Avengers New Avengers: Dark Reign (#48+) (Spoilers)

I don't think I've read anything by him. I'd like to see Gabriel Ba or Fabio Moon take a stab at art.
yeah with th mystic stuff you really need the right art and ......sorry Billy Tan isn't it...even with Chris Bachalo lending a helping hand (it doesn't hurt but still)

oh me too, can't wait to have the hood become the new sorceror supreme :roll:

Dormamu would love nothing more than to have his guy as the Sorceror Supreme that's for sure.

I'm wondering when Marvel's going to get their **** together and realize they need to hire a lazy, unpublished and inexperienced stoner they don't know from a random comic book forum to revitalize a whole family of franchise characters for them. And pay up front. In cash.

Seriously though. I'd rock the faces off of Marvel's mystic characters.

Last edited:
Just read #50, not bad I liked Clint's speech at the end. My biggest complaint is how Aja is the only one who seems to remember that Iron Fist has a new costume.

Just read #50, not bad I liked Clint's speech at the end. My biggest complaint is how Aja is the only one who seems to remember that Iron Fist has a new costume.

I know right?

didn't Yu have him running around in his ballerina slippers for most of his run too?

Hoods new demon form took a Dormmamu like form this time around.

Hoods new demon form took a Dormmamu like form this time around.

Hood still sucks when it comes to tactics. Doctor Demonicus is a mad scientist, why did Hood put him on the field, no one with any sense of tactics would put a scientist on as battle field, you have them do work off field.

Hood doesn't come off as being smart here.

He has hover boots, and a Hood that turns invisible as long as he's holding his breath

Bendis confused this with "can turn into a big *** flaming demon"

It's a common mistake

i remember dr strange hinting that he knew how the hood got the power, but it was never elaborated upon again?

i keep pronouncing hood as houde in my head. I can't get it out!

It's the Hood. It's a demonic talisman that gives him mystical boons and such. It belongs to same arch-demon or something and in BKV's run it would allow him to turn invisible (along with boots that left him float). But I think Vaughan hinted at the idea that the Hood was capable of significantly more than that.

Which is a shame. He could have been a really cool character. Hopefully Jeff Parker will give him the proper respect. I dig Jeff Parker.

hey did anyone pick up Dark Reign New Nation Files, a comic which acts as a database for various super villains and their potential usefulness to the Dark reign Cabal?

Dormmamu chats with The Hood, tells him he has to get Dr. Strange if he wants to be the new Sorcerer Supreme. Meanwhile, Dr. Strange meets Billy (that Thor kid from Young Avengers) and chats with him - he wants to train him to be the new Sorcerer Supreme... and then The Hood turns up. Back to New Avengers hideout, they elect a new leader - Clint, but they also want to know who Spider-Man is. He reluctantly unmasks and Jessica Jones reveals she went to school with Peter and had a massive crush on him. Peter knew her only as coma girl. She storms out. The group are interrupted by Dr. Strange, who collapses on their floor. He needs their help.

It was okay but I found the Tan/Bachalo art changes jarring. And sometimes New Avengers feels like a sitcom.

Also, take this OMD!

Last edited:
I gotta give it up too Bendis, The Spider-Man bit made me very happy. OMD was a boondoggle, and atleast New Avengers is going to be able to move on.

Also I don't know why but I'm still very rampant about Ian McNee being the new SS, if being the new SS is determined by who has the strongest magic. You'd think the guy with the Ebon Rose, the Darkhold, the Bone Sword, the Serpent Crown and the First Tarot in his bag of tricks would be a serious contender.

Plus he's an awesome visual
108808-133911-ian-mcnee_super.jpg

John Constantine should be the new Sorcerer Supreme.

Latest posts

Back