E

Excelsior Club
I picked up the Mythos: Spider-Man book today, went to post about it, and found out there is no Mythos thread...I could have sworn there was.

I really enjoy these books...I wish they would spin a whole universe out of these titles. They are better than the Ultimate books, and I think they could really keep things tight by doing event-orientated graphic novels. It could be fantastic.

(make them more adult-oriented also. Let the characters swear and do bad stuff; isn't Marvel pretty much based on the concept that heroes are just as big of screw-ups as regular people?)

I don't feel like recapping the X-Men, Hulk, and Ghost Rider Mythos, but they were all very good and I love the art in them.

Mythos: Spider-Man continues the tradition...there isn't even really anything special about it; it's just yet another retelling of Spider-Man's origins. There are a few new twists which were cool...Peter shares his Spider-Man earnings with his aunt and uncle, and the robber who kills Ben had seen the money and wanted it. Fits nicer than having it just be a random robbery, and adds another level of responsibility to Peter.

It also cuts out the wrestling bit, and it works well...in the scheme of things, that was always kind of pointless anyway.

The art is really what does it. Rivera does a good job capturing facial expressions, particularly with Peter as he discovers his abilities...

Anyone else reading these?

Yeah, there was a Mythos thread. Odd.

Anyways, no Mythos: Spider-Man yet. Something happened with Diamond and the comic shop is missing a lot of comics.

But the Mythos series does rock. 4 down, 4 to go. I don't know who's next. I forgot to ask Paolo at WWP. I know F4 is yet to come, so maybe it's them.

I bet the other four are Fantastic Four, Captain America, Iron Man and Daredevil. Calling it right now.

Since the thread seems to be missing, what were the ones still to come?

Ice, stop ignoring me. Man up and take some responsibility. Answer my question.

Ice, stop ignoring me. Man up and take some responsibility. Answer my question.
Sorry, I was busy. You know...with stuff. :shifty:

Not so R sKrull.

Anyways, as we've seen, F4 is next in October. The others I don't remember now.

Sorry, I was busy. You know...with stuff. :shifty:

Not so R sKrull.

Anyways, as we've seen, F4 is next in October. The others I don't remember now.

Look them up, lazy ***!

I finally got Hulk last Saturday.

It. Was. Great.

This is where Paul Jenkins truly shines with this work (IMO). I still have yet to read/get Ghost Rider, but damn, he does awesome work with all these Mytho books.

I finally got Hulk last Saturday.

It. Was. Great.

This is where Paul Jenkins truly shines with this work (IMO). I still have yet to read/get Ghost Rider, but damn, he does awesome work with all these Mytho books.

Glad you liked.

I saw that you posted in this thread and I was hoping it was news of another book.

But yes - get the Ghost Rider book; it's great.

Just got the FF issue today.

The only question I have is why isn't Paul Jenkins writing the movie origins of these characters? His stories have been perfect as a starting point. I mean they are truly amazing.

I still haven't read Ghost Rider which makes me sad.

I think the best part of this issue was when the 4 were standing in the window and then Reed tells Sue, "I may be a brilliant man, Susan... but even I can't predict the future." and then the whole F4 mytho characters were completely surrounding them.

That was simply beautiful. Truly GREAT art work by Paolo Rivera.

To be honest, I thought that should've been the ending panel. And I actually thought it was, too. The few scenes that happened after it was really good, especially the actual ending.

But to have had seen that panel from the Baxter Building would have been the icing on the cake.

I'm glad you bumped this, because I'm going to the comic store tomorrow and I think I might have forgotten Mythos: FF otherwise.

Finally got it (Mythos: Fantastic Four) and read it - it's very good. It's a nice take on the origin, and of course the art is phenomenal. Interestingly they completely removed Mole Man from the origin, and instead had them taken to the hospital after the accident, and their powers manifested there. Seemed to take a page or two out of the UFF origin. I would have dug seeing Rivera's take on Mole Man's monsters but it definitely worked.

I liked the little diagram on the last page on the makeup of the Baxter Building. Nice silver age homage.

Latest posts

Back