Mary Jane or Kitty: Who do you like Peter with more?

Mary Jane or Kitty

• Mary Jane

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Kitty

Votes: 56 58.3%
  • Other/None (You're being difficult)

Votes: 7 7.3%

• Total voters
Kitty. I like the idea of really getting away from Peter&MJ 4-eva.:sick: I hope this lasts for a while, I'd like to see him and Kitty get serious and have this be more than just a little stunt by Bendis. With a new relationship anything can happen and there will actually be some interest as to whether or not they will stay together. Rather than "Peter broke up with MJ, oh I can't wait until 10 issues from now when they get back together."

McCheese said:
With a new relationship anything can happen and there will actually be some interest as to whether or not they will stay together. Rather than "Peter broke up with MJ, oh I can't wait until 10 issues from now when they get back together."

Couldn't agree with you more...

They should maybe also include another woman( i was hoping it would have been the black cat) and peter has a difficult choice to make between three women, Maybe there would be a climactic catfight between Kitty and the Black Cat or maybe even having peter date the three of them at the same time and stuggling to keep that all the relationships intact while at the same time fighting blade or something. I think that would be pretty cool, even if it sounds a little teen drama-ish

I read the annual over last night and I've gotta say... I actually really like the relationship between Peter and Kitty when it's center stage. When they're having a simple phone conversation or whatever it's kind of lame, however, when they are out of their costume and trying to understand where they fit in outside of the costumed world, it's brilliant. I hope Bendis begins to put an emphasis on that soon.

Goodwill said:
I read the annual over last night and I've gotta say... I actually really like the relationship between Peter and Kitty when it's center stage. When they're having a simple phone conversation or whatever it's kind of lame, however, when they are out of their costume and trying to understand where they fit in outside of the costumed world, it's brilliant. I hope Bendis begins to put an emphasis on that soon.
I liked that too. I honestly thought the annual told a pretty decent and HIGHLY likeable story, my only problem was it took too many pages to do so.

I don't understand what's meant by "center stage" and the difference between that and talking on the phone. The lame part is when they're in their costume, fighting. Actually it's not lame because we know Kitty's only in it for the thrills and because she's the kinda girl who always needs an "equal" boyfriend.

And Goodz, I have no idea what you're on about about "fitting in outside the comic world". There was never a hint of anything about that with them.

This is what I think: Although I like Kitty, and the whole MJ situation is kind of old, I think I prefer a non-super hero girlfriend.

Why?

Because I like to see a private life of Spider-Man as well as his heroics. And when Kitty is his girlfriend, I get the feeling that the heroics take more space.

Though I still want Felicia Hardy to be his girlfriend.

Korinthian said:
This is what I think: Although I like Kitty, and the whole MJ situation is kind of old, I think I prefer a non-super hero girlfriend.

Why?

Because I like to see a private life of Spider-Man as well as his heroics. And when Kitty is his girlfriend, I get the feeling that the heroics take more space.

Though I still want Felicia Hardy to be his girlfriend.

true but in this one felicia is way to old for peter she even puked on him

TheManWithoutFear said:
Good insight.

thanks i think

nigma said:
the dead ghost of Gwen, hes talking to himself already, seeing poeple that arn't there wont make a difference. :twisted:

I love you hah well he did have that nigthmare with her corps

Last edited by a moderator:
Venom Melendez said:
true but in this one felicia is way to old for peter she even puked on him
In some countries puke is an aphrodisiac.

Venom Melendez said:
thanks i think
Sarcasm - Saying something you don't mean in a humorous and/or mocking manner.

Last edited:
I'm definitely for Kitty.

This has mostly to with the fact that I found the Peter-MJ rehearsel boring from go-get. They were forced together in the first couple of issues and soon came to the point where MJ was practically "married" to peter (as someone said on panel).

There was no time for them top grow together, no time to go through the early stages every real relationship goes through, because everyone and their dog were expecting them to get together anyway, including the author and probably the editor and the inker and... you get my point, I guess.

Now, let's look at Peter and Kitty. You're certainly right, they are not in love with each other, they haven't had time to grow really close to each other, so far its merely pleasant. But think about it: Isn't that the way every serious relationship ouught to start? First you have a good time, then you get increasingly close to each other and at some point everything gets serious. That's pretty much what happened between 616 Peter and MJ a long time ago and what never happened between UU Peter and MJ, because they were feeding of their 616 history.
Now, let's presume for a moment, that UU Peter any Kitty might actually stay together. We might see something new and original begin right in front of our eyes.

