Mmmmmmm....Turkey!

I ate a ton too.

Turkey, Turnips, Yams, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Stuffing (Which is the best stuffing EVER), Creamed Onions, Cranberry Sauce, and rolls. LOTS OF FOOD!

Tonight's dinner menu: cashew chicken stir-fry with vegetables and angel-hair pasta. (I'm in Toronto, Ontario, where everyone is conspicuously not celebrating Thanksgiving. Turkey didn't appear on the menu in any way, shape or form.) I did, however, manage to have a slice of pumpkin pie -- yesterday at breakfast, before we got on the train to travel up here.

Ironically, we're going to have turkey left-overs after all. My aunts bought an 18-pound turkey to fix dinner for several of my cousins, some of whom found they couldn't make it at the last minute, so we'll be helping them polish off whatever turkey is still available. Cold turkey sandwiches for lunch next week. With lots of Miracle Whip. Yum! :D

So this Thanksgiving I was intent on being this mean ol' mizer who didn't wanna participate in the holidays.

Unfortunately I was forced into going to a friend's house for Turkey Day. While that in itself isn't really story worthy....the fact that his mom was hitting on me (repeatedly)...his little niece kept wanting to clown on me with jokes about how I looked---so I teased her back. But I didn't mean to make her cry. And then there's the fact that alomost everyone in his family wants me to start dating his sister----she's 34.

WTF?

At least the food was good.

Weird......

So this Thanksgiving I was intent on being this mean ol' mizer who didn't wanna participate in the holidays.

Unfortunately I was forced into going to a friend's house for Turkey Day. While that in itself isn't really story worthy....the fact that his mom was hitting on me (repeatedly)...his little niece kept wanting to clown on me with jokes about how I looked---so I teased her back. But I didn't mean to make her cry. And then there's the fact that alomost everyone in his family wants me to start dating his sister----she's 34.

WTF?

At least the food was good.

Weird......

8 years difference isn't THAT bad. . .

No...but it's just the fact that the whole family waws pushing this.

Well, look at it this way: It speaks volumes about your character. If everyone in her family wants you to date her (A guy a bit younger than her), it means you've shown yourself to be a mature, responsible individual.

It's a compliment, so just go with it.

Thanksgiving was disappointing. I wasn't even hungry. I mainly had turkey, mashed potatoes and corn casserole (Which is like, the most delicious thing in the world). The stuffing wasn't very good, and I failed to remember that I don't like cranberry sauce. A fine family gathering, but an underwhelming meal.
Well, look at it this way: It speaks volumes about your character. If everyone in her family wants you to date her (A guy a bit younger than her), it means you've shown yourself to be a mature, responsible individual.

It's a compliment, so just go with it.
Unless they all hate her and they just want to get rid of her.

Or, they're just trying to play a mean joke on her by making her go out with VVD. :D

ZOMG! INTERWEB HIGH-FIVE!!!

highfive.jpg

I discovered something today. What Americans call yams? Not yams.

You've all been lying to me. Yams=sweet potatoes. Actual yams are big and brown and come from Papua New Guinea.

Latest posts

Back