Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.

well MKA has been shipped to stores today and it should be available for sale tomorrow (wednesday for us canucks) if ya get it in the next couple days post your thoughts

So far, it is not as good as I thought it would be.

Why did they get rid of the 3 stance playing? Its only 2 stance now! I don't like that....

Oh and the Xbox game graphics aren't very good either, but I would have picked it up for the 360 but something happened to Blockbuster's shipment.

So far, it is not as good as I thought it would be.

Why did they get rid of the 3 stance playing? Its only 2 stance now! I don't like that....

Oh and the Xbox game graphics aren't very good either, but I would have picked it up for the 360 but something happened to Blockbuster's shipment.
i think it's good not great but good (it needs to be sped up)

the reasoning behind the 3/2 fighting style change was that they would have had to find and map over 180 different fighting styles and midway is notoriously lazy

and the thing with the xbox 360 shipment is that this game is not coming out for xbox 360 at all however it was just put on the backwards compatibility list

so far i've made iron fist, gambit, ghost rider, and tremor(mk character) in the create a character it's pretty good

i think it's good not great but good (it needs to be sped up)

the reasoning behind the 3/2 fighting style change was that they would have had to find and map over 180 different fighting styles and midway is notoriously lazy

I would had had no problem with multiple characters sharing fighting styles. Infact, it would had been better! Hell, multiple characters share the same weapon fighting styles (just with different weapons). Example: Hsu Hao, Kano, and Kira.
It kinda bothers me more that almost every character only has 1 hand-to-hand fighting style, because there are maybe 10 un-used styles now.

Motaro only has two legs now, so they could had given him any fighting style.
The Shokans don't even use their extra pair of arms (outside of specials and grapples), so they could had been given any fighting style aswell.
Blaze, Moloch, and Onaga are basically human-looking, so they could had also had any fighting style.

My only beefs I have about this game:
01. The loin-cloths!!! (64 characters, 30 have loin-cloths).
02. Smoke has no weapon.
03. Kintaro is the only Shokan without a Teleport-Stomp (he invented it!).
04. Only two fighting styles.
05. No Shokans in KaK.
06. KaK doesn't have all of the characters' special moves.
07. No unique fatalities (if only one each).

Everything else? Awesome!!!

Last edited:
What is KaK?

I also hate that the krypt shows what you are buying....it just takes out the fun.

The ONLY thing about this game i have a problem with is that there is no Bios. I was devastated when i heard that.

Ok, there are about 64 characters, and 30 of them have loin-cloths.

Now I have to ask you guys, which costume or costumes would you scrap the loin-cloth from their design?

Me? I'd do away with the following loin-cloths:

Baraka Alt
Cyrax Alt
Dairou Alt
Jarek Both
Motaro Main (what about the metal crotch-plate from mk3?)
Noob Saibot Both
Quan Chi Main
Reiko Main
Shang Tsung Main
Shinnok Alt
Smoke Main

Last edited:
The ONLY thing about this game i have a problem with is that there is no Bios. I was devastated when i heard that.

john vogel (mortal kombat' writer/head of story developement) said that they weren't allowed to have bios because the midway bosses said they weren't needed

and plus with all the resurrections (shinnok, hsu hao, etc.) taking place and all the continuity errors (kabal and mavado BOTH having the same hookswords) involved in this game they decided to leave them out

but he also acknowledged that some characters desperately needed the bios to explain their endings (beat the game with rain and there is a shining example)

konquest kindof had psuedo-bios when the character explain what their doing before you fight them but it's really shallow

but vogel said that they might write the bios and post them on the internet

the majority of the endings are HUGE what if's but a few of them have parts of them that can be considered cannon (rain being taven and daegons half brother for example)

Haha, I made a half-way decent Deadpool in KaK! I only wish I had access to Stryker's assault rifle and grenades.

i've made :
marvel:
gambit
iron fist
ghost rider
thor

MK:
khameleon (for a kontest)
tremor
re-did reiko(gave pi gua and the devastator back otherwise no real change)
re-did kung lao (looks alot like his MKSM look but cooler IMO)

well they've released the first of the online Bios, the first one is for Kenshi the Blind Swordsman

With Shang Tsung rumored dead, I had no further need of the Special Forces. And although I had an ally in Sub-Zero, I had no desire to join the Lin Kuei. I returned to Earthrealm, content to be a lone warrior once again. Guided by my ancestors' sword, I hunted the wicked, slaying those who would threaten the meek. In the dark, my blindness was an advantage. I struck unseen and toppled many criminal organizations from the safety of the night. As I fought against the underworld, I intercepted encrypted communications to Mavado from a secretive clan known as the Red Dragon. The messages revealed an elaborate plan designed to ensnare one man: an Edenian half-god named Taven. The Red Dragon were in a frenzy, and it seemed as though something very important was underway.

