New X-Men Series Discussion (Spoilers)

comic_geek21

I couldn't tell if there already was one, so I decided to make one.

Well, the final team roster is official. The last issue was pretty hardcore, but for those that don't know, here is the New X-Men lineup:

Surge

Hellion

Mercury

Dust

Rockslide

X-23 (yay!)

What do you guys think of the lineup?

Hellion, Surge & X-23, great!

But what about Josh, Laurie & Jay???

I haven't picked up the latest issue, is everyone else just a student now?

Patriot Mk2 said:
Hellion, Surge & X-23, great!

But what about Josh, Laurie & Jay???

I haven't picked up the latest issue, is everyone else just a student now?

Ummm....they kinda.....got blowed up at the end of the issue.

The bus all the students got on exploded. Everyone but the official New X-Men team was on that bus.

So......yeah.:roll:

comic_geek21 said:
Ummm....they kinda.....got blowed up at the end of the issue.

The bus all the students got on exploded. Everyone but the official New X-Men team was on that bus.

So......yeah.:roll:

Lovely.......

OMG!

OMG!

OMG!

This story NEEDS to be read! The writers (Kyle, Yost) are actually pushing the lines that haven't been pushed in ANY X-Men book in a long time. They're daring to do the madness that Uncanny, X-Men, and Astonishing are not doing.

William Stryker is back. He's killing off characters. Yes, I know. Killing off people is nothing new and we see it every other issue in any series. But the story is really compelling and is finally the "umph" that this book needs. It was good with the writers before this (Weir and Defillipis). They were great in character development, but it did feel kinda slow. Now, the book is on a fast track and its getting better and better.

#21-
Jay's wings were clipped off and sent to the X-Men as a sign, basically.

#23-
The kids that lost their powers were going to be sent home (at night, in secret) on a bus. It was blown up by Stryker's men.

#25-
Laurie, whose power was pherenomes, was just SNIPED in the back of her dead. And the cliffhanger-

He's brought back NIMROD! The worst mutant hunting machine EVER! This, right now, is THEE best X-Book out right now. It PWNS them all. And yes, it's better than Astonishing right now.

Why?

1) Their story is centering around the return of the HFC. That was just done last year in Uncanny. Nothing new.

2) This story is daring to go and really pushing that line that needs to be pushed in the X-Books right now (as I've partly said above).

5/5

Ice said:
#25-
Laurie, whose power was pherenomes, was just SNIPED in the back of her dead. And the cliffhanger-

He's brought back NIMROD! The worst mutant hunting machine EVER! This, right now, is THEE best X-Book out right now. It PWNS them all. And yes, it's better than Astonishing right now.

FACT.......yes even better than Whedon's "Astonishing".

Ice you will love #26!!! All the questions get answered. Why Jay's wings were clipped? Why Laurie was sniped? What does Stryker have to do with Nimrod? All that gets answered. And the end page sets up the awesomeness of #27!!!

The book did start a little slow...but now that M-Day happened and the actual New X-Men team has been named....it's so hot right now.

New issue is awesome!!! This concludes the arc very nicely and also sets up the next one smoothly as well.

A few points of coolness:
  • Beast on page 2----1st panel is the best/coolest I've seen him drawn in like ever....
  • X-23 fits so perfectly in this comic. This is where she belongs.
  • The fact that none of the established characters were safe----everyone gets shot or stabbed.

But the only thing that bothers me is where were some of the grown X-Men? I mean ok...Beast and Bishop were taken out....but what about Cyke and Wolverine? Kitty? Colossus? It was as if the kids were left to fend for themselves.

I really can't wait for Phoenix:Warsong to see how that affects the Stepford Girls in this comic.

3.5/5

I starting this series with the next. I picked up my brother-in-laws pull and read his, though. It was pretty cool how it ended with the Nimrod sentinel returning to Forge.

Things that jumped out at me.
-Dust is hot. It's such a shame that she has to go and cover that up.
-Emma getting stabbed in the shoulder seemed off. She's got a two inche deep wound in her shoulder and after getting the blade removed is more or less fine.
-Elixar killing Stryker was awesome. I hope he comes out of it. Who's "Laurie" by the way?
-Quill's dead, thank god.
-What were Hellion and Surge shot with that allowed them to get up after getting shot?
-What was that rock thing that Stryker is standing over before being confronted by the Hellions?

Shihad said:
Isn't that x23's real name

Not quite sure about that. Could be.

But Laurie in which he refers is one of the depowered mutants. "Wallflower" I believe. She had pheremone powers.

I was reading an interview on Newsarama about the new X-23 mini and the writer said something that caught me a odd. He said when the introduced X-23 people either loved her or hated her and there still a lot of that sentiment around. I love her character and read the mini with great excitement, and I thought she was just a well liked character.

So, does anyone here not like X-23 as a character?

It's probably because she's a clone of Wolverine, made female. We've had some characters "re-done" as female (Like Scorpion, and Arana can be argued as well).

As long as they flesh her out and build on the character.......and NOT make her an exact copy of Wolverine....I'm fine with the character.

I particularly like her in New X-Men. I think throwing her into a team dynamic will be good for the character.

I think she has her own identity.....or at least she's finding it.

What I like about her character is that she's learning care about people. She's coming from a very similar background as Wolverine and yet she's forming connections in a very different way than Wolverine. Wolverine's always been a loner even after having relationships with people for years. X-23, though, has only been with people you would call her friends for a few months and she's already forming bonds with them.

I'm glad they're writing her that way because they don't need another loner with claws.

So, if X-23 is a clone...

Does that mean Wolverine was once a female prostitute?

Latest posts

Back