Avengers New Avengers: Revolution discussion (#26-31; spoilers)

Re: New Avengers #26 discussion (spoilers)

I really gotta read this again. At the end i was like huh???

I had no idea what was going on. Needed more dialog

New Avengers #27

Vame out this week so i though i should make a thread.

I enjoyed it IMO

Though i dont think Ronin is Hawkeye...i mean does clint say ''yo'' often?

Re: New Avengers discussion (#26+; spoilers)

Teh Awesome...

So Ronin/Echo sends Matt and email saying "if you ever get this I'm A) Dead or B) Seriously ****ed...

Echo has delved far enough into the underworld of Japan to uncover all of the dirty secrets but the avengers have fallen apart due to Civil War. She fights it herself but runs into The Hand and Elektra and there is a wonderful fight where Ronin loses...

Then we begin to see Echo's story go from Taskmaster mimic to Elektra mimic. She dies and Elektra saves her and brings her back to life. Then they begin to corrupt her with their mysticisms.

Until the New New Avengers come and save the day (sent by Matt Murdock). Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Wolverine, Spider-Woman, and Ronin. It's the New Avengers vs. The Hand. They rescue Echo but Elektra has the final word and orders her army not to let them leave Japan.

4.5/5

Yeah. Short summary but there was a lot of fighting and "someone save me" dialogue... and funny dialogue during the NA/Hand fight.

So good...

Ronin Clues: Says "Yo" a lot. Apparently not Matt Murdock (Echo looks up at him/her and says, "Matt...?" Ronin responds, "Not Exactly.", Martial Arts/sword skills.

Last edited:

Teh Awesome...

So Ronin/Echo sends Matt and email saying "if you ever get this I'm A) Dead or B) Seriously ****ed...

Echo has delved far enough into the underworld of Japan to uncover all of the dirty secrets but the avengers have fallen apart due to Civil War. She fights it herself but runs into The Hand and Elektra and there is a wonderful fight where Ronin loses...

Then we begin to see Echo's story go from Taskmaster mimic to Elektra mimic. She dies and Elektra saves her and brings her back to life. Then they begin to corrupt her with their mysticisms.

Until the New New Avengers come and save the day (sent by Matt Murdock). Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Wolverine, Spider-Woman, and Ronin. It's the New Avengers vs. The Hand. They rescue Echo but Elektra has the final word and orders her army not to let them leave Japan.

4.5/5

Yeah. Short summary but there was a lot of fighting and "someone save me" dialogue... and funny dialogue during the NA/Hand fight.

So good...

Ronin Clues: Says "Yo" a lot. Apparently not Matt Murdock (Echo looks up at him/her and says, "Matt...?" Ronin responds, "Not Exactly.", Martial Arts/sword skills.

I guess the ''yo'' rules out cap...unless he becomes a rapper after the war.

I had a crazy idea that Peter Parker was Ronin and Eddie Brock was Spider-Man... which is horrible.

Now I'm puzzled as to who Ronin is. He's definitely someone who wasn't a New Avenger because he didn't know that they banter when they fight. Also the "yo" comment makes me think that it's a younger character. Not nearly as dark and brooding as I would have figured. I'd guess it's a previously little know hero who leaves Civil War having lost someone. Luke Cage also says that he's got a message from DD which makes me think it's not DD, but it could have been there to miss lead us.

The Jack Flag idea is decent. Civil War definitely seems to be bringing little known characters into the main streem like
The Hood.
So the trend is probably going to continue.

jACK fLAG AS rONIN?

I don't see it as likely but if it somehow tied in with Thunderbolts and spoiled the fact that their first mission was fumbled because of the New Avengers (Strange, Spider-Man, Cage, Iron Fist, Spider-Woman) and set up a rivalry, I think it'd be kickass.

I'm still trying to convince myself that I don't care about all these "ronin" shenanigans.

But I'm still wondering who the hell it is. I just hope it's not another obscure character like Echo (I didn't read her issues in Daredevil because of David Mack's Mind-**** art)

Ronin is Silver Samurai!!!!!!

Well, okay, obviously not anymore. Jack Flag? Who?

The way Yu draws makes it look like Iron Fist has a hairy chest...

I went "wtfwtfwtf" when I saw the splash page of the NA. Was not expecing for that to happen. Guess we'll get some explination next issue.

Echo's appearantly a snake now.

And this has never stuck out to me before, but it does now for some reason: How in the world does ELektra fight with that long thing inbetween her legs? That innuedo was on purpose.

Echo's monologue at the beginning was the best part imo.

I don't like the art. :/ Somewhere in the 3/4 range.

great issue, this is a good start for the New new avengers 4/5

the art was the low point for me, i usually like Yu's work, but something about this book throws it off it almost feel's "Liefeldey" with all the veins, and another thing Yu should absolutley NOT draw Iron Fist he looks horrible in this book

but the story was the best thing i've read by bendis in awhile

I really enjoyed this. I didn't like early New Avengers, but the latest two issues have been great. Maybe Bendis is tapping back into the good juices.

....I don't believe it. I actually liked this.
This was, like, one of the best things Bendis wrote to new avengers, except the last few pages with the Avengers talking.
The art was meh, too rough to much lines the close-ups are horrible.
4/5 - I can't believe I just gave 4 to Bendis...

Last edited:

Good issue. Yu's art was a little hit-and-miss but good overall.

Wasn't there a huge to-do with Wolverine and The hand in his own book a while ago? Or was that Hydra?

It was a little off-putting to see the new team together and gelling pretty well despite obviously only being together for a short time, and with no explanation how they got there, but I'm sure an explanation is coming and it didn't screw up the story.

I like the Echo angle. Hopefully we see Daredevil on the scene. He's go his life pretty much in order now, so who knows.

Hydra

It was a Millar story, they brainwashed him and he went and killed Northstar, who came back in the next issue

Hydra

It was a Millar story, they brainwashed him and he went and killed Northstar, who came back in the next issue

It was actually Hydra, The Hand, and that Dawn of Light group teaming up.

And Northstar was resurrected as a Hand soldier.

Latest posts

Back