Mortal Kombat Legacy web-series

Re: Mortal Kombat Rebirth

[video=youtube;9_MqZn7E-mk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MqZn7E-mk[/video]

This video is a homage to Amazing Spider-Man #100.

That was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in relation to Mortal Kombat.

It looks more promising than most video game movies.

Why was Gemini's post "bizarre" yet Dr.Strangefate's "promising " IT'S THE SAME VIDEO :lol::p joking but I just noticed this when all the posts = merged

Why was Gemini's post "bizarre" yet Dr.Strangefate's "promising " IT'S THE SAME VIDEO :lol::p joking but I just noticed this when all the posts = merged

It was bizarre because it's unlike anything I've ever seen from Mortal Kombat, which is promising because, well:
This is the smart way to do a video game movie. Take the conceits and premises that really make the game great and strip away the parts of continuity that won't work for translation.

This trailer is blowing my mind.

HOW DOES A PLASTIC SURGEON LEARN MONKEY KUNG FU!

I don't think it's a trailer. It says on Michael Jai White's filmography that this is a short film. So maybe they're pitching it so they can make an actual movie out of it.

I don't think it's a trailer. It says on Michael Jai White's filmography that this is a short film. So maybe they're pitching it so they can make an actual movie out of it.

it is. they're pitching to WB to make this a flim so this guy can direct it. I believe that's according to Jerri Lee's twitter.

Last edited:

I find the idea of Scorpion being the hero in this one intriguing. It makes sense as he's the most famous character they've got.

I find the idea of Scorpion being the hero in this one intriguing. It makes sense as he's the most famous character they've got.

It sounded like they're having him be an assassin for a Japanese mafia clan instead of an actual clan of ninjas, which is interesting. I wonder where his mask will come in play?

Though I would have rather seen a really stylistic take on the whole "super natural enter the dragon" (think Snyder rather than Nolan). this looks flat out awesome and I really hope they follow through on this.

I just hope the old incarnations of the characters and story and setting don't get completely flushed down the toilet, I wonder if they can have both iterations exist at the same time keep this for the movies and something closer to the original set-up for the games (character design/backgrounds, settings, and basic premise) while completely overhauling the play engine.

Still its the first time i've been genuinely excited about MK in a long time and I can't wait to see what comes out of this.

I could have sworn I looked for a thread, but I guess I did not look very far.

Mortal Kombat: Rebirth Director Explains The Short

Filmmaker Kevin Tancharoen says it took two days of shooting, two months of post-production and $7,500 to create Mortal Kombat: Rebirth, a short movie that the director describes as his "calling card" for a full-length feature.

if you would've told me the director of 'fame' was going to make a mortal kombat movie that looked awesome i would've punched you in the face. but after watching this, i'd have to apologize to you and buy you an ice cream sandwich to make up for it.

if you would've told me the director of 'fame' was going to make a mortal kombat movie that looked awesome i would've punched you in the face. but after watching this, i'd have to apologize to you and buy you an ice cream sandwich to make up for it.
Awesome, I love ice-cream sandwiches. Can I have two?

Latest posts

Back