Avengers New Avengers: Illuminati Series Discussion (Spoilers)

So did no one else read Illuminati #5?!

It starts with Tony having the body, and having summoned the rest of the Illuminati. Strange shows up first in astral form, then the rest. Just as they are planning what to do, Black Bolt reveals himself to be a Skrull!

2 or 3 more Skrulls show up and they are attacked...Tony takes care of them, but they realize that the whole point is to turn the 5 of them against each other, and they walk away...

The ending sucked but it set up Secret Invasion pretty well.

3/5

Yeah, I read it, I just can't really remember what happened. It wasn't exactly memorable.

Also, the other Skrulls that showed up were in the likeness of Thor and Colossus... does that mean those two are/were Skrulls?

I have a strong feeling Nor-Var will come into play during the invasion process as a big protagonist. I may be wrong but why else bring him into the limelight during civil and illuminati? maybe even the gems will play their part in all this or some other event.

Yeah, I read it, I just can't really remember what happened. It wasn't exactly memorable.

Also, the other Skrulls that showed up were in the likeness of Thor and Colossus... does that mean those two are/were Skrulls?
no those were just War-Skrulls, that had their powers

I have a strong feeling Nor-Var will come into play during the invasion process as a big protagonist. I may be wrong but why else bring him into the limelight during civil and illuminati? maybe even the gems will play their part in all this or some other event.
i hope Noh-Varr just gets used at all

It was meh.

Just when I thought Bendis had forgotten about the whole invasion thing.....I get a whole issue devoted to more Skrullery.

The BlackBolt reveal was awesome. And Cheung's layous were great. But overall it was meh.

I'm confused as to how this revelation fits in with the Inhuman miniseries. Did the skrull replacing Black Bolt take advantage of the real Black Bolt's imprisonment? If that was a skrull who lost to Maximus, did it have Maximus's brain virus thing inside of it?

I think this was brought up on another thread, but if I recall correctly it was answered with "Who cares? Nobody read that miniseries" and I'd like a better answer than that.

Would it make sense if Maximus was also replaced by a skrull and they used the same method to trick Luna that they did to trick Xavier, and they just took advantage of the plans Maximus had already set into motion?

I'm confused as to how this revelation fits in with the Inhuman miniseries. Did the skrull replacing Black Bolt take advantage of the real Black Bolt's imprisonment? If that was a skrull who lost to Maximus, did it have Maximus's brain virus thing inside of it?

I think this was brought up on another thread, but if I recall correctly it was answered with "Who cares? Nobody read that miniseries" and I'd like a better answer than that.

Would it make sense if Maximus was also replaced by a skrull and they used the same method to trick Luna that they did to trick Xavier, and they just took advantage of the plans Maximus had already set into motion?

Inhumans has been on my "to do" list and I never get around to it. What were the events of Black Bolt's imprisonment? Is it conceivable that he could have been replaced in the context of that story?

Inhumans has been on my "to do" list and I never get around to it. What were the events of Black Bolt's imprisonment? Is it conceivable that he could have been replaced in the context of that story?

Possible. And I see hints that it could not of been him the entire story.

With Medusa misreading his wishes.

Latest posts

Back