Avengers New Avengers: Revolution discussion (#26-31; spoilers)

Re: New Avengers discussion (#1-20; spoilers)

And I was very confused trying to find this thread. Is this discussion thread for only up to 20? This isn't a CW tie in.

No...I think it was just a cut-off point to ID where the arcs ended and CW began.

I think the title just needs to be changed to take off the issue numbers and rename the NA:CW thread just that. New Avengers: Civil War Tie-In Arc.

She's killed him twice, and twice she has brought him back to life. But what happens when Hawkeye confronts his long-time friend, former teammate, and killer, the Scarlet Witch, in New Avengers #26?

Bendis gets paid for writing another comic?

Maleev rules though.

And I was very confused trying to find this thread. Is this discussion thread for only up to 20? This isn't a CW tie in.

The thread you originally posted in covered the first 20 issues of NA. From 21 on, each arc has its own thread. There is a thread for the CW tie-in arc (21-25 I think).

Accordingly, I've split this off into it's own thread. If it's basically a one-shot, it will stay as is. If the following issues make up an arc with #26, we'll fix it.

Anyway....

I also have faith with this issue. The CW arc as weak overall, even though 2 of its issues were among the best in this series. As much as Bendis seems to be spread thin with all the books he's writing, he just really clicks on this book with me. This type of story seems to be his strong point.

This isn't the kind of thing I like to see Maleev on...his art just totally didn't fit on the Illuminati one-shot either...but the preview looks pretty good. So we'll see.

Re: New Avengers #26 discussion (spoilers)

This isn't a CW tie-in? I've read that it was one.

If so, please correct me. We can move it to the CW thread.

Yes and no. Civil War will be mentioned (I think) but it's not a direct tie-in. I'd heard that there were two plots this issue, one dealing with Hawkeye/Scarlet Witch and the other with Cap and his version of the Avengers, but that the second part is pretty brief - which, seeing as this is a 22 page issue and we've already seen 8 pages could mean the story is up to half-and-half, but I doubt it.

I believe the time covered in this issue starts at the very end of House of M and goes all the way through to sometime during Civil War - I think.

The cover isn't in Civil War trade dress, and I'm pretty sure it WOULD be if they thought it could be tied-in (for sales reasons).

Since we've also got a preview for NA #27 (Ninjas. Elektra. The Hand. Echo in a man suit. Ugh), you might as well start a "New Avengers Post-Civil War" thread, which would cover NA 26 and 27 and later - or go back to individual issue threads.

I also have faith with this issue. The CW arc as weak overall, even though 2 of its issues were among the best in this series. As much as Bendis seems to be spread thin with all the books he's writing, he just really clicks on this book with me. This type of story seems to be his strong point.

This isn't the kind of thing I like to see Maleev on...his art just totally didn't fit on the Illuminati one-shot either...but the preview looks pretty good. So we'll see.

I think that what Bendis is doing in New Avengers is using NA to handle the entire Marvel Universe - rather than being a title about a single team and the battles they (exclusively) face, it's a place where all of the Marvel characters have a role, from SHIELD to the individual superheroes, any one of whom can make an appearance in an issue.

Good if you like Bendis' overall vision for the Marvel U. Otherwise, mmmmm, not.

Me likes the new avengers. I think I will enjoy Mighty Avengers since IMO, it will be more like the original avengers

I'm happy.

You and 120,000+ other people a month. Me? Not so much. I don't think big plots (and particularly plot resolution) are Bendis' strength. To some extent, it's hard to tell with New Avengers, because the story has been broken up so much by other big events (House of M, Civil War). It might have looked much more cohesive without all the extra stuff that got piled on top of it.

The cover isn't in Civil War trade dress, and I'm pretty sure it WOULD be if they thought it could be tied-in (for sales reasons).

Yep, I agree. We'll keep this one separate.

You and 120,000+ other people a month. Me? Not so much. I don't think big plots (and particularly plot resolution) are Bendis' strength. To some extent, it's hard to tell with New Avengers, because the story has been broken up so much by other big events (House of M, Civil War). It might have looked much more cohesive without all the extra stuff that got piled on top of it.

Also agreed. And you're right about big plots not being his strengths, but what he's done on this book, save the Xorneto return, has been good.

Also agreed. And you're right about big plots not being his strengths, but what he's done on this book, save the Xorneto return, has been good.

True. His Breakout, Ronin, SpiderWoman arcs were great. Sentry was ok.

House of M was not.

It doesn't matter, it was all just a tie-in. They want you to buy Secret War. That's the prize piece.

Secret War was probably the weakest. HoM was good, Disassembled was good... but good's not even good enough. The fallout from these events was the best part.

BUt after being schooled on disassembled, there were alot of continuity errors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back