Newarama shows the cover to Ultimate Power #1 on Joe Fridays & more.

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
Newsarama shows the cover to Ultