Avengers New Avengers: Revolution discussion (#26-31; spoilers)

Re: New Avengers discussion (#26+; spoilers)

Am I the only one who didn't really like it? This was just Bendis throwing together all of the characters that he likes, and having them talk to each other. He wants for Luke Cage to be a badass, for Iron Fist to by mystical Kung Fu guy who has a hardon for Luke and for Spidey to be rambling idiot. I like characters to have more depth...and throughout New Avengers everyone was just another guy said witty things.

YES. THANK YOU.

Although I do like that it's tying into Mighty Avengers. I said on another thread, between this and Project Pegasus mentions in his Ultimate titles, it seems like Bendis' new thing is to tie his projects together.

This is only the second issue of a new arc with a new status quo, though. I'm willing to give it time to see how it plays out. And the stuff with Echo in the beginning of last issue was great, even though it went a bit downhill from there. Inverse Ninja Effectiveness Property, anyone?

Agreed with both. I liked the art, but the manservant conversation just threw me out of this book.

You people are crazy. This is one of the best comics around.

Agreed.

And to say that the only good thing about it is how it ties into Mighty - seriously. Mighty Avengers is total balls. That's the WORST part about this book.

Agreed.

And to say that the only good thing about it is how it ties into Mighty - seriously. Mighty Avengers is total balls. That's the WORST part about this book.
yeah, using a fake Steve right after his death, that manages to convince DR. STRANGE that it was him, while Wolvie takes one sniff and knows it's not him, the Iron Man actually GLOATS about it for a second

good god that ruined the issue for me

yeah, using a fake Steve right after his death, that manages to convince DR. STRANGE that it was him, while Wolvie takes one sniff and knows it's not him, the Iron Man actually GLOATS about it for a second

good god that ruined the issue for me

Yeah, Tony Stark is an *******. What a shock that was.

Agreed.

Don't be mean. Bendis is just beginning to learn what continuity is, like a baby taking its first steps. The first few times, he'll fall on his ***, but slowly, he'll learn and soon be taking great strides and actually acknowledging that characters don't stop existing when he's not writing.

Or he'll just **** it up like usual. One or the other.

Re: Avengers: The Initiative (Discussion Spoilers)

#29 - 4.9/5

Man, I love this book. This is Bendis at his best.

One thing that struck me - I love the idea of Danny Rand taking over as the new "Tony Stark" of the group (and notice he wasn't recruited as "the Tony Stark"), using his money and his corporation and jets and everything. And I love the dynamic between he and Tony, How they know that he's Iron Fist and can't really do anything about it thanks to his weasel-y lawyer.

Also, I am pleasantly surprised at how much Doc Strange rules in this book. What an incredible addition to the team. I was never a big fan of the character, even after reading the Vaughan mini, and I wasn't too thrilled when I heard he was coming to this book. But he's been awesome, and Bendis is using him very well.

Re: Avengers: The Initiative (Discussion Spoilers)

#29 - 4.9/5

Man, I love this book. This is Bendis at his best.

One thing that struck me - I love the idea of Danny Rand taking over as the new "Tony Stark" of the group (and notice he wasn't recruited as "the Tony Stark"), using his money and his corporation and jets and everything. And I love the dynamic between he and Tony, How they know that he's Iron Fist and can't really do anything about it thanks to his weasel-y lawyer.

Also, I am pleasantly surprised at how much Doc Strange rules in this book. What an incredible addition to the team. I was never a big fan of the character, even after reading the Vaughan mini, and I wasn't too thrilled when I heard he was coming to this book. But he's been awesome, and Bendis is using him very well.

I know

Tony: i took you powers

Strange: Oh yeah? i'll make you face your greatest fears....I just owned your *** *****

Stark got served

Stan Lee/Steve Ditko Dr. Strange = best thing ever

This issues totally ruled. It was awesome fantastical. And I'm usually no Bendis fan.

It seemed almost confirmed that Jessica is the new Ronin.

Last edited:

I think Ronin is either hawkeye or shang chi. I really don't want another girl on the team.

I think Ronin is either hawkeye or shang chi. I really don't want another girl on the team.

Well, it seems they transported immediately from the Brother Voodoo encounter staright to Japan, and Jessica was the only other person there, with the costume.

My only quetsion is, what happened to the baby?

Love it. Awesome issue. Complimented by awesome art.

The Mighty Avengers just come off as "We have nothing better to do so we're gonna continuously hunt down the good guys". I know this isn't the case in other titles but here it's a ton of fun seeing them on the NA's backs all the time and Doc Strange owning them. I like how the two storylines are running like this. I still don't like everytime Wolverine opens his mouth. And as for Ronin, it does seem they teleported straight from the mansion but then where's the baby and where's Wong? I hope it's not Jessica. Mainly because the dynamic of at home girlfriend not involved in heroics seems like a nice touch.

4/5

Love it. Awesome issue. Complimented by awesome art.

The Mighty Avengers just come off as "We have nothing better to do so we're gonna continuously hunt down the good guys". I know this isn't the case in other titles but here it's a ton of fun seeing them on the NA's backs all the time and Doc Strange owning them. I like how the two storylines are running like this. I still don't like everytime Wolverine opens his mouth. And as for Ronin, it does seem they teleported straight from the mansion but then where's the baby and where's Wong? I hope it's not Jessica. Mainly because the dynamic of at home girlfriend not involved in heroics seems like a nice touch.

4/5

i thought it was a flash forward to present day at the end. I mean the issue before all the events that transpired with MA was the day before and Strange said he couldn't transport them directly to Japan, only to the plane.

I guess they could've left the baby behind with Wong. Maybe Iron Fist brings up the whole baby thing Ms. Marvel hammered into us this issue and she feels he'll be safer with Wong.

I mean, Jessica's got powers (or does she still? Either way I suppose), so she's an unregistered comment and would have to be on the run. The safest thing for the baby is to be left behind.

For a second there, I thought Ronin was going to be Brother Voodoo. That would have been retarded. I loved Cage's final comment to Elektra. I'm still amazed at how well Bendis writes Luke Cage.

For a second there, I thought Ronin was going to be Brother Voodoo. That would have been retarded. I loved Cage's final comment to Elektra. I'm still amazed at how well Bendis writes Luke Cage.

OH me too, I thought the same thing reading it.

i thought it was a flash forward to present day at the end. I mean the issue before all the events that transpired with MA was the day before and Strange said he couldn't transport them directly to Japan, only to the plane.

Yes. But still it seems they rushed to Japan. Regardless of straight to Japan or to the plane (to Japan) there's still a chunk missing of who they recruited along the way and there seems to be little time.

Latest posts

Back