even these monstrosities could have conceived. Witness the beginning of the Zombie Civil War in MARVEL ZOMBIES 2. Also, get some background on the super-powered undead in MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: MARVEL ZOMBIES.

Source: http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.1317.Marvel_Previews_for_October_2007

Marvel Zombie and The Civil War will never die!!!!!!

Zombie Civil war? do they even know what the word Civil means? mean their freaking canibals

Someone should make Zombies Civil war banners

.....Oh lord

So, Marvel Zombies 2 comes out in October? ...I'm getting it.

There's a trace of the old personality of the hosts left, but they've long since gone to the afterlife (think Buffyverse vampires).

Then you would like the books World War Z and the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks and should buy them both promptly if you haven't already.

They act like them, but their souls are long gone? That actually does comfort me a little bit.

I think I've heard about WWZ, wasn't quite sure what it was. I got the Zombie Survival Guide, and it's the only non-comic book I've ever finished!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back