Mary Jane or Kitty: Who do you like Peter with more?

Mary Jane or Kitty

• Mary Jane

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Kitty

Votes: 56 58.3%
  • Other/None (You're being difficult)

Votes: 7 7.3%

• Total voters
After #91, I definitely would prefer Mary Jane. The conversation Peter and Kitty had about their status just made the entire thing stupid in a lot of ways. It will eventually put Peter into more danger than if he were still dating MJ, which was what he was trying to avoid in the first place, right?

Goodwill said:
After #91, I definitely would prefer Mary Jane. The conversation Peter and Kitty had about their status just made the entire thing stupid in a lot of ways. It will eventually put Peter into more danger than if he were still dating MJ, which was what he was trying to avoid in the first place, right?

No, he was trying to avoid getting MJ in danger, not himself.

quick Q's: What do you guys think about the part in the X-Plane. When Kitty seemed kind of down on herself after being with Peter. Do you think this could be a problem for them in the future? Could Kitty have a problem with Peter if he starts to become friends with MJ again? Do you think that Kitty might become the jealous type?

ultimatedjf said:
I prefer Kitty, because Mary Jane is also Marijuana, whereas Kitty is also Pu--

Well, y'know.

Go Pete! Tap that!

:lol:

E, I think it is very much the same principle. If dating a celebrity, a mutant celebrity, is more safe than dating someone that no one knows about than I will bow out of this argument altogether.

Goodwill said:
E, I think it is very much the same principle. If dating a celebrity, a mutant celebrity, is more safe than dating someone that no one knows about than I will bow out of this argument altogether.

For crying out loud man, E gave you the answer and then you ignore it with a casual "I think it is very much the same principle".

No it's not the same principle. Not even close.

Peter thought that MJ was gonna get killed if she stayed with him. Killed because of him.

That's it, that's why he broke up.

If he dates a mutant celebrity, Peter might end up in danger more often. Like just now. So what? That's not his fault. Guys in general and superheros in particular aren't too regarding about what gets them in trouble.

Hey, if he didn't go out with Kitty, he'd be patrolling the street looking for trouble anyway! So what's the difference? To him, close to zero. Especially if you consider that any trouble that comes to him because of Kitty is likely to allow him to have Kitty for back up too.

In the current situation, bad guys would be coming for Kitty whether he was going out with her or not. In fact, if they didn't go out, she'd be in just as much of trouble but with less back up right now... What kind of super-hero would consider going out with an X-Men a drawback in those circumstances.

"Damn, if I didn't go out with Kitty, I couldn't have saved her and I would have had a good night of sleep. I should break up."

Last edited:
Drawing attention to himself would bring attention to the people he loved. That's the whole point of the mask. o_O For crying out loud, I'm not as big an idiot as you guys are making me out to be.

Have you heard of Daniel Moder?

That humble cameraman is married to Julia Roberts.

Do you think that the mom of Daniel Moder is in danger? Should she get a body guard?

Last edited:
Goodwill said:
Drawing attention to himself would bring attention to the people he loved. That's the whole point of the mask. o_O For crying out loud, I'm not as big an idiot as you guys are making me out to be.
Hence Kitty's whole new costume schtick, to try and distance Peter and Kitty from Spider-Man and his female mutant partner. Bendis isn't as big an idiot as you make him out to be.

Goodwill said:

I don't know what you're talking about - all I was saying was that Peter did NOT break up with MJ to keep himself safe, as you said, he did it to keep HER safe.

Goodwill said:
:lol:

*waves* See ya.

Ok, Kitty the X-Man and whatever new alias she decides to have for her new costume will not change anything... If Kitty as the X-Man has the same powers as she does when she is in her other costume, what difference is that going to make? Hmm... Peter Parker is hanging out with someone who can go through walls, Spider-Man is fighting along side a person that can go through walls. Not only that, but these two entirely different people (From what everyone is going to understand, apparently) are coincidentally female. Please, if dating Kitty was a smart idea, I'd hate to see what he thinks is stupid.

Goodwill said:
Ok, Kitty the X-Man and whatever new alias she decides to have for her new costume will not change anything... If Kitty as the X-Man has the same powers as she does when she is in her other costume, what difference is that going to make? Hmm... Peter Parker is hanging out with someone who can go through walls, Spider-Man is fighting along side a person that can go through walls. Not only that, but these two entirely different people (From what everyone is going to understand, apparently) are coincidentally female. Please, if dating Kitty was a smart idea, I'd hate to see what he thinks is stupid.
And IntangiGirl sounds like she'd have the same powers, so it's no longer a unique powerset in the Ultimate Universe. And we have HOW many telepaths?

And I think you seem to be forgetting it's a COMIC BOOK. People that walk on walls don't make sense. It's part of whatever story line Bendis is working on, or else it wouldn't be in the comics.

OK, just saying that this seems like one of those situations where the roadrunner can't tell the woman standing in front of him is actually the koyote when it's quite obvious to the audience...

Goodwill said:
OK, just saying that this seems like one of those situations where the roadrunner can't tell the woman standing in front of him is actually the koyote when it's quite obvious to the audience...
So we all have to have the same thinking patterns? If one knows the truth, everyone should know it, too? :sure:

Goodwill said:
*shrugs* But Bendis doesn't do anything half-assed. If she's dating Peter, it's for a reason. Maybe this will lead into MJ making a 616 Felicia-esque deal with the devil to get powers so she can try and win him back or something.

jtg3885 said:
*shrugs* But Bendis doesn't do anything half-assed. If she's dating Peter, it's for a reason. Maybe this will lead into MJ making a 616 Felicia-esque deal with the devil to get powers so she can try and win him back or something.

Carnage, Hobgoblin... :)

personally i like him with kitty because when he's with her we get action and crime-fighting along with the relationship stuff at the same time, but with mary jane its usually one or the other, we didnt have spidey fighting villains while developing the relationship with mary jane at the same time

jtg3885 said:
*shrugs* But Bendis doesn't do anything half-assed.

Ronin as a "secret Avenger" in New Avengers was quarter-assed.

MJ will come back

"The Shadowcat Affair" (as it will come to be known :wink: ) will end amicably when their super-careers take them in different directions. MJ will come back. She won't get super powers, but hopefully she'll be a bit wiser.
(This is all total speculation, of course. Really, I have no clue. Differences from the over-wrought 616 storyline is what makes Ultimates stuff interesting...)

Latest posts

Back