New Ant-Man series

Issue 6 was a fine wrap-up to the first arc. My only major quibble is that they reused an entire page from the first issue to fill up the 23 pages. Next issue looks to be good.

Issue: 4/5

Arc: 4.5/5

:rockon:

Good wrap up to the first arc. I also wasn't a huge fan of reprinting that whole page, but at least it helped wrap everything together and give the arc a sense of closure. How Mitch got his face ****ed up was good, if a bit predictable. I'm interested in what happened to Veronica. I loved the last two pages and can't wait to see Eric living with Carol.

4/5 - Good stuff. Excited for the future.

Yes, this is one of my favorite comics now. I love how the Marvel Universe is going on in the background of the story, and it's peripherally tied into Enemey of the State and now Mighty Avengers. Kirkman is great at that kind of thing.

And honestly, except for his brush off of Veronica after getting some, Eric hasn't been that unlikable a character.

Yes, this is one of my favorite comics now. I love how the Marvel Universe is going on in the background of the story, and it's peripherally tied into Enemey of the State and now Mighty Avengers. Kirkman is great at that kind of thing.

And honestly, except for his brush off of Veronica after getting some, Eric hasn't been that unlikable a character.
I'll remember you said that when I'm doing your girlfriend on top of your grave.:wink:

I agree though, after everything he's done I still like the character. That's good writing on Kirkman's part. Plus I can't say I wouldn't do most of the stuff he does with that suit. Which makes me like me less, but not so much Eric.

I'll remember you said that when I'm doing your girlfriend on top of your grave.:wink:

I agree though, after everything he's done I still like the character. That's good writing on Kirkman's part. Plus I can't say I wouldn't do most of the stuff he does with that suit. Which makes me like me less, but not so much Eric.

Well, doing her on his grave wouldn't be so bad if he had stayed with her. Like I say, that really sucks on his part.

But I totally be spying on chicks in the shower too.

My favorite scene is still when he Ant-punches a hole in the guy's neck in issue 3 or 4.

Hey everyone, and a nice to see you again to those who remember me.

Kind of bored so I decided to post about one of the current best series out there. Ah, Kirkman rocks. This series has been really good, and I've been surprised with what they've been allowed to get away with as well. Most of the shrinking super hero series don't last a super long time, so I wonder which will putter out first, this or the Atom.

But, with the amount of story in this, i can't see it failing anytime soon. It's just too well written and interesting. Kirkman is good at keeping the story flowing, even if there's no crazy super villains or anything going on. Although I would like to see him fight a villain at some point. Does Black Fox count?

Eric is such a dirty, perverted creep. Why would anyone like his character? In reality, he would be put in jail and people would like, throw tomatos at him or something. I enjoy his character though. What's that say about me?

I shall end this now.

Hey everyone, and a nice to see you again to those who remember me.

Kind of bored so I decided to post about one of the current best series out there. Ah, Kirkman rocks. This series has been really good, and I've been surprised with what they've been allowed to get away with as well. Most of the shrinking super hero series don't last a super long time, so I wonder which will putter out first, this or the Atom.

But, with the amount of story in this, i can't see it failing anytime soon. It's just too well written and interesting. Kirkman is good at keeping the story flowing, even if there's no crazy super villains or anything going on. Although I would like to see him fight a villain at some point. Does Black Fox count?

Eric is such a dirty, perverted creep. Why would anyone like his character? In reality, he would be put in jail and people would like, throw tomatos at him or something. I enjoy his character though. What's that say about me?

I shall end this now.
It says you are an intelligent fan because this series is gold.

I don't come here often enough to say it, but everyone should be reading this book.

I'm reading it. At least until issue 12. When it will probably be cancelled because it's Marvel's lowest-selling book.

And don't poo poo the Atom. That's a good book too.

This is selling worse than moon knight? ... and all those lame kiddie stories. I'll admit I haven't read it...but it's Kirkman....he's real good

EDIT: And there's the ant-man film in production...I suppose Marvel might be thinking about bringing THE ant man comic inline with that.

Last edited:
Moon Knight isn't a bad seller at all.

Marvel's three worst selling titles are Ant-Man, Blade and Heroes For Hire.

Two of which I love. :cry:

This series is still great, but, like I said in another thread, there's no longer 3 issues worth of story in each issue. That said, I thought #9 (which was only 20 frakkin' pages!) was [HarryOsborn] Sooo good. [HarryOsborn]

4/5

Yes, it is very good. Also, Eric is pretty justified in his anger this time, though I think he'll puss out later.

I'll probably drop wih 12 as a cost-saving measure, however, since I don't see the book lasting much beyond anyway. Hope it proves me wrong though.

CANCELLED

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

first NEXTWAVE

then BLADE

now ANT-MAN!!

im going to go kill something

It wouldn't bother me as much -- except for the fact that ****ing Joe Quesada explicitly said a week or two ago that this was in no danger of cancellation!!! I mean What The ****?!

Damn.

Why is it that only the good die young? Why this? They probably had to get rid of this to make room for a Skrull-Elektra solo series or a third Bendis written Avengers title or something equally ridiculous.

Now I'm depressed.:cry:

Last edited:
He didn't specifically say it was safe from cancellation. I forget what he said exactly, but he actually just evaded the question.

I like the book, but as a Blade fan it's sweet justice to see it go. If a book selling lower than Blade was allowed to exist it just wouldn't be fair.

Latest posts

Back