Mortal Kombat Vs. Detective Comics?

I really like Mortal Kombat so Im gonna give it a chance. Just because SubZero vs Scorpion is as stupid as Onslaught vs Ryu and even so Marvel vs Capcom was an enjoyable game.

Yeah, Marvel Vs Capcom was a barrel of fun, even though it was incredibly annoying that all the strength levels were all off because it was a fighting game (a problem that this game will inevitably have).

I think in a way, all fighting games are a bit silly. At the end of the day, there is nothing to the gameplay except pummeling the other poor bastard.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that there needs to be a DC Universe: Ultimate Alliance. Justice League Heroes just didn't cut it.

Last edited:
This would work better if they went with DC/Vertigo, but only used the dark, badass, fighting-based characters. Lobo, Batman, Rorschach and mother****ing V in a fighting game? Holy ****!

Edit: Mr. Moore, I'm soooooooooooooo sorry.:(

Shee-it.

Here's a game that needs makin'.

I really like Mortal Kombat so Im gonna give it a chance. Just because SubZero vs Scorpion is as stupid as Onslaught vs Ryu and even so Marvel vs Capcom was an enjoyable game.

Wait a minute scorpion vs sub-zero is far from being that stupid

Yeah...I don't get it. Aren't they both MK characters?!

Last edited:
posted by SSJ mole: Well this time around Mortal Kombat 8 will not be able to be released for the Nintendo Wii. As Mortal Kombat 8 is going to use the Unreal 3 Engine and the Nintendo Wii cannot run the Unreal 3 Engine. (Dont believe me, look it up)

So b/c of this there going to release an eclusive Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe game just for the Nintendo Wii. This is very easily going to be done as they already have the Engine (MKA Engine) and all the MK characters already made. They just have to make the DC characters and DC backgrounds and pick out there favorite MKA characters and bam, have an eclusive game for the Wii that was very easy to make. And its perfect for testing grounds on a VS game in the future. Also the T rating is something DC and Nintendo wanted. Which means its going to be MKA style fighting but no blood or fatalitys.

But dont worry guys...The real Mortal Kombat 8 is still being made and its going to be realistic and gory and for xbox 360 and PS3.

What site did you get this from? so does this mean that this isn't MK8? it better not be? Ed Boon said that MK 8 would be gritter and darker. does this mean that MK 8 won't be out untill 2010? can someone please answer these questions? all the sites i'm going on including Mortal kombat onlne says that this is MK8. but I think that they are wrong.

What site did you get this from? so does this mean that this isn't MK8? it better not be? Ed Boon said that MK 8 would be gritter and darker. does this mean that MK 8 won't be out untill 2010? can someone please answer these questions? all the sites i'm going on including Mortal kombat onlne says that this is MK8. but I think that they are wrong.

what mole posted was a rumor that is wrong

this is MK8

oh god if it is MK 8 what is boon doing? he said that MK 8 would be darker and griter and return to it's roots. THIS MK vs DC crap isn't returning it to it's roots. What was Ed boon thinking???? i really hope this game is bad and no one buys this piece of **** becauase I know I won't. They call this MK 8 give me a F****ing break.

I wouldn't mind maybe Batman guest starring in an MK game, the way Spawn, Link, Darth Vader, and Yoda guest starred in Soul Calibur games.

Now that I think about it I really hope that Ed boon says that this is NOT MK 8 at all and is just a side project and that the TRUE MK 8 is on it's way. If not well than i won't buy or play any future Mk again at all.
EDIT:
Originally posted by Ed Boon: We're doing something with the next game that's unbelievably unexpected
yeah and that unexpected thing is utter crap thanks a lot.

Last edited:
oh god if it is MK 8 what is boon doing? he said that MK 8 would be darker and griter and return to it's roots. THIS MK vs DC crap isn't returning it to it's roots. What was Ed boon thinking???? i really hope this game is bad and no one buys this piece of **** becauase I know I won't. They call this MK 8 give me a F****ing break.

Maybe it's not MK8. I mean Marvel vs Capcom was a diffrent universe/timeline ect to the marvel and capcom games.

Maybe this is the 8th game or what ever but not part of the regular series.

posted by SSJ mole: Maybe this is the 8th game or what ever but not part of the regular series
you make an excellent point SSJ mole. someone should ask Boon the question: is this game really considered MKI 8 or is this just a mash up game?

Last edited:
dude just give it a chance, youv'e seen one promo image, and all of 13 seconds of footage. thats hardly enough to pass judgdment on a game

I'm probably the biggest MK dork this site has ever had (I have beaten each game, with each character, on each difficulty level, in each costume. And ive been playing since i was 6 years old)and I'm not freaking out.

Just wait until you get some real info before you pass judgement.

Superman and Batman killing people brutally seems in poor taste... And how can a ninja beat Superman?

Superman and Batman killing people brutally seems in poor taste... And how can a ninja beat Superman?

They are not killing. Fatalities are not in game.

As for ninja beating superman, Superman can be hurt by magic so you could say scorpion's spear or sub zero's freezing are magic and could hurt him.

Boon said that they're presenting elements in the storyline to logically equal the fighters out. He specifically mentioned Superman's weakness to magic, but he didn't go into detail.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back