Avengers New Avengers discussion (#1-20; spoilers)

icemastertron said:
You may not like Logan, but you have to admit Iron Man's right.

Fine I admit it, but if Logan completes the new team. Why is the Sentry and the mystery member joining?

Irish_4204 said:
Fine I admit it, but if Logan completes the new team. Why is the Sentry and the mystery member joining?
Well, it's not like they're not gona accept or help out others in the time of need for all...

Johnny Bravo said:
Speaking of Crisis,the Countdown mini's didn't do phenomenally
Crisis just seems way to confusing. For me at least. A gosh-dang year long crossover? No thanks.
Irish_4204 said:
I still can't think of any reasons why the mutates wanted Sauron back so badly...
Are you kidding? Dude's totally hot. And a dinosaur. If you had a friend like that, wouldn't you save him?
(Late as hell, I know, but I just reread it)

New Avengers #7 Discussion (Spoilers)

Little happened in this issue if you think about it.

Tony informed the secret council about The New Avengers. I found the dialogue to be a little weak for some reason especially on Xavier's part. He then ends it by asking if anyone knows about The Sentry. It was a weak meeting (IMO) of the world's greatest. Good concept though.

The rest of the Avengers battle "The Wrecker". Standard fight between members of the team minus Sentry, Capt, and IM and a villain. Somehow they can't handle him and get the crap kicked out of them.

Cut to Nevada. Agent Hill of SHIELD directs Tony and Captain A. to a cave where they find The Sentry cowaring in a corner talking like a mad man. "He's coming" gives a small general speech about The Void. The interesting thing is Iron Man brings his wife in and it turns out she's not really dead. But why does he think he/The Void killed her? The other guest...

Paul Jenkins.... Now when I read this I was like "woah" for 5 seconds and then I thought to myself... "Are they really going to pull this crap on me".

Bendis is blowing it with what could be the most interesting character in comics history.

Well, Bendis is keeping the Sentry as an ongoing character, so I doubt hes's going to unravel him completely. I read a theory somewhere that the Sentry's status as "fictional" might be a safeguard built in by Dr Strange or some such, in case someone comes close to remembering him.

Dont Look!!

na720spoiler.jpg

The art in this issue is some of the best art I've ever seen. Every panel had me going "this art is amazing!" in some form or another. But the appearance of Jenkins............ oy. That stinks, but since the art blew me away COMPLETELY, I have to only take a half a grade off for the ending. A-/B+

Question: how is Iron Man going around when Tony is standing around those panels? Actually, is that the interior of his suit? Cuz that's the only explanation I can think of.

Holy ********* crap!!!!!

Loved the issue. The fight scene with Wrecker was soo funny. Im loving Bendis in this arc. Really. really cool. When I saw Spidey being hit in the air, I quickly thought, "TEAM ROCKETS BLASTING AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIN....". :lol:

But THE best part in the issue was the last page. Awesomeness. I think that what happened there can be really cool, if Bendis can pull it off right. If not, Im flying to Portland, Oregon and paying him a little visit.

COME ON PART 2 AND 3 IN AGAUST!!!! :rockon:

Oh, forgot to ask this:

What if The Void is somehow already messing with Sentry, and the last scene in the issue isn't really real? That'd make some sense, no?

icemastertron said:
Oh, forgot to ask this:

What if The Void is somehow already messing with Sentry, and the last scene in the issue isn't really real? That'd make some sense, no?

*COUGH*loki*COUGH*

I think he was meaning that it's very similar to Loki.

C'mon - you guys should know better than to take that at face value. It's a Bendis curveball, and you guys just swung and missed. :D

Well, Bendis is keeping the Sentry as an ongoing character, so I doubt hes's going to unravel him completely. I read a theory somewhere that the Sentry's status as "fictional" might be a safeguard built in by Dr Strange or some such, in case someone comes close to remembering him.

That sounds perfect. :D

I LOVED the issue. I really enjoyed the fight with The Wrecker. Of course they're going to have trouble with him if he's been able to take down Thor in the past! The fight was well done by both Bendis and McNiven, and if they draw it out so that they are fighting one of the escaped guys per issue for the next 46...er...45 issues, that's fine by me.

I'm very excited for this arc - I love Sentry and I love what's being done with him. This issue gets a solid A.

Latest posts

Back