Mortal Kombat Legacy web-series

Re: Mortal Kombat Rebirth

I completely agree, it just had terrible pacing, and the animated segments just didn't fit with this series. Really they should have put off this story until much later. Just having a narrator tell us all the back ground of Shao Kaun before even explaining shang tsung is just weird. There's still so many down to earth stories to tell it's odd that they would tell this when logically it should be at the end of these origin series

I think the reason for it now, is to show more of the fantasy/mythical elements sooner. The only reason if it was saved till the end of series then there would be more complaints about trying to force fantasy into a serious realistic series. I may be explaining that wrong.

I thought the animated segments felt perfect. It felt to me when they were been narrated they were more intone with the games "endings" when you beat the ladders ect.... Which is good.

I want to know who they doing next. I'm waiting for reptile. Also scorpion to see if he is prison scorpion from rebirth or ninja scorpion like games.

It's obviously the Scorpion from the games.

They have abandoned the trailer completely, other than the people who played in it.

I think the reason for it now, is to show more of the fantasy/mythical elements sooner. The only reason if it was saved till the end of series then there would be more complaints about trying to force fantasy into a serious realistic series. I may be explaining that wrong.
I get that but think it's a wrong way to go, you need to build up into the fantasy which the Johnny Cage episode did a great introduction to. Then we're thrown into something heavy on the fantasy and light on the budget. Sub-Zero and Scorpion as well as Lui Kang with Raiden would have served much better to introduce those fantasy aspects. Instead we get a bunch of back story that has almost zero excitement as oppose to the last to episodes.

I thought the animated segments felt perfect. It felt to me when they were been narrated they were more intone with the games "endings" when you beat the ladders ect.... Which is good.

I want to know who they doing next. I'm waiting for reptile. Also scorpion to see if he is prison scorpion from rebirth or ninja scorpion like games.
The narrations were so slow and unenthusiastic that added with a pretty boring animation segments really kills any momentum this project has. And I'm pretty certain that Scorpion and SubZero are next since we have seen clips and images of them.

It's obviously the Scorpion from the games.

They have abandoned the trailer completely, other than the people who played in it.

Yeah, the trailer was more of a take on how he would approach it. Since Jax didn't have the metal arms and we saw Barracas that were different. Seems with the series he's more willing to stick closer to the original story.

To be fair it was never stated that they were doing this based off of MK Rebirth, that was a pet-project of the directors.

This is something completely different, that appears to be setting all the major characters up for their roles in the first (tenth) MK tournament, and if this garners enough support it sounds like they'll be doing a full motion-picture for that after this season and season two wrap

To be fair it was never stated that they were doing this based off of MK Rebirth, that was a pet-project of the directors.

This is something completely different, that appears to be setting all the major characters up for their roles in the first (tenth) MK tournament, and if this garners enough support it sounds like they'll be doing a full motion-picture for that after this season and season two wrap

And I would have rathered the other story. Sounded so much better than another origin telling of this one.

EPISODE 6:

[video=youtube;5tWh4Z42SJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5tWh4Z42SJk[/video]​

Much, MUCH better episode.

Last edited:

EPISODE 6:

[video=youtube;5tWh4Z42SJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5tWh4Z42SJk[/video]​

Much, MUCH better episode.

Indeed, this way so much better.

EPISODE 7:

[video=youtube;O5Wnc8OyUj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Wnc8OyUj0[/video]​

Not bad at all. Looking forward to the second part!

Last edited:

EPISODE 8:

[video=youtube;hQv-kYsclSM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQv-kYsclSM[/video]​

Quan Chi's voice should have been deeper.

Last edited:

I had just remembered about this last night and went, "Oh damn! The last two episodes!", but it turns out 9 isn't even out. It's being saved for Comic-con.

And finally....

EPISODE 9:

[video=youtube;-OwDyWfjb48]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OwDyWfjb48[/video]​

I'd say this was the best episode of them all.

Last edited:

While I think Mortal Kombat: Legacy is pretty great, I think the original Mortal Kombat movie was a better adaptation. It wasn't as bloody as a Mortal Kombat film should be, and it didn't put much focus on characters like Scorpion and Sub-Zero, but I think it worked because it was more about the mythical aspects of the series. "Gritty realism" would make more sense for Tekken or Street Fighter. And the acting in this series isn't very good (acting wasn't one of the strong points of the original Mortal Kombat either, but the actors were still better). I'm glad that they're not killing off Johnny Cage before he even gets a chance to compete in the tournament like in Mortal Kombat: Rebirth, because Johnny Cage was probably the coolest character in the original film, but the actor playing him is just terrible. That said, my favorite episodes so far were the Scorpion/Sub-Zero ones.

Ready? Mortal Kombat: Legacy Kicking Off Season 2 Next Year

Warner Bros. and Machinima will continue the live-action web series Mortal Kombat: Legacy with a second season starting next spring.

mortal-kombat-legacy.jpg

Season 2 trailer:

[video=youtube;5l3jrR5XMSU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5l3jrR5XMSU[/video]

Latest posts

Back