Mary Jane or Kitty: Who do you like Peter with more?

Mary Jane or Kitty

• Mary Jane

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Kitty

Votes: 56 58.3%
  • Other/None (You're being difficult)

Votes: 7 7.3%

• Total voters
I don't think kitty and peter will last forever either; but I hope they're not over with the current run. Hopefully, they'll be together long enough to explore the relationship some in depth cause I like it so far.

And honestly, I wouldn't mind if we got to see MJ have some character development on the side without peter as well, not much but just some so we get an explanation for how she evolves without him.

nah not me at least, I am not too fond of the cat in the ultimate universe. And anyway, he's too young :)

I find the relationship with kitty more interesting.

jtg3885 said:
Well, if you can do Hank Pym and Valkyrie...

Valkyrie is legal though, and more importantly, it was mutual between her and Hank.

Peter could only "trade up" if Cat was mutually attracted, which she wasn't.

Ice said:
So we all have to have the same thinking patterns? If one knows the truth, everyone should know it, too? :sure:

I would agree with you if Kitty wasn't a celebrity that's all I'm saying. You know how nosy people are about what star is doing what with who...

Kitty is not a big star and her boyfriend is an unknown. They shouldn't make a big splash in the tabloid except for an odd mention here and there.

We ain't talking Bradd Pitt and Angelina Jolie here.

We're talking a Soap opera star dating a cameraman. It's a footnote to a papparazzi. There are thousands of stars. Only a select few get harassed.

And 'Date Night' would seem to indicate that the X-Men are not exactly the Ultimates. Noticed how the team leader of the X-Men and his girl friend were going to the movies without drawing attention? So, how much more attention would one of the junior member of the X-Men and her high school boyfirend draw?

Bendis could decide to write a story that involves the (very) minor celebrity status of Kitty, but that's his prerogative. On its own merit, the situation isn't very dangerous.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
Kitty is not a big star and her boyfriend is an unknown. They shouldn't make a big splash in the tabloid except for an odd mention here and there.

We ain't talking Bradd Pitt and Angelina Jolie here.

We're talking a Soap opera star dating a cameraman. It's a footnote to a papparazzi. There are thousands of stars. Only a select few get harassed.

And 'Date Night' would seem to indicate that the X-Men are not exactly the Ultimates. Noticed how the team leader of the X-Men and his girl friend were going to the movies without drawing attention? So, how much more attention would one of the junior member of the X-Men and her high school boyfirend draw?

Bendis could decide to write a story that involves the (very) minor celebrity status of Kitty, but that's his prerogative. On its own merit, the situation isn't very dangerous.

THANK YOU!!!! That should end the entire arguement right there!!!!

Maybe Peter should try dating Rogue. He'd defintely get pretty far, pretty fast (see "Date Night"), but the whole 'makes thing explode thing' would probably halt things.

Plus, it would remind him of Geldoff.

Ugh.

It really depends on the writer then. The X-Men were involved in a number of fights that could've ended the world from turning!

ultimatedjf said:
Maybe Peter should try dating Rogue. He'd defintely get pretty far, pretty fast (see "Date Night"), but the whole 'makes thing explode thing' would probably halt things.

Plus, it would remind him of Geldoff.

Ugh.
I dunno, there's something to be said for what she did to Bobby... o_O

And her eyes are hot.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
I was thinking about how fans are reacting to Kitty and Peter. I think their splitting will be a powerful moment. I wonder if Bendis can do powerful the way Millar pulled it off with Banner/Betty. That's thinking far ahead though.
Or they could both go... "Peter/Kitty, I think we should see other people." And part on friendly terms, and still beat people up together.

I really like the Peter/Kitty relationship. When the X-Men made a cameo back in the Geldof arc and saw that Kitty liked Spidey, I entertained a few thoughts of them becoming a couple, but never thought it would happen. MJ is a great character, but I like the idea of superheroes dating.

I love the idea of the Ultimate universe have different couples, I love that things are different than the 616 universe. Bobby and Rouge, Charles and Mystique, Colossus and Jean Paul. The Spidey/Shadowcat relationship has me hooked at the moment though. At least until Ultimate Scarlet Witch and Ultimate Vision get together.:wink: :twisted:

TheManWithoutFear said:
I was thinking about how fans are reacting to Kitty and Peter. I think their splitting will be a powerful moment. I wonder if Bendis can do powerful the way Millar pulled it off with Banner/Betty. That's thinking far ahead though.

Yeah...I was thinking that too. Possibly around issue #100, something drastic will happen like Kitty getting hurt and Peter thinking it's his fault. He then comes to realize that no one is safe with him.

Eh, I like it for the same reason I liked Peter/MJ. Keeps these two freaks out of the dating pool and away from the normal people.

TheManWithoutFear said:
It's giving me too much of that bad taste in my mouth like when celebrities date. It's not a real relationship. It's missing something.

Are you saying they are basing the relationship off of their status? That's kind of what I have thought since Kitty was first interested in him.

Couples will inevitably have their difference so they also need common ground.

In a Super-Hero / Normal person couple, it's the super-hero schtick that is the difference causing trouble.

If both partner are super-heros, then the super-hero schtick becomes a common ground and the biggest hurdle to their relationship both partners would normally face is neutralized.

It's a huge difference.

So it's quite normal that superheroes would favor dating each other. For basically the same reasons celebrities do the same.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back