Just imagine it's back in 197x, when MJ first walked into Peter's life. Everyone thought Peter and Gwen were the perfect couple, and noone ever thought Peter and MJ would ever get anywhere. Just imagine, we be wittnessing the exact same thing right now! :D

Also, concerning Peter's motivation. In case you don't remember the annual, i think peter was pretty thrilled when realized kitty wanted him.

I've read somewhere, that peter didn't go after kitty on his own accord, but that doesn't really matter, does it? Imagine a hot girl (presuming you're male - or lesbian) suddenly comes up to you and tells you she's had a crush on you for a long while. Would it matter afterwards that you never thought of her as a potential love interest before?

McCheese said:
In some countries puke is an aphrodisiac.

Sarcasm - Saying something you don't mean in a humorous and/or mocking manner.

thanks man since i live here in Puerto rico i dont know much american slang

comic_geek21 said:
Hey, ya never know! Maybe a few issues from now, we find out that Felicia is into 'younger' guys......

Or maybe she has a sister, a younger sister who will be attracted to Peter.

Last edited:
Definitively Kitty ... a few reasons for this

MJ and Spiderman breaking up and getting together again is really old; Ultimate Universe, new take on it, let's have something new for a wile.

Peter is having problems right now with the Peter Parker part of his life:
- Gwen died
- Aunt May threatening to cast him out and their relationship getting steadily worse
- School going bad, etc etc

Basically, most things in his "normal" life just isn't working out for obvious reasons, he's been depressed about it, and he has decided to try to do something about it. He did a reversal on the "spiderman no more" and said "peter parker no more" instead. Also, he said, he couldn't take it if he had MJ's life on his conscience as well and that seemed steadily more likely to happen as she ignored his warnings continously.

The big difference is that, obviously, with Kitty he wouldn't feel responsible. And also, Kitty is dating Spiderman, not really Peter Parker. They are going out partly as superheroes, and just a bit as "normal" people. Considering Peters depression and "Peter Parker no more" it just makes a lot more sense that he would be involved with someone that fell in love with Spiderman first. And well, he didn't seek it out, he got hijacked into it and all his reasons for not dating MJ are not really valid for not dating Kitty.

Besides, Kitty and Spiderman is a good pair from a "team" point of view as well; well connected, interesting more than superpowerfull powers, and basically very good slightly naive young people. Could get up to a lot of interesting things together; and in the X-Men, Kitty would just be overshadowed by other more interesting characters. At least in my opinion.

Aebriol said:
Definitively Kitty ... a few reasons for this

MJ and Spiderman breaking up and getting together again is really old; Ultimate Universe, new take on it, let's have something new for a wile.

Peter is having problems right now with the Peter Parker part of his life:
- Gwen died
- Aunt May threatening to cast him out and their relationship getting steadily worse
- School going bad, etc etc

Basically, most things in his "normal" life just isn't working out for obvious reasons, he's been depressed about it, and he has decided to try to do something about it. He did a reversal on the "spiderman no more" and said "peter parker no more" instead. Also, he said, he couldn't take it if he had MJ's life on his conscience as well and that seemed steadily more likely to happen as she ignored his warnings continously.

The big difference is that, obviously, with Kitty he wouldn't feel responsible. And also, Kitty is dating Spiderman, not really Peter Parker. They are going out partly as superheroes, and just a bit as "normal" people. Considering Peters depression and "Peter Parker no more" it just makes a lot more sense that he would be involved with someone that fell in love with Spiderman first. And well, he didn't seek it out, he got hijacked into it and all his reasons for not dating MJ are not really valid for not dating Kitty.

Besides, Kitty and Spiderman is a good pair from a "team" point of view as well; well connected, interesting more than superpowerfull powers, and basically very good slightly naive young people. Could get up to a lot of interesting things together; and in the X-Men, Kitty would just be overshadowed by other more interesting characters. At least in my opinion.

Welcome! :D

I agree with that last post - I love the Peter MJ relationship and think it's great, but it's also really, really played out. We've seen all we can see of that one.

Kitty and Peter may be superficial (at least for now), but it's also interesting and adds new dynamics we haven't seen yet. I can't wait to see whatever fireworks happen between MJ and Kitty once things get a little more serious.

I've gotta go with Kitty. They have a nice chemistry. Plus, you know Pete's gonna end up with MJ eventually. Like it or not it's almost guarenteed to happen. Having him with someone that we've never seen him with before in any universe is a nice touch. I really hope Bendis keeps Kitty around for a long time.

Latest posts

Back