Namor's ankle wings

Lithium said:
personally, i would never compare Namor and the greek God Hermes, it would be the stupidest thing ever to have an underwater king with wings.

Thats what I've been saying. Why does a guy who lives at the bottom of the ocean need wings? Especially wings which by themselves really can't grant him flight due to their small size. And like I and Lithium said, whats a guy who lives in the water need to fly for anyway?

TheManWithoutFear said:
OK, Why the **** isn't this thread title changed or why isn't it closed?! Ultimate Namor won't have wings on his feet.... PERIOD!!! It was cool when they first created him...now it's not. Worst thread ever in the history of this site.
Someone needs to calm down.

And again, I didn't make the thread. It was split off.

TheManWithoutFear said:
OK, Why the **** isn't this thread title changed or why isn't it closed?! Ultimate Namor won't have wings on his feet.... PERIOD!!! It was cool when they first created him...now it's not. Worst thread ever in the history of this site.

Blame E, he's the one who broke it off into its own thread. ;)

And I'm pretty sure it isn't any worse than most of Lil Kis' questions with obvious answers threads.

DIrishB said:
Ehhh, maybe if you were a more imposing figure...but I get the sense the big talk is to cover for some type of shortcoming. OH, ZING!!!!! ;)

Okay we can all stop acting like two-year olds. Speaking of age, how old are you MWOF?

I split this off from another thread. I agree that this is one of the worst threads ever...which is why I didn't want it brnging down the thread it was in.

Hawkeye101 said:
Okay we can all stop acting like two-year olds. Speaking of age, how old are you MWOF?

That was another thing bringing that thread off topic. Stay on topic. Personal questions go in PMs. Or you could check the member intro thread and see if he mentioned it there.

UltimateE said:
I split this off from another thread. I agree that this is one of the worst threads ever...which is why I didn't want it brnging down the thread it was in.

That was another thing bringing that thread off topic. Stay on topic. Personal questions go in PMs. Or you could check the member intro thread and see if he mentioned it there.

Sorry. So . . . um, DOWN WITH ANKLE WINGS. I'd acctually like to see him have some fins or something.

Goodwikll said:
I think, if he's going to have wings, they should just put them on his shoes or boots or something. I like the idea of having wings on heels, but it would seem too silly for a guy in the UU.
Winged boots? It's a short road from that to Ultimate Rocket Racer.

As far as I know, the wings actually do let him fly to some extent. 616 Namor can sort of semi-fly with the wings, allowing low-altitude flights that lent him do a flying propelled punch while attacking someone. I have old Spider-Man issues that show that.

ourchair said:
Winged boots? It's a short road from that to Ultimate Rocket Racer.

As far as I know, the wings actually do let him fly to some extent. 616 Namor can sort of semi-fly with the wings, allowing low-altitude flights that lent him do a flying propelled punch while attacking someone. I have old Spider-Man issues that show that.

Ultimate Namor should just fly, no wings. He should have something that would represent that he lives in the water thoug, like ankle fins.

Hawkeye101 said:

Man, seriously, its all in good fun. We're only joking, no need to get an all high and mighty attitude. And most two-year olds wouldn't get that joke anyway.

Ultimate Namor should just fly, no wings. He should have something that would represent that he lives in the water thoug, like ankle fins.

I agree, if he flies at all. Personally I'd rather see him not be able to fly, just because, as I've said, it doesn't make sense for a being who is descended from a race of people who grew up in the ocean.

UltimateE said:

Or even his personal profile, it lists the birthdays, (assuming people actually filled it out).

TheManWithoutFear said:
* Nervously laughs* I..... *Puts head down and walks away*

Its ok MWoF, besides alcoholism, short-tempers, and a high carb diet, its just another curse the descendants of the Irish have to live with. ;)

ourchair said:

Yeah, we know he can fly, I was just arguing the validity of it due to their size (though arguing the validity of anything related to most comics is a moot point anyway, so...)

DIrishB said:
I agree, if he flies at all. Personally I'd rather see him not be able to fly, just because, as I've said, it doesn't make sense for a being who is descended from a race of people who grew up in the ocean.
But he's HALF descended. Don't forget he is HALF mutant, so that is his mutant power.

Hawkeye101 said:

I don't get this. Without turning this thread into another Ultimate Iron Man thread, why is it you think it would be OK for him to fly with no explanation (wings) when you think it needs to be explained why Tony Stark is so smart?

This is an honest question and I really am curious - not trying to bust your balls.

Well, since (in 616) Namor is a mutant (not half, dont know even why I put that up, lol) that was his ability. To fly, but with the ankle wings. Here, he could just fly without them.

I hope that was the answer you were looking for. If not, sorry.

icemastertron said:
Well, since (in 616) Namor is a mutant (not half, dont know even why I put that up, lol) that was his ability. To fly, but with the ankle wings. Here, he could just fly without them.

Works for me. Like I said, since he's aquatic-based, I'd rather see him not able to fly in the Ultimate version, and NO ankle wings whatsoever.

UltimateE said:
I don't get this. Without turning this thread into another Ultimate Iron Man thread, why is it you think it would be OK for him to fly with no explanation (wings) when you think it needs to be explained why Tony Stark is so smart?

This is an honest question and I really am curious - not trying to bust your balls.

Careful, he might go into a long diatribe about the real world aspects of evolution and DNA and try to actually explain how little ankle wings could make someone fly...and that we probably have the genetics for it. ;)

icemastertron said:

It wasn't. Whether it's a mutant ability or not, if someone thinks there needs to be an explanation for an ability like a large brain for increased intelligence, why would it be OK to be able to fly - whether it's a mutant ability or not - without wings?

Latest posts

Back