Before I could determine the location of the Red Dragon base, however, I was met by a former ally, Johnny Cage. He believed that the fallen Elder God Shinnok had resurfaced and wanted to gather the Forces of Light to discuss a battle plan. I refused the invitation, not wanting to get involved in yet another pointless melee between "good" and "evil". I had my own agenda: bring down the Red Dragon and finish Mavado. Alone in the Botan Jungle, stalking Red Dragon scouts, I was overwhelmed by an intense psychic scream. I became aware of Taven and Daegon and their quest to slay the fire elemental, Blaze. My sword also heard the scream and pleaded with me to ally with the Forces of Light once more. I had received insight from my blade before, but this time it seemed drawn to kombat. It was as if I could feel the sword pulling me towards some epic clash. I will not deny its cry for blood. Though Johnny Cage is gather the Forces of Light, I will be the one to take them into battle. The lone warrior will become a leader of many.

Last edited:
This is coming out for the Wii in March, at the moment. Surpringsly enough, the rating is still RP (Rating Pending).

the second Bio is up! this time it's Sareena

I was given asylum by the Lin Kuei in gratitude for aiding Sub-Zero in the Netherrealm years ago. I swore to uphold the laws of the clan and protect it from any outside threat. My allegiance was strong, but Sub-Zero felt I still had much to prove before the clan would fully accept me. He entrusted me with a small metallic object that would guide me and grant me access to the hidden Lin Kuei temple. He ordered me to wait for him there as he departed for the Netherrealm. Instead, I followed him -- I could not bring myself to allow him to come to harm. But the realm's essence began twisting my soul, and I had second thoughts about disobeying him. When he was attacked by Noob Saibot and Smoke, however, it seemed I had made the right decision. I leapt from hiding and prevented Noob from killing Sub-Zero. With the sides now even, we soundly defeated Noob and Smoke. They escaped to parts unknown, but not before rendering Sub-Zero unconscious.

The intense fight and the influence of the Netherrealm's dark energies caused me to lose control of my human apperance, and I reverted to my demonic form. When Sub-Zero regained consciousness, he was confused and attacked me. To avoid harming him, I fled to the depths of the Netherrealm. There I was ambushed by Noob, Smoke, and my former master, Quan Chi. The sorcerer knew of my allegiance to Sub-Zero and demanded to know the location of the Lin Kuei temple. At first I refused, holding to my oath. But Quan Chi's influence is great. He cast his dark sorcery upon me, returning me to my human form and showing me my true nature. I am not a being of Light. I am a demon of the Netherrealm, a servant of Quan Chi. I will follow him to whatever end. I surrendered the object given to me by Sub-Zero. He was a fool to have trusted me.

Last edited:
Fujin's Bio is now up

It is unclear to me what has caused the transformation in our friend and ally Raiden. I have conversed with gods from other realms about the possible reasons for his madness. Rumors abound that he may have sacrificed himself to defeat Onaga. But if that were true, his energies would have dispersed and then reformed in Earthrealm. His spirit would have been reborn, having no memories of the past. He would have become a new god of thunder, neither good nor evil. Yet this new Raiden is dark, acting with a clear goal to defend the realm, but with the ruthlessness of Shao Kahn. What is more troubling is the enforcer he commands. Liu Kang's corpse has been reanimated and is selectively slaying many for reasons unknown. Kung Lao and I have joined forces to confront our former allies. If a way cannot be found to save Raiden and Liu Kang, I fear we will have no choice but to finish them.

We I first reunited with Kung Lao he informed me of a gathering called together by Johnny Cage. At the meeting, Johnny Cage described his encounter with Shinnok, the fallen Elder God thought to have been defeated years ago. I doubted his story. It seems unlikely that Johnny Cage would have psychic powers, and even less likely that he could have defeated Shinnok single-handed. But others present brought forth further evidence that something epic was taking shape. Most interesting was Kenshi's mention of the brothers Taven and Daegon. I knew them well ages ago. When they went missing, I questioned Argus. He would not speak of their whereabouts, but stated that they would bring about a new world. At the time I did not understand what he meant. But now it is becoming clear to me that whatever Argus planned is being corrupted by evil. As the others embark on this journey to defeat Blaze, I must intercept Taven and Daegon to hinder their progress and determine the true purpose of the quest. I only hope I am not too late.

Nightwolf's Bio is now up

The Ancients spoke to me of a coming storm that would pit the warriors of the realms against each other in an epic battle. But most disturbing of all was a warning that a hidden evil was manipulating these warriors, forcing them to participate. My visions were seemingly made real when, at a gathering of the Forces of Light, Johnny Cage revealed that Shinnok had returned, and that the fallen Elder God was assembling the Forces of Darkness once more. I agreed to help Johnny Cage and join his fight.

At the summit, Kitana approached me. I was amazed to find that she was accompanied by the spirit of Liu Kang. The bond between them was strong; thus she was able to keep his energies intact until a way to reunite his body and soul could be found. There was not much I could do to help until I achieved a much higher level of shamanic power. I transferred the bond from Kitana to myself and accepted my role as Liu Kang's new spiritual anchor. Perhaps this unknown power sought by the Forces of Darkness could be the key to helping Liu Kang find peace.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back