Avengers New Avengers: The Trust discussion (#32-37 +Annual 2; spoilers)

Re: New Avengers: The Trust discussion (#32+; spoilers)

that was an illusion by Doctor Strange, that's my story and i'm sticking to it

Oooh...good one. I hadn't thought of that.

As i was reading this issue and I saw how Strange was helping them "see" into the villains' meeting, it really became clear that Doctor Strange is the most valuable person in this team. What he brings to the table isn't even close to being matched by any other member, past or present. I mean, he has an entire team of outlaws hiding in plain sight using magic. Pretty cool. Bendis is doing a good job utilizing him.

You really need to read it. The spoilers are too big.

Last edited:

no it doesn't, please explain your reasoning behind this

Glad it's not just me.

I only read the issue once but maybe I'm missing something? I don't remember anything that would prove that theory wrong.

As I said in the review thread, it was good but it felt overcrowded with stuff.

It's definitely an illusion. It's the only thing that makes sense. No way are they gathering that amount of heroes in that short amount of time. I don't know what Doom is talking about in regards to the Illuminati mini. Dr. Strange wasn't the Skrull; Black Bolt was.

I want more Hood.

I guess the best question for anyone who knows is how powerful are Strange's illusions? How involved can they be in a fight and still fool people into thinking they are there? Obviously they can't cause physical harm, but is there something that makes people believe they are experiencing physical harm?

I guess the best question for anyone who knows is how powerful are Strange's illusions? How involved can they be in a fight and still fool people into thinking they are there? Obviously they can't cause physical harm, but is there something that makes people believe they are experiencing physical harm?

The the whole matrix thing, your mind makes it real, as long as its effecting their minds and not just a hologram

New Avengers #35 (October) - 111,481 copies sold.

On a related note, Mighty Avengers isn't that far behind (99,544).

Um, did no one read 37? I liked it.

Um, did no one read 37? I liked it.

Let's just say I'm in the process of acquiring it. I'm chomping at the bit.

ok so why are Cap and hulk in some of those images?

#37 was ok...kind of a wimpy end to the arc. We find out The Hood is a demon (or demon possessed) - is that it?

I guess it's pretty impressive that he broke all of the villains out again after the NA had rounded them up, but I guess I was kind of hoping for more Skrull revelations.

#37 was ok...kind of a wimpy end to the arc. We find out The Hood is a demon (or demon possessed) - is that it?
Well we found that out when Wolverine confronted him.

Latest posts

Back