Maximum Carnage *spoilers*

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Yes it's an old series but I like to talk about the comics I buy. I searched for topic about this and only found 2 ultimate maximum carnage threads.

taken from marvel zombies thread

going by the game and what i heard plus my venom love maximum carnage should be 5 out of 5 too so i got good comics:D

I was so wrong. Never has anyone been so wrong since that one Trojan "oh come on let's keep it it's just a wooden Horse that can't hurt us."

Even thou this series had venom I am so giving this a 0 out 10.

The art was nice , i liked seeing venom but everything else was so bad it swallowed the god things up like a fat man's arse does to a pair of shorts.

The game Maximum Carnage is very funny. I liked the look of Doppelganger on game and thought cool it's like man-spider that will kick ***. NO. He is what I would expect if Forest Gump became man-spider.

The whole story Carnage talks about how do not need a plan just live on instinct type thing which was cool if at very start of comic he had not been waiting for a time to making himself carnage again as if he really wanted all the killing why wait?

Others got involved like captain America and morbius (my first morbius comic yay!) which I normally love. But this made it look so forced and so random it was not funny

Venom , a man-spider kinda , huge team up all stuff i love so how do i hate it so much? it sucked that much.

I wanted to get that off my chest with out been off topic so I opened this one.

Do you guys like it or hate it?

Maximum Carnage, at the time is was released, was probaly one of the greatest things I had ever read. I liked Spawn to. Now I havent had a chance to reread MC but I reread some Spawns the other day and I hated them. Now thats not to say that I hate MC but I liked it long ago.....

Yeah i get that. This was my first time reading it. Maybe you'll still like.

I just popped down my comic book shop and found a tpb Venom vs Carnage so I bought it :lol: been buying too much comics resonantly but i guess that's happens when you have too much money to know what to buy.

Maximum Carnage, at the time is was released, was probaly one of the greatest things I had ever read.

:shock:

Go buy Seven Soldiers of Victory, Watchmen, and V for Vendetta and don't come out of your room until you're done reading them.

I liked it back in the day however I find it hard to re-read any of my older comics these days.

I tried to read Maximum Carnage again when I started to get back into comics and I just couldn't do it.

Same thing for the rest of my ASM issues.

:shock:

Go buy Seven Soldiers of Victory, Watchmen, and V for Vendetta and don't come out of your room until you're done reading them.

Your weird Seven Soldiers fetish is weirding me out. Sure, it's a great book...but it shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Watchmen.

And Maximum Carnage, much like most 90's-era comics, Suxxored badly.

Your weird Seven Soldiers fetish is weirding me out. Sure, it's a great book...but it shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Watchmen.

Does it matter when you're reccommending books?

well i picked up Maximum Carnage, back in 2005 when i was first getting into comics becausei have the old Genesis game and it was one of my favorite games growing up (Vectorman was No.1 though FTW)

so i read it and i must say it was O.K. at best, it's pretty good for most heavy Symbiote fans, but other wise i guess it's the textbook definition of 90's Spider-Man comics

If I were to recommend three comics to anyone...they'd be Watchmen, Kingdom Come and V for Vendetta. Seven Soldiers wouldn't even cross my mind.

Good day, sir.

:-| Okay.

I don't disagree that those are good comics, and I guess I'm missing the point of your argument.

Bull... ****.... It's definitely up there with Watchmen. It's just a different kind of book. Watchmen is wonderful because it takes superhero conventions and it twists them into the contexts of real world politics. It's a classic. It works on a number of levels, and it makes everyone who reads it look at the subtext of comic books as serious literary study.

Seven Soldiers is just as brilliant, and just as multi-faceted. It's just not as marketable. It's deep, delicious metafiction, and it's just as much a serious, creative, and beautiful book as Watchmen.

If Watchmen is the Hemingway of comic books, then Seven Soldiers is the Thomas Pynchon. It totally deserves your respect.

Wade_Wilson said:

Obviously you didn't understand the grand subtext of the story.

Also, Carnage r the ****.

Latest posts

Back