New Ant-Man series

McCheese said:
I like the new look.

And I'm actually really looking forward to this. A guy gets superpowers and decides to forget all the hero/villain stuff and look out for number 1. Finally someone I can relate to. First issue he steals the suit. Second issue he tries to steal his friend's girlfriend. Sounds great.

Sounds like Booster Gold...

Take THAT, Nurhachi!

Suit design B is ten time better than the one they are going with.

Still, if Kirkman writes it, I'll buy it. Unless it sucks like Marvel Teamup. Then I'll stop buying it.

B looked cool, but I like the final better. Those two legs and tons of gadgets are going to be cool. Besides I like the spiderman-ish mask that shows emotion with antennae(sp?) instead of the dreaded mask squinting.

E should be ecstatic about this.

Ultimate MJ said:

Still, if Kirkman writes it, I'll buy it. Unless it sucks like Marvel Teamup. Then I'll stop buying it.

Marvel Team-Up rocks.

Speaking of Kirkman, I just got addicted to Invincible today; I got the Ultimate Collection V.1 (#1-13).

ultimatedjf said:
Marvel Team-Up rocks.

Speaking of Kirkman, I just got addicted to Invincible today; I got the Ultimate Collection V.1 (#1-13).
Its so very good, isn't it? It only gets better with the second HC.

UltiamteMJ said:

You sir, are very wrong. The design they're using is great. Less spandex and more gizmos should fit perfectly with a shield agent using a tech hero suit.

Preview of the first issue can be found HERE

Well, the art is beautiful, but thats to be expected. So far the dialogue is more along the lines of Invinicble, wich is a very good thing. I'm relly looking forward to this.

Mmm.. Looks ok. Didn't like the art much, and the dialogue wasn't great (I dont really get the invincible comparison). I'm sure the whole issue will be better.

That Astonishing preview was bizarre.

Ultimate MJ said:
Mmm.. Looks ok. Didn't like the art much, and the dialogue wasn't great (I dont really get the invincible comparison). I'm sure the whole issue will be better.

That Astonishing preview was bizarre.
People actualy talking to eachother instead of the move the plot dialogue Kirkman seems to have used in some of his other Marvel U books.

And the art is amazing and you're just wrong for not liking it. :noway: :D

Last edited:
Baxter said:
People actualy talking to eachother instead of the move the plot dialogue Kirkman seems to have used in some of his other Marvel U books.

And the art is amazing and you're just wrong for not liking it. :noway: :D
I concur.

Disagreeing with me makes you instantly wrong. That is scientific fact.

I'm right, your wrong! (happy Houde?). I stopped buying Kirkmans other marvel books (except for UXM, where people talk to each other...), but I guess the character interaction is a lot more like his image stuff. Hard to tell based purely on a poker game though.

I think its the colorist I don't like. Not quite superhero enough, but also not quite dark enough.

Last edited:
Umm.. I do read invincible. Which is why I questioned the comparison.

Invincible is definetly leagues above MTU, but Im still pretty happy with UXM.

But the old Ant-man was in the Avengers.

And someone mistakenly put it here a long time ago. And now you must deal with it's possible future awesomeness in this forum.

Last edited:
Alright so this is two weeks in a row that I went to my LCS and the guy said he hasn't gotten any copies of Irredeemable Ant-man in. He put in the order, but they haven't showed up. This happen to anyone else or am I getting boned because I'm in the *** end of nowhere?

It's actually pretty good. It's like the only thing from Kirkman that I liked.

If he keeps this up I might go back and re-read Invincible.

Ant-Man feels like it can be a fresh breath.

Reminds me of the '70 '80 of marvel. Where editors talked even more than Spider-Man.

Cool to have a 3rd hero that talks tooooo much. And it's even better that it's not a good guy :) I am really looking forward to Ant-Man , especially after reading #1. So much potential.

Latest posts

Back