Mortal Kombat Legacy web-series

Re: Mortal Kombat Rebirth

Now, in a movie version, I am going to have that mysticism there, but it has to be done in a very tasteful way. I wouldn't like it too campy or too cheesy. I know this is a weird analogy, but it's the best one I can think of right now. It's kind of like when in Harry Potter, there's two universes that coexist with each other. There's the real world, and then you get on the train and then you go to Hogwart's, and that's where all the magic is. It was actually kind of similar in the first Mortal Kombat, too. They had to get on the ship and go to the island, and that's where all the crazy stuff happened.

Read more: Full Details on Kevin Tancharoen's Mortal Kombat: Rebirth | /Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/06/10...charoens-mortal-kombat-rebirth/#ixzz0qVlW6Vgx

From the Director himself, for all of you thinking he would drain the series of all the magic.

Dr. StrangeFAIL

:-(

To be fair I took a bit from that and focused on the part that was making people upset, which is a valid point to address. But yeah, I am somehow terrible at posting in this thread.

Makes more since than a full movie. I think they'll be able to get more out of this without studios getting in the way.

plus, if WB grows a pair and has him make a movie set in his MK universe, it's going to have an accessible backstory/prequels for people new to the franchise.

It's rare that you find a competitor who brings a gun to a Mortal Kombat tournament, but Kurtis Stryker is just that kind of guy. As it turns out, the MK character – first introduced in Mortal Kombat 3 – will be part of Warner Bros.' new Mortal Kombat digital series, and IGN has the exclusive on who's playing him.

Tahmoh Penikett, best known for his role as Helo on Battlestar Galactica, is taking on the role of the police officer character, referred to here as Lieutenant Stryker

from http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/115/1150222p1.html

This could be good. I'm hoping the webseries is released on dvd and bluray sometime but that may be unlikely

Last edited:

never cared for Stryker, but that looks like a good casting, the guy who they've cast for Kano seems like a good fit (I can't recall his name at the moment) I just hope he can pull off a convincing Australian accent

Seems really strange to me that they seem to be focusing so much on the OIA/Black Dragon storyline. But if the whole series is as awesome as that short film, I'll be all over it

EPISODE 1:

[video=youtube;6s6UiEuCYXA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s6UiEuCYXA&list=SL[/video]

I just saw the trailer of this and I had no idea the actual tournament was going to be featured. I thought everyone was going to be either a cop, or a wacky villain.

THAT'S where I've seen Styker before. I'm really liking it so far. I'm hoping we get a tournament soon.

That was pretty great, though I can't help but think that the Jax/Sonya/Kano story might not have been the best choice to have as your "hook" episode, a Liu Kang/ Kung Lao story (being saved for season two for some reason) or a Sub-Zero/Scorpion origin story (later this season set in ancient japan with entirely japanese dialogue), or even the origin of the tournament would have been better set-up episodes.

I love seeing someone finally make the connection between the Black Dragon's cybernetics, and the lin kuei's (thats Kano's client). I've always figured that that Hsu Hao's heart, Jax's arms, Kano's eye, Jareks eyes, Kabal's respirator, and Cyrax/Smoke/Sektor could have all been derived from the same tech

I loved the first episode. I so hope it comes out on dvd & bluray. But i'm not sure if that is likely or not.

Latest posts

Back