Avengers New Avengers: Revolution discussion (#26-31; spoilers)

Re: New Avengers discussion (#26+; spoilers)

:shock: I would rather sit and have conversation with Lil Kis right now than you. The "banter" is one of the best parts of Daredevil: King of Hell's Kitchen arc. Bendis in top form.

Don't hate big boi...

I gave it a 4! The banter wasn't bad, but I didn't like it either... I tried many times but I just can't like Bendis dialogues that much, everyone talks like mildly retarded persons...

It was ok. But I thought Elektra was good now. I was confused by her reasoning.

It was ok. But I thought Elektra was good now. I was confused by her reasoning.

In the comics she has never been straight up good.

Most of the time she did any good deed was usualy a means to an end

Spider-Man's not saying the movie is Freaky Friday, he's just saying that movie is underrated.

I want The Silver Samurai to take over The Hand. Let Elektra move on already.

Kinda perfer as hand leader personally.

And let poor SS enjot lohan time.....thehand would probably mock his love of lohan

Kinda perfer as hand leader personally.

And let poor SS enjot lohan time.....thehand would probably mock his love of lohan

HUH?!

Silver Samurai is into Lohan

That alone makes this issue a must but

when did he lose his hand anyway?

and im glad that what Ms.Marvel said was a lie

Silver Samurai is into Lohan

That alone makes this issue a must but

when did he lose his hand anyway?

and im glad that what Ms.Marvel said was a lie
I believe in the Wolverine: Origins arc last year, where he goes on a search to figure his newly gained memories, wolverine cut it off

Last edited:

#28 was a great read.

They try to use Silver Samurai's place as a safe haven and while there there's bad blood between Wolverine and SS. They go into how the team came together...

Luke Cage is buying milk in a store when he stops a petty robbery but is confronted with the local law enforcement to stand down. Then Shield gets involved and Luke Cage kicks *** retreating to a run down pad "formerly owned" by Doc Strange and soon to be a Starbuck's. Inside after Luke's helped with the magic word we see the cast of Spider-Man, Iron Fist, Wolverine, Jessica Jones, The Baby, Dr. Strange, Wong all interacting. Wong hates the guests and is accused of being "Snooty" (Pretty funny). Wolverine and Luke don't get along too well. Iron Fist isn't as light hearted as he usually is (disappointing). Anyway Spider-Woman magically (literally) returns from California and her encounter with Carol Danvers. She reveals that Captain America is alive and is frozen on the raft. Some are skeptical that it's a trap but they go along anyway... Inside the raft they find his body but Wolverine immediately senses it's not him and The Mighty Avengers appear to arrest the New Avengers.

Back in the present Silver Samurai gets violent about the intruders bringing the Hand to his father's home and a small fight breaks out. Luke Cage knocks SS out. The Hand, lead by Elektra, arrives.

4/5

Really don't see why Wolverine's in the book anymore though. And it looks like Cap really is dead.

Last edited:

#28 was a great read.

They try to use Silver Samurai's place as a safe haven and while there there's bad blood between Wolverine and SS. They go into how the team came together...

Luke Cage is buying milk in a store when he stops a petty robbery but is confronted with the local law enforcement to stand down. Then Shield gets involved and Luke Cage kicks *** retreating to a run down pad "formerly owned" by Doc Strange and soon to be a Starbuck's. Inside after Luke's helped with the magic word we see the cast of Spider-Man, Iron Fist, Wolverine, Jessica Jones, The Baby, Dr. Strange, Wong all interacting. Wong hates the guests and is accused of being "Snooty" (Pretty funny). Wolverine and Luke don't get along too well. Iron Fist isn't as light hearted as he usually is (disappointing). Anyway Spider-Woman magically (literally) returns from California and her encounter with Carol Danvers. She reveals that Captain America is alive and is frozen on the raft. Some are skeptical that it's a trap but they go along anyway... Inside the raft they find his body but Wolverine immediately senses it's not him and The Mighty Avengers appear to arrest the New Avengers.

Back in the present Silver Samurai gets violent about the intruders bringing the Hand to his father's home and a small fight breaks out. Luke Cage knocks SS out. The Hand, lead by Elektra, arrives.

4/5

Really don't see why Wolverine's in the book anymore though. And it looks like Cap really is dead.

he knows most of the team

He's a great tracker...tacticle guy

he's not bad to have around in A jam...

in millars wolverine, he and elektra took down like 1000 of these guys in a page or two. so yeah, im sure he's pretty handy, especially since he's the only one willing to kill.

This issue was pretty good, but am I the only one wondering where MJ (and May, if she's not dead yet) are during these times when Peter's hiding out in Dr. Strange's house or in Japan or whatever?

Very interesting use of Wong as the new Jarvis. I like it; I hope it works.

I didn't get having Doc Strange on the team, but this issue made it look pretty sensible. They have a base that no one will see, he has a manservant to help out, he can do some pretty cool spells, and - assuming Bendis is going to build off the BKV mini that just wrapped up, they have the
Night Nurse
there too.

This is probably the first time I haven't liked how Bendis wrote Spider-Man. I guess it was just a little irritating that he used the "Yay!" more than once.

Still digging his Luke Cage.

And I have to say I liked the misdirection used with Captain America's dupe. Made even better since it was referenced in the other comic.

4/5, and I'm really enjoying this since the sort of weak Civil War tie-in arc.

Great issue. I was more interested in the story of how they formed than how they're dealing with the Hand, both were actually done rather well.

I really wanted to see who the new Ronin is. I thought they mentioned that this was the issue they were going to reveal it. I guess I got that wrong. What issue did they say they would reveal it?

Not the point. I can say that about any of the characters in the marvel universe. I agreed and understood with Bendis when Logan was on the team the first time around but here it just seems like he should've dropped it and stuck with the X-Men.

ProjectX2 said:
This issue was pretty good, but am I the only one wondering where MJ (and May, if she's not dead yet) are during these times when Peter's hiding out in Dr. Strange's house or in Japan or whatever?
I was wondering the same thing. "One More Day" is supposed to spin right off of the shooting though so maybe in continuity whatever Joe Q has planned for the couple already happened and they're split.

E said:
I didn't get having Doc Strange on the team, but this issue made it look pretty sensible. They have a base that no one will see, he has a manservant to help out, he can do some pretty cool spells, and - assuming Bendis is going to build off the BKV mini that just wrapped up, they have the
Night Nurse
there too.
Yeah, I really hope they don't neglect that mini.

Not the point. I can say that about any of the characters in the marvel universe. I agreed and understood with Bendis when Logan was on the team the first time around but here it just seems like he should've dropped it and stuck with the X-Men.
according to Bendis every team needs a "Wolverine", and who better to be your "Wolverine" than Wolverine!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back