New Ant-Man series

The world's first "bad" super-hero...that's kind of an oxymoron, isn't it?

...I hated it. I don't know why, but the main character...ugh
I'm not even going to bother with the second issue.

I'm with Quick on this one... I d/led this issue to decide if I was gonna buy it, and the answer is a firm no. This was nowhere near as good as Kirkmans other stuff (except MTU..that was no good).

I can't believe this series is causing VVD to reconsider Kirkman....Battle Pope, MZ, TWD, and Invincible are all leagues above this.

Issue #2 was really good too. The Details: Looks like there won't be two Ant-mans. I did not see the end to that possible storyline coming the way it did. Eric is a total dick, he does in fact use his best friends disappearence (for which he is partially responsible) to try and steal his girl in the flashback. And in the present he pretends to have lost his wallet to get the girl he rescued earlier to pay for dinner. Also in the present somehow Mitch is terribly scarred, he blames Eric for it, and is hunting him down.

4/5 - A really good start. Eric is a duplicitous little ****.

Oh and we also discovered that Nick Fury is real. Good times.

Ant man came out this week?

Holy crap, with TWD and Incvincible, its like Kirkmania!! (sorry if that pun has already been used!)

Hey, how come this thread is in the New Avengers section?

There's no way to transfer it to the Marvel Comics section. Right, mods?
We've been over this before.
Btw, why is this topic in the New Avengers forum? As far as I know, the new Ant-Man has nothing to do with the NA.

But the old Ant-man was in the Avengers.

And someone mistakenly put it here a long time ago. And now you must deal with it's possible future awesomeness in this forum.
Although that possible future awesomeness is now confirmed current awesomeness.

Hey, it's been switched.

The latest issue was great Kirkman. Racing the ants, especially, seems like a thing he would write. I'm surprised with the amount of female skin they've been able to get away with for a T+ book. I had been reading this with my little brother until I read issue 3 and decided it was too soon to read with him (he's ten). There was a good mix of pages that had big panels with few words and pages that had small panels and tons of words. I like getting my $3 worth, but sometimes, as with issue 1, the dialogue is everywhere, and it gets, well, not overwhelming, but - well, yeah, for a comic, I guess you could say overwhelming.

I am very much looking forward to the showdown that will be taking place over the next two issues, and hopefully, one of my letters will make it into the next "Irredeema-Mail" column.

4.5/5

On the next Ant-Man...

ANTMAN007_DC_t.jpg

antman_007_004-005inks.jpg

antman_007_010-011inks.jpg

antman_007_012inks.jpg

antman_007_016inks.jpg

antman_007_020inks.jpg

That looks really fun. Maybe I'll have to pick this up again.

That looks really fun. Maybe I'll have to pick this up again.

Yeah. Him stalking Carol in ant-size is pretty funny.

I read upto issue 3 or 4....but it was really hard for me to read it when the guy was a basic dick. So I dropped it. Maybe I should pick it up again.

Latest posts

Back