Avengers New Avengers: The Trust discussion (#32-37 +Annual 2; spoilers)

Re: New Avengers: The Trust discussion (#32+; spoilers)

I Just noticed that The hood is alot crueler than he was in Beyond and his mini ....i mean he felt bad after accidentally killing a cop....granted he had no problem killing a hydra recruiter.

Re: New Avengers Annual #2 discussion/preview [spoilers]

For being an Annual this pretty much sucked. This story could have easily been told in a regular issue of New Avengers. The only thing note worthy is that Dr. Strange now is out of the picture (in the New vs Mighty war i mean). That Jessica Jones surrendered to Stark to protect her baby isn't something that got me by surprise. Maybe if Spider-Woman hadn't already joined the Mighty Avengers I would but... oh well.

D'oh! I picked this up and was so wrapped up in the last Y issue, Fell, and Captain America that I forgot to post.

Yeah, this was a big waste. I don't even think the thing with Strange was that he was "out of the picture" as much as he had seemed to have new, darker powers...or that he was using a "darker" source for his powers. And of course the Jessica Jones thing, surrendering to Stark. Seems kind of Skrull-y to me.

If they finally learned to follow orders.....yeah.

The issue came out and....yes they are still boring and unimpressive. The Hood is an incompetant, he has all those villains charge like pack of brawlers. Where is the tactics, where is the divide and conquer plans? Why is this guy the leader? I mean he had Purple Man there, why not send him in to mind control people there and why are all these guys still nothing more than yesmen? Where's the backstabbing?

Last edited:

And of course the Jessica Jones thing, surrendering to Stark. Seems kind of Skrull-y to me.
Yeah, especially since she's not in the superhero biz, so why would she need to register? She's actually fine in that department. I mean, she's still a fugitive for being an accomplice with the rogue Avengers, but she really doesn't need to register.

Unless she's planning something. Something...

...Skrully....

Yeah, especially since she's not in the superhero biz, so why would she need to register?

I assume it's to keep her baby safe and under government protection.

Friggin' welfare queen.

I was surprised how much change happened for an annual.

They basically had two prominent characters leave the series, at least for the short term.

I don't know if it's just me, but every character has exhibited some kind of "skrully" behavior. I think this is intentional on the writer's part.

Latest posts

Back