Marvel Zombies series discussion (spoilers)

Dr. Betty and Prof. Veronica?

It took them 8 issues to build up to such a stupid joke?

GRAH!

Though if Colonel Jughead turns up I'm game

Ok, I'll admit it... Not for a fraction of a second did I suspect that
Howard The Duck
would end up as Machine Man partner in this arc.

Nor did I, but why not? It works, it gives another under used character a chance to get more face time and, in the end, if it doesn't work out, let a zombie eat him.

Not sure if this is Marvel Zombies or Marvel Vampires. But at C2E2 some teaser images of the Punisher vs. an infected marvel universe popped up. I believe Kurtzman wanted to do a story where the Punisher was the last unifected. maybe this is it.

punlastgun0001_02.jpg

marvinf003_0001_02.jpg

binder1_page_1_image_0001_02.jpg

I wonder if Mark Millar is going to go ape**** because the Punisher vs. the infected Marvel Universe was his original idea for Marvel Zombies.

I just want to see Frank Castle blow giant zombie Hank Pym's head off.

I wonder if Mark Millar is going to go ape**** because the Punisher vs. the infected Marvel Universe was his original idea for Marvel Zombies.

I just want to see Frank Castle blow giant zombie Hank Pym's head off.

What if is Millar?..

So MZ5 issue #2 is out this week, it was pretty good, I probably would have enjoyed it better if I knew who Killraven and his crew were. I also laughed that the zombie babies were infected with the "Boyle" virus strain.

I love Fred Van Lente's MZ work, especially with Machine Man. Its a perfect combo...I could read this stuff endlessly.

And Iceshadow, for your info, the world they were in in #2 was a off-shoot of the War of the Worlds storyline--which the Tom Cruise movie was based on. I think Marvel published a mini-series based on the novel/tele-play, then spinned off from there with the Killraven comic.

Last edited:
Coming March 2011

Marvel Zombies Supreme #1
Writer: Frank Marraffino
Penciler: Fernando Blanco
Inker: Jason Paz
Colorist: Chris Chuckry
Letterer: Dave Sharpe
Cover artist: Michael Komarck

Responding to a mysterious emergency call, Jill Harper and her super-crisis special-ops unit descend deep into the bowels of a top secret underground research facility. They discover that the demented experiments of an unhinged geneticist have placed them at ground zero of a brand new virulent zombie strain – one that has infected powerful superheroes. The Squadron Supreme, once heroic defenders of justice and utopian ideals, have been reduced to corpulent cannibalistic murderers with a voracious appetite for human flesh. Harper and her team fight against overwhelming odds to stop this ravenous zombie menace where it began – before it spreads out to devour the earth.

Marvel-Zombies-6-1-Suydam.jpg

Marvel_Zombies-SS-01-fin.jpg

Marvel_Zombies-SS-02-fin-700x985.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-zombies-6-suydam-101123.html

Last edited:
I don't care a whole lot for any of this, but that cover with Hyperion lifting the car is really good.

My only hope is the Squadron Supreme isn't the Stracynski's one.

I'd wager its just a random, almost identical version of the 616 Squadron, so they can be infected and killed without it affecting stories Marvel might want to tell in either universe (616 or Supreme Power-verse/JMS versions).

Besides, since Marvel Zombies 3, all the zombie tales now seem inherently tied to the 616 verse.

Latest posts

Back