Avengers New Avengers: Revolution discussion (#26-31; spoilers)

Re: New Avengers #26 discussion (spoilers)

Well that was a bit... disappointing.

It wasn't bad as such but I expected..... more, with a lack of a better word.

Truth. And someone pointed out that Maleev's coloring lacked too which I agree with. I mean it was cool seeing the characters but... "Then what?"

And what was behind that damn door?

I think it lead outside because in the next panel he's standing just out of the house and an open door.

Dude... seriousli... no way.

They're not gonna draw so much attention to the door just to have it lead outside. There's chaos music around Clint's hand as he opens it... and after he deals with the door isn't there a panel where he's backtracking through the bedroom.

I doubt it's *just* outside.

Yeah, I just looked at it and its "just outside". I think the point was him maybe realizing what is happening, and if he should stay or go. Because on the last page the way he is drawn shows him reaching for the door, then looking back and hesitating, then the next panel he's outside.

EDIT: Or did you mean when he's remembering what Wanda said about her "aunt", and what Doctor Strange said? If so, my bad. I thought you meant the last page.

Last edited:

My review:

Definitely a let-down, as I expected more answers and information. I'm not unaware of the irony of that, having had Dr. Strange hammer in the point that neither Clint - nor, by extension, the readers - would get much of an answer.

First, the good: the Maleev art. Lovely, emotive, very expressive. Interesting cool, muted color tones, with Wanda's burning reds the sole exception. Strange's Sactum looks suitably stately and serious (though Strange himself looks more like something out of Chekhov, say Uncle Vanya) and the closed double doors to "Aunt Agatha's" room look pretty foreboding.

The rest, though - I can't really give an opinion of the story, because it's so obviously "to be continued." There are some elements I liked - Hawkeye talking about the friend he'd lost - but equally some I don't like - Hawkeye talking about wanting "closure" like he's been visiting a therapist recently. Equally, Hawkeye sleeping with the clearly still insane Wanda was odd. I'm sure it pleases the Wizard "d-u-u-u-u-u-de, I'd so totally tap that" crowd, but it seems as though it's taking advantage of Wanda's diminished capacity and hence on the reprehensible side.

Also, what IS happening at the end? I gather Hawkeye does not open the door, and thought that was a hint of Wanda's signature chaos magic swirling around on his hand from touching the knob. But is he leaving or staying? In Disassembled, Bendis used Hawkeye as the mouthpiece for describing how the Avengers never really solved their own problems - so what is he having the character do here? Stay and try to solve the problem (which would be touching, because it's way beyond him) or cut and run? Do we really have to wait months to find out?

Clint looked like Ultimate Hawkeye and I think he's now officially screwed every female Avenger.

And maybe Hercules.

Yup, he certainly looked like Ultimate Hawkeye(maybe because of crappy art),
Dunno why but I'm glad Hawkeye is back, I totally felt like he was the greatest loss of 616 in House of M.

This is a so/so issue, eventhough critical stuff happens (hawkeye returns, scarlet witch returns) it is not that interesting.

I give 3/5 just because of the return of Hawkeye.

Dunno why but I'm glad Hawkeye is back, I totally felt like he was the greatest loss of 616 in House of M.

This is a so/so issue, eventhough critical stuff happens (hawkeye returns, scarlet witch returns) it is not that interesting.

I give 3/5 just because of the return of Hawkeye.

* stones you *

Maleev is not crappy; he's one of the best artists working in comics today.

i really liked this issue, in my opinion this may have been the best thing Bendis has written this year....ok that's not saying much but this was still really good. too bad they kind of just left the story where it was, i hope they touch on it again in the future. and Maleev's art was fantastic.

4.75/5

First post in a long time. I got lost in the art. Good thing though. I felt the issue needed a bit more dialogue or at least some monologue on hawkeyes' part. I love the way it leaves everything unanswered. This is good bendis writing IMO. because when they make a reappearance, it gonna be big....I hope. I also can't wait to see how billy and Tommy react when she returns and if they'll ever confront her. I like how he goes to Strange first too. I give it 3.5/5 Art was awesome and it's convincing me more and more to get DD in tpb. Mdub, please don't hate me.

I'm not sure what why Clint didn't open the door at the end, but it's got to have to do with Wanda's memory. I was surprised to read that Dr. Strange knew Clint was back. I guess we all knew after Decimation, but he went to Strange.

I read this the other day, and kind of zipped through it. Which was a mistake, because at the end I had no idea what was going on.

I re-read it just now.

****ing beautiful. Seriously.

I can't believe this is the same guy writing USM. Just can't believe it.

I'm thinking that Clint is going to stay with her...maybe he's just had enough. All of the stuff he was going through when Disassembled happened, House of M, coming back...maybe he's just done with it all. Maybe it's time for him to get away from it all.

And I'm thinking that the chaos magic thingee around his hand could be one of a few things...maybe Wanda is unconsciously using her power to make him stay, because that's what she wants. It seemed obvious that we were supposed to believe she took her own powers away as well as her memories...maybe it didn't work. Maybe she doesn't know it.

Or maybe she does...!

Either way, this didn't need to have answers. Situations like this...I dunno, sometimes problems and people dealing with them are too big to settle in an issue.

5/5, and I think this was even better than the Cage and Jess Civil War issues.

I like what Bendis did with the issue, but it's not New Avengers. It's Hawkeye. It should be a mini about Hawkeye trying to make sense of what is going on. Not an issue of New Avengers.

Beautiful Maleev art. I love it.

And I don't think the door led outside. If anything, it's the door to open Wanda's true self, or something mentally spiritual like that.

I read this the other day, and kind of zipped through it. Which was a mistake, because at the end I had no idea what was going on.

I re-read it just now.

****ing beautiful. Seriously.

I can't believe this is the same guy writing USM. Just can't believe it.

I'm thinking that Clint is going to stay with her...maybe he's just had enough. All of the stuff he was going through when Disassembled happened, House of M, coming back...maybe he's just done with it all. Maybe it's time for him to get away from it all.

And I'm thinking that the chaos magic thingee around his hand could be one of a few things...maybe Wanda is unconsciously using her power to make him stay, because that's what she wants. It seemed obvious that we were supposed to believe she took her own powers away as well as her memories...maybe it didn't work. Maybe she doesn't know it.

Or maybe she does...!

Either way, this didn't need to have answers. Situations like this...I dunno, sometimes problems and people dealing with them are too big to settle in an issue.

5/5, and I think this was even better than the Cage and Jess Civil War issues.

Wow...

I like what Bendis did with the issue, but it's not New Avengers. It's Hawkeye. It should be a mini about Hawkeye trying to make sense of what is going on. Not an issue of New Avengers.

Yeah, I can see that. I don't have a problem with it; I know neither of them are Avengers at this point but it didn't not make sense to tell the story here in this book.

I'm glad it wasn't a mini. I like a story like this...just kind of a break from all of the "events". If they would have drawn it out it would have ruined it.

Personally I think it would be great if they left the story exactly how it is and we never heard from either of them ever again.

...what?

Latest posts

Back