Avengers New Hawkeye ongoing (Fraction/Aja)

What.

Dammit, WHAT!? I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise, considering how this was seemingly pushed further and further down Fraction's list of priorities as time went on, but man. What a bummer.

My experience with Fraction is that the longer a book takes to come out the more he's obsessed with it. Its not that it isn't a priority for him, its that he needs it to be perfect in every way.

But as for Hawkguy ending, I'm ok with it. It means the perfectionist focus can go back where it belongs. Casanova.

Yeah, I've been waiting for them to announce that Hawkeye was ending. It's barely coming out any more as it is.

It's a bummer though.

Sad face.

None of his creator-owned stuff is anywhere near as good as Hawkguy. I get that his own stuff is his priority, but I'm still really disappointed.

Waiting for the Omnibus I guess.

None of his creator-owned stuff is anywhere near as good as Hawkguy.

sexcrim1-4thprint-cov.jpg

Sad face.

None of his creator-owned stuff is anywhere near as good as Hawkguy. I get that his own stuff is his priority, but I'm still really disappointed.

Waiting for the Omnibus I guess.
Sex Criminals and Casanova are better.

Mantooth, The Last of the Independents, and Satellite Sam are not.

I mean its still just the third best thing he's done, that's all.

Casanova - couldn't get into that.

Sex Criminals is great, but it's not as great as Hawkeye.

Sorry guys.

I'm reading his Invincible Iron Man again, and while it's not QUITE as good as Hawkeye, it's still extremely good. It's a shame that Fear Itself basically killed all the momentum of that book, because nobody ever really talks about it anymore, and that's a huge shame.

I should really read more of his creator-owned stuff (as in, I've never read any). I've only really read Hawkguy and Invincible Iron Man.

I like Casanova, Hawkeye, Immortal Iron Fist, Invincible Iron Man AND Sex Criminals.

Last edited:
I'm reading his Invincible Iron Man again

That was pretty good. It's better than people probably remember. It had some cool ideas.

The Immortal Iron First was so good. The current Iron Fist book? Not so much.

Disagreed. So far it's very good and the art direction on it is phenomenal.

I'd be really curious as to why, exactly. It is (or was) one of Marvel's best-selling titles, so surely there's some pressure to get the issues out on time. Is he writing a particularly enormous number of books these days? Did his priorities shift away from it completely, now that this is going to be ending? What's the dealy-o?

I'd be really curious as to why, exactly. It is (or was) one of Marvel's best-selling titles, so surely there's some pressure to get the issues out on time. Is he writing a particularly enormous number of books these days? Did his priorities shift away from it completely, now that this is going to be ending? What's the dealy-o?

He's got his own creator-owned books, and he makes a lot more money on those since he owns and controls them completely (with the artists, of course).

I believe Hawkguy's sales are good but I think it's closer to the middle of the pack compared to other Marvel books than is is near the top.

So Hawkeye #21 came out last week. I'm waiting to read it until #22 (the final issue) comes out. But it was slated for next week (Feb 18) and previews world doesn't have it listed in next week's releases. What in the world, Fraction! Get your stuff together.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back