Mortal Kombat Vs. Detective Comics?

I'll agree on that (Teen titans cartoon that is as I don't like the comic) but the idea of killing a robin even if it was Dick who grows up to become my favourite dc character , is fun for me. :lol:

I hope Joker is in it and has a crowbar as a weapon. It's a death in a family all over again.

Batman Render

batman.jpg

It's a neat look, didn't expect the mostly grey suit to stick but whatever it still looks good

Batman Render

batman.jpg

It's a neat look, didn't expect the mostly grey suit to stick but whatever it still looks good

I like the grey suit however that looks weird to me , It looks more like a robotic suit or something which i'm not loving, But still I'm looking forward to this game

I like the grey suit however that looks weird to me , It looks more like a robotic suit or something which i'm not loving, But still I'm looking forward to this game

Apparently Midway was given specific instructions in not doing an all black suit like the ones they've had in the movies

but they still managed to make it look more like armour than spandex so thats a bonus, the only thing that bugs me is that the cape looks to small, Bat's generally looks better with more of a cloak thing going with his cape

but then I imagine that a cloak would be hard to manage in a fighting game

Apparently Midway was given specific instructions in not doing an all black suit like the ones they've had in the movies

but they still managed to make it look more like armour than spandex so thats a bonus, the only thing that bugs me is that the cape looks to small, Bat's generally looks better with more of a cloak thing going with his cape

but then I imagine that a cloak would be hard to manage in a fighting game

Yeah I prefer the grey but not the armour look.

Though with talk of DLC costumes I'm hoping grey non armour will be out at some point

Yeah I prefer the grey but not the armour look.

Though with talk of DLC costumes I'm hoping grey non armour will be out at some point

could very well happen, with so many great looks for batman over the years, it'd be foolish not to make as many as possible.....Superman not so much but still

I don't see many DLC costumes coming for the MK characters though, I mean they've more or less looked generally the same in most games, unless there is a really radical departure (Mongol Subby, Unmasked Subby, Shredder Subby, Flaming Skull Scorpion, Deception Scorpion, Zombie Liu Kang, Ghost Liu Kang, Dark Raiden, Minotaur Motaro, Lizard Reptile, MK4 Reptile, Human Smoke)

I'm just hoping for DLC Characters, 20-22 just feels like a really small roster to me, especially since they're splitting between the two universes.

I'm hoping for :

Nightwing : my favourite dc

Reptile in green sub zero/scorpion style costume : my favourite MK

Supergirl costume for Powergirl as they are the same person right?

Bizzaro superman costume or separate charracter (fits perfectlw with the mortal kombat pallet swap = new charracter , thing)

Stage concept art: The Netherrealm, Metropolis, Gotham Rooftop, Batcave

cds3.jpg

cds4.jpg

cds2.jpg

cds1.jpg

The Temple of the Lin Kuei, was also revealed in the Sub-Zero render, but there is no image of just the concept art yet

surprisingly detailed stuff, and I gotta say the Batcave looks fantastic

There should be a dinosaur, a giant penny, and a robin memorial in the batcave, but I approve nonetheless.

There should be a dinosaur, a giant penny, and a robin memorial in the batcave, but I approve nonetheless.

For real. I want to throw Raiden into a giant T-Rex's mouth. How cool would it be if Batman were able to trigger traps throughout the Batcave?

The Metropolis design is pretty awesome too. There's so much detail, and the idea of playing in a devastated Metropolis just makes my geek sense tingle, but, aside from the giant Daily Planet globe, it really could be any generic stretch of city.

Last edited:
Batman Render

batman.jpg

Initially I didn't like it. I don't think you should mix 'legendary, iconic, gray-suited Batman' with 'armoured, gritty, could-actually-happen Batman' but it still looks pretty cool.

It's a pity they weren't allowed to do a black suit, though. :(

cds1.jpg

The Temple of the Lin Kuei, was also revealed in the Sub-Zero render, but there is no image of just the concept art yet

surprisingly detailed stuff, and I gotta say the Batcave looks fantastic

Well now I've just gone and wet my pants.

I hope we get to see the 'Hall of Batmobiles' where cars are up on stands as far as the eye can see. That's probably the only thing I liked about Jim Lee's work on Batman.

Last edited:

It could be argued they're on the lower level. In all iterations I've seen, the T-Rex, Penny, and Robin suit are all on the lower, rock level. The concept art there is of the raised level where the Batmobile is parked, and the computers, etc are located.

Just cuz I love to nit-pick nit-pickers.

Sonya and Flash confrimed
scan10.jpg

scan2.jpg

scan5.jpg

scan1.jpg

scan4.jpg

scan6.jpg

scan9.jpg

scan11.jpg

scan8.jpg

scan7.jpg

nice to see some in-game screens

the DC characters look really plasticky but I suppose that's more a sympton of dressing head to toe in spandex than a problem with the graphics engine

Last edited:
Nice but blurry.

Whatever about anything else, this will be a very beautiful game. One cosmetic problem I have is Flash's weird arm bands. When did he get them?

Other than that, my only other problems are the inevitable: Flash's punches shouldn't hurt Superman, etc, etc. It'll still be a barrel of fun.

well those are scans from a recent issue of an Xbox magazine, so the blurriness is probably because of that

aparently when the Flash moves he has After-Images trailing him

So the roster as it stands is

DC:
Superman
Batman
Flash
Robin*
Wonder Woman*
Green Lantern*
Black Canary*
Hawkman*
Powergirl*
[Empty]
[Empty]**

MK:
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Sonya Blade
Kabal*
Raiden*
Jax*
Kitana*
[Empty]
[Empty]
[Empty]
[Empty]**

* - confirmed via non-official sources
** - dependant on wether or not there is 10 or 11 characters per side

They've said that there will be villains so I'd say it's a safe bet to put The Joker and either Lex Luthor or Darkseid in the last two DC slots, and probably Shang Tsung or Quan Chi and Shao Khan as the villain parallels

leaving two more slots in MK, I'd hope that Liu Kang and Kung Lao would get those slots, but I can't see Midway putting out an MK game with only two Ninjas, and plus they always try and work Johnny Cage into their games.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back