Avengers New Avengers: Dark Reign (#48+) (Spoilers)

Is this in the right thread?

Re: Search for the New Sorcerer Supreme

Wow...just read through the last few posts and lots of hate.

Not that i don't get it...Bendis is soooo weak, and even the characters he used to write well aren't written well anymore. And Captain Bucky...Bendis is terrible with him. Is he even reading Brubaker's Captain America?!

That said, the guts of the story were pretty good. The art was great - even Bachalo, whom I normally can't stand.

so i caved and bought all the issues of New Avengers since I dropped the title (including the annual and the list:avengers).

I have to admit that I love this book so much. I know it's not written particularly well, but i can't help it, it's so much fun!

Clint: If you could go back in time and kill Hitler, would you?
Bucky: I did.
Clint: You did what?
Bucky: I killed Hitler...what were you talking about?

hahahaha!

That was perfect, even if Bucky didn't kill Hitler in the Captain America continuity, I don't care - that page made me laugh so much!

I just read #64 and Bendis's writing of The Hood is so laughably bad that I'm considering not reading this anymore until Hood is out of the book.

When Bendis is good he's really good, but when he's bad...

I just read #64 and Bendis's writing of The Hood is so laughably bad that I'm considering not reading this anymore until Hood is out of the book.

When Bendis is good he's really good, but when he's bad...

oh, i think i know this one.

When Bendis is good he's really good, but when he's bad...secret invasion!

so i caved and bought all the issues of New Avengers since I dropped the title (including the annual and the list:avengers).

I have to admit that I love this book so much. I know it's not written particularly well, but i can't help it, it's so much fun!

Clint: If you could go back in time and kill Hitler, would you?
Bucky: I did.
Clint: You did what?
Bucky: I killed Hitler...what were you talking about?

hahahaha!

That was perfect, even if Bucky didn't kill Hitler in the Captain America continuity, I don't care - that page made me laugh so much!

I think that was a reference to the fact that, in Marvel continuity, Hitler came back as a super villain.

srsly.

The New Avengers Finale was a satisfying finish to Bendis' New Avengers run... until the new #1.

It was definitely better than Siege and Dark Avengers though.

I liked Ms. Marvel's line about how people always forget about her energy absorbing powers, and I liked how Bendis had Wolverine deal with Count Nefaria, since it was Nefaria's fault that Thunderbird died all those years ago.

Latest posts

Back