New UFF Cover#28 President Thor [SPOILERS]

Re: Ultimate Super Skrull (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think it's pretty much just a difference of artist interpretation.

That's way to big a difference to call a different interpretation.

TheManWithoutFear said:
We don't even know what the Chitauri looked like? The only thing we saw was a half chewed up face. What I meant was if we did see the healthier version it could've looked like a 616 Skrull.

It wasn't chewed up, it was intact.

TheManWithoutFear said:
That was intact?

You're talking about the Chitauri corpse that was on a table. E's talking about the one we saw when all the Chitauri invaded the Earth.

ProjectX2 said:
You're talking about the Chitauri corpse that was on a table. E's talking about the one we saw when all the Chitauri invaded the Earth.

Actually I was talking about the corpse...I don't recall seeing them in their true form any other time.

The Skrull in his original form was intact, the "skin" was ripped and torn up. You can tell by looking at the original form that it isn't damaged.

This also tells us that whatever method they use for shape-shifting is not the same as 616 Skrulls.

UltimateE said:
This also tells us that whatever method they use for shape-shifting is not the same as 616 Skrulls.
Nope. Their method is they eat whoever they will shape-shift into. 616 just shape-shifted into them.

icemastertron said:
Nope. Their method is they eat whoever they will shape-shift into. 616 just shape-shifted into them.

Yep, which means the Chitauri are closer to the Skrull's offshoot the Dire Wraiths who would eat there targets brain and body so they could assume there form along with receiving there memory. They were ugly as sin too as you can see.

wraith1.jpg

wraith3.jpg

Hyperstorm said:
Yep, which means the Chitauri are closer to the Skrull's offshoot the Dire Wraiths who would eat there targets brain and body so they could assume there form along with receiving there memory. They were ugly as sin too as you can see.

wraith1.jpg

wraith3.jpg

My God. She really did not look good with a mohawk.

I'm really looking forward to the whole President Thor arc. I get pissed when continuity's messed up, so hopefully this will put it all back together.

Plus, since Millar wrote both the Ultimates and this upcoming FF arc, I'm sure the fact that the Skrulls look different will be addressed somehow.

I don't understand all this confusion.The "Skrull" they run into is from the dimension where Thor becomes president.The "Skrulls" in the actual Ultimate universe where all the stories take place were the Chitauri.Simple as that.

Super_Human said:
I don't understand all this confusion.The "Skrull" they run into is from the dimension where Thor becomes president.The "Skrulls" in the actual Ultimate universe where all the stories take place were the Chitauri.Simple as that.
Yes.

I pretty much posted about this on the very very first page, and I have no idea why everyones panties are in a bunch over some kind of 'continuity issue' that isn't as problematic as it seems.

ourchair said:
Yes.

I pretty much posted about this on the very very first page, and I have no idea why everyones panties are in a bunch over some kind of 'continuity issue' that isn't as problematic as it seems.

Probably because we just think it's stupid two have two different looking ones. Why's one gotta be the "cartoon" version yet we still are looking at it as a serious threat. If the look was gonna change like, I dunno, it just doesn't make sense. If the Chitauri are the Skrulls they should be The Skrulls in every alternate Ultimate dimension... at least that's how we subconsciously look at it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Probably because we just think it's stupid two have two different looking ones. Why's one gotta be the "cartoon" version yet we still are looking at it as a serious threat. If the look was gonna change like, I dunno, it just doesn't make sense. If the Chitauri are the Skrulls they should be The Skrulls in every alternate Ultimate dimension... at least that's how we subconsciously look at it.

It doesn't look cartoony to me. It looks pretty cool and serious.

And I've heard in an alternate universe, you're a girl.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
If the Chitauri are the Skrulls they should be The Skrulls in every alternate Ultimate dimension... at least that's how we subconsciously look at it.
In what terms, looks you mean? There's an infinite amount of alternate dimensions (just going by the Timebroker in Exiles), and not everything and everyone in all the dimensions look and act the same.

And yes, I know this is the UU, and not Exiles, before you try and throw that at me.

Last edited:
icemastertron said:
In what terms, looks you mean? There's an infinite amount of alternate dimensions (just going by the Timebroker in Exiles), and not everything and everyone in all the dimensions look and act the same.
Exactly.

And even if you buy into the idea that the DNA-eating shapeshifter Chitauri = Skrull, should define all other incarnations of those characters just as all other 'alternate reality versions' of other characters are merely modifications to an existing template, there're various ways to explain this away.

As I said in my other post, if you take it from an editorial perspective:
ourchair said:
...Millar's statement that the Chitauri were 'meant to be' the Ultimate Skrulls doesn't really make it a fact set in stone, in my opinion, just as the editors claiming that the 'origin' of Ultimate Iron Man in UMTU is a cover story doesn't necessarily make it a fact unless they go out of their way to establish that in the comics.

And from an in-story continuity perspective, Chitauri could easily not be THE Skrulls but A Skrull, such that the term 'Skrull' is just a word:
ourchair said:
Of course, there's that one line about the Chitauri being called 'Annakui' and 'Skrull', but its a single line that could easily be undone or explained away. 'Skrull' could just be catch-all Egyptian name for any shapeshifting extraterrestrial.

Super_Human said:

Thats my take on it as well.

TheManWithoutFear said:

Why? They're alternate universes for a reason. If everything was the same they'd all be the same universe. By your reasoning the zombie dimension should be exactly like the Ultimate dimension, or vice versa. Alternate. ;)

I don't think its anything to worry about. Though do we know if it'll be an alternate reality? I thought this story had something to do with going back in time or something, and figured they alternated the time stream even further to the point Thor is elected President...and the Chitauri look like Skrulls, etc. Ehh...whatever...I think Ourchair makes some very good points about the term "Skrull", and its still very much open to interpretation.

This story will take place in an alternate (for those who still don't get it) dimension dealing with the repracusions (sp?) of the time travel by the F4. Basically, because they time travlled, it created a butterfly effect in another dimension; one where Thor is now president, and instead of Chitauri, it's Skrulls, and they look like the 616 version.

And on a side note, the Chitauri are one of many names the alien race are called. 'Skrulls' is another name for them, but not used on earth because it's a name they were called by some other alien race. The Africans named them 'Chitauri'.

Last edited:
"The African's called us Annakui or Skrull."

I like that line for some reason.

Latest posts

Back