Mortal Kombat Vs. Detective Comics?

Ed Boon has said that this game will have roughly 20 characters probably 10 from each franchise

Cool , Maybe that means there will be more focus on making charracters diffrent. Armageddon as much as I like it had so many charracters and they all played pretty much the same.

Krytonite katana.

Umm, that's not even needed. Remember Diana's and Shining Knight's swords (which is magic in origin) can hurt Clark just as easily as they can hurt someone completely normal.

Umm, that's not even needed. Remember Diana's and Shining Knight's swords (which is magic in origin) can hurt Clark just as easily as they can hurt someone completely normal.

Plus, doesn't Mortal Kombat take place, essentially, in Hell, or dimensional Chinese hells, or something?

I'd imagine being in Hell would do a lot to stymie Superman's powers and narrow the strength gap.

So any guesses as to what the DC roster will be? I think the Mortal Kombat side is pretty obvious, but who would be DC? I just hope Deathstroke is in it.

So any guesses as to what the DC roster will be? I think the Mortal Kombat side is pretty obvious, but who would be DC? I just hope Deathstroke is in it.

Probably;

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Darkseid
Joker
a GL
Sinestro
Martian Manhunter
Black Canary (maybe)
Cheetah

My guess :

Batman
Green Lantern
Flash
Hawkman
Joker
Aquaman
Mr Freeze (as this would allow him to be close to Sub zero)
Superman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter

Edit : cool skotti we have a few of the same picks. I didn't your list as I typed mine I was looking up spelling ect :lol: but cool list

Last edited:
you know I have another thought about this. This game might be a fill in untill the REAL Mortal Kombat 8 kinda like Shaloin monks

Last edited:
Probably;

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Darkseid
Joker
a GL
Sinestro
Martian Manhunter
Black Canary (maybe)
Cheetah

My guess :

Batman
Green Lantern
Flash
Hawkman
Joker
Aquaman
Mr Freeze (as this would allow him to be close to Sub zero)
Superman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter

Edit : cool skotti we have a few of the same picks. I didn't your list as I typed mine I was looking up spelling ect :lol: but cool list

You've only got two villains there, Mole, they're both Batman villains and one of them's relatively insignificant. Skotti's list seems more likely.

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
Flash
Hawkman
Deathstroke
Martian Manhunter
Joker
Black Adam

20080423mortalkombat.png

God I love shortpacked.

I don't really like fighting games too much but I'll give this idea the benifit of the doubt. This could end up being the next Marvel vs. Capcom.

Aw who am I kidding? My gut tells me this game is going to suck.

something I made in about 15 minutes in Paint

MKDCU.jpg

the font is called Homoarkhan or something like that

Last edited:
posted by DGspiderfan: Aw who am I kidding? My gut tells me this game is going to suck.
you are right this game will suck 100% because ed boon lied to each and every single one of us. I hope this game does bomb and Ed Boon kicks himself because it was such a failure. as I have said before this is NOT MK 8 at all just some cheep side project!

Last edited:
Relax. Its a friggin' videogame. And its NOT MK8, as you keep saying, so whats the big deal? Its a side project/spin-off of the MK franchise, much like Shaolin Monks, and the crappy MK: Special Forces and MK: Mythologies - Sub-Zero games before it.

Basically, this is MK and DC's answer to the highly successful Marvel vs. Capcom game series. In fact, the first Mortal Kombat game itself was created in response to Capcom's Street Fighter II, so there's sort of a circular logic to it there. I like the idea actually. Personally, I think it'll be fun, and the fighting mechanics so far look pretty good (admittedly, we've only seen that one fight between Batman and Sub-Zero).

Its not MK8, so whatever Ed Boon said previously, relax. Sometimes things change. Eventually, I'm sure there will be an MK8 (they seem to release a new one every other year or so).

Guys this is MK8, the difference between the side games and the core games is that the side games where all adventure games, this is a core game, a fighting game, with blood (just not ludicrous amounts that really hinder the game in most cases), the only hitch in it's gitty-up is that the fatalities have been replaced by finishers which probably won't matter much if the gameplay is improved enough and it looks like they're on a good start from what we saw.

what Ed Boon said, has not been proven false, most likely we'll be getting exactly what he promise just with DC characters instead of actual new ones, which i actually like because besides a couple stand outs most of the new characters since MK2 have been pylons.

It's not even a big deal if this game is mediocre, since no one really expects MK games to be any good in the first place.

This is MK8, this could end up being very good for MK it could give it just the shot in the arm this series needs. just because Batman is in and fatalities are being toned down is no reason to spaz out

Guys this is MK8, the difference between the side games and the core games is that the side games where all adventure games, this is a core game, a fighting game, with blood (just not ludicrous amounts that really hinder the game in most cases), the only hitch in it's gitty-up is that the fatalities have been replaced by finishers which probably won't matter much if the gameplay is improved enough and it looks like they're on a good start from what we saw.

Just because its also a fighting game doesn't necessarily mean its not a side game.

I doubt very much any of the events of this game will ever be brought up in future MK games (I don't think we'll see flashback scenes or references showing Scorpion fighting Superman in the next MK game). This, to me, makes it a side game. Its outcome probably is not going to affect ANY of the future MK games, short of a MK vs. DC Universe 2. Whether this game is part of the MK canon (which is so screwed up anyway it doesn't really matter) remains to be seen, but like I said, its outcome won't affect future MK games.

This IS a side-game, and saying it IS MK8 doesn't make any sense, considering those factors.

Latest posts

Back