Yeah, I have to agree that Xavier whining and being sad has gotten really annoying.

I would like for him to see if his balls can get fixed like his back was and then go at it with Cyclops once and for all, and finally re-establish himself as part of the X-Men again. He doesn't have to lead them. Cyclops is doing a great job, really. But at least it'll be better than emo-ing around going, "He don't like me no more."

Last edited:
I did pick this up during my trip to the LCS Saturday, which is strange for me because 1) I don't pick up monthlies like that and 2) I hate the X-Men. But I didn't realize it was Brubaker (I knew almost nothing about this before a few days ago) so I though I'd check it out.

It was OK...it seemed like kind of a tough thing to jump on with limited knowledge of some of the more obscure X-villains. I had no idea what the Purifiers are...I mean, sure it's obvious after reading it what they are, or at least a general idea of it, but still...if it goes any deeper than that I'd be lost.

I don't have the issue in front of me...TOG mentioned Tan on art...I could have sworn it was Marc Silvestri....? Or did he maybe just do the cover? I know I saw his name on the cover somewhere...

So, yeah...I wasn't terribly impressed. I doubt I will keep picking up the floppies but I'll probably keep reading.

I did pick this up during my trip to the LCS Saturday, which is strange for me because 1) I don't pick up monthlies like that and 2) I hate the X-Men. But I didn't realize it was Brubaker (I knew almost nothing about this before a few days ago) so I though I'd check it out.

It was OK...it seemed like kind of a tough thing to jump on with limited knowledge of some of the more obscure X-villains. I had no idea what the Purifiers are...I mean, sure it's obvious after reading it what they are, or at least a general idea of it, but still...if it goes any deeper than that I'd be lost.
They do a good job of explaining all the different parties in the first issue. Especially in the back where Cyclops gives the reader a rundown on all of them. Did you get both issues or just the second?
I don't have the issue in front of me...TOG mentioned Tan on art...I could have sworn it was Marc Silvestri....? Or did he maybe just do the cover? I know I saw his name on the cover somewhere...
Silvestri did the first issue. Tan did the second. Read the reviews! I do them for a reason.
So, yeah...I wasn't terribly impressed. I doubt I will keep picking up the floppies but I'll probably keep reading.
I was pumped coming into this and I haven't been overly impressed either.

They do a good job of explaining all the different parties in the first issue. Especially in the back where Cyclops gives the reader a rundown on all of them. Did you get both issues or just the second?

Silvestri did the first issue. Tan did the second. Read the reviews! I do them for a reason.

I was pumped coming into this and I haven't been overly impressed either.

I didn't read the reviews and am glad I didn't...I wasn't even aware of the 2nd issue.

Maybe I'll go back and pick it up.

Admittedly I only skimmed the back material in #1 but I will go back and reread it.

Why do you hate me when I show you nothing but love!?!

E stand for Evil jerk remember? I was thinking about getting this but i heard beast takes a back seat after the first few issues where he was trying to contact all the bad guys to help with his research on mday. still on the fence but im down for anything that concludes HoM especially since wanda hasn't been around. I wonder...

Why do you hate me when I show you nothing but love!?!

Only because it would have spoiled #2 for me, which I didn't even know existed.

And I'm Evil Jerk.

No. They're trying to steal our moneys.

But it's a crossover involving 4 X-books so the weekly schedule was pretty much unavoidable.

I doubt I will bother picking up the x-over issues but I might still read them.

I doubt I will bother picking up the x-over issues but I might still read them.
They're all x-over issues. Messiah Complex as a stand alone series was just the one shot that you already bought. From last week's issue on the story will be told exclusively in the 4 X-books involved.

X-Factor this week, New X-Men after that, Adjectiveless in week 5, and then back to Uncanny. Repeat until the 13th week.

They're all x-over issues. Messiah Complex as a stand alone series was just the one shot that you already bought. From last week's issue on the story will be told exclusively in the 4 X-books involved.

X-Factor this week, New X-Men after that, Adjectiveless in week 5, and then back to Uncanny. Repeat until the 13th week.

I see.

Of course, being an X-Men story, they have to make this as confusing as they can.

:lol:

If I wasn't already getting 3 out of the 4 books involved I'd feel the same.

I will probably read them anyway, but I won't buy them.

I'm sure there is some sort of checklist or something in the back of #1; I will look and see.

Latest posts

Back