Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of The Patriots

I read that this game is Hideo's last one. That his plan is that
Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater, Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2 make up the Big Boss Trilogy and
Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty, and Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of The Patroits make up the Solid Snake Trilogy.

Kind of like the Star Wars trilogys.

Last edited:
thee great one said:
I read that this game is Hideo's last one. That his plan is that
Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater, Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2 make up the Big Boos Trilogy and
Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons Of Liberty, and Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of The Patroits make up the Solid Snake Trilogy.

Kind of like the Star Wars trilogys.

DIrishB said:
Didn't Kojima say this was going to be the final Metal Gear game? I remember hearing or reading that somewhere but I could be wrong.

Just read on IGN, I guess a MGS5 is planned, but Kojima will have nothing to do with it. Then again, he's been saying the same thing since the first Metal Gear on Nintendo. I guess all it took to bring him back was Snake's Revenge. So maybe if MGS5 doesn't live up to his standards, he'll come back for MGS6? ;)

I think Kojima was only the producer for Ghost Babel, AC!D and AC!D 2, yet GB and AC!D turned out pretty well. I'm not thrilled with the cell-shaded look of AC!D 2, but hopefull it'll be good as well.

Lynx said:
I think Kojima was only the producer for Ghost Babel, AC!D and AC!D 2, yet GB and AC!D turned out pretty well. I'm not thrilled with the cell-shaded look of AC!D 2, but hopefull it'll be good as well.

I think the most important aspect of the MGS series is the story and gameplay. A failure on either one leads the fans (and Hideo himself apparently) to consider them not even a part of the series. But, by that logic, A Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones shouldn't be a part of the Star Wars series, just because the quality wasn't up to par with the rest.

Man. I just saw the video for this game.

I've only played Metal Gear Solid (about 20 times through) and a little of Sons of liberty, but this game may get me back into owning a console.

MGS is probably the best game I've played, and I lie in hope that one day (on the ps5 or something) they remake the entire series get the stories all clear and have none of the silly bits. (catch a monkey game etc)

I know for a fact that if I do get a ps3 I will be picking up the previous compatible games too.

Guijllons said:
I've only played Metal Gear Solid (about 20 times through)

MGS is the last game that managed to hold my interest long enough to finish it. One of the all-time greats, for sure.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
...We got Snake, Liquid ******* Ocelot, Campbell and you need to make a comment about RAIDEN??????? I give up
They managed to make him look cool!!! That's AMAZING!!! And Liquid Ocelot looked pretty badass too :D

Now to the questions:
Where is Olga's baby?
Is MGS4 placed in Zanzibar? Could be since the "enemy" is Outer Heaven...
And what do they want with Big Boss' body? Maybe more clones, that would make a very good and profitable mercenary army.

So the new video showed how the suit works, how the little stupid robot works and the new disguise of Snake.
The Barrel! No more boxes.

Cant wait for this game. Probably my favorite franchise. The reason I bought the OG Playstation.

Latest posts

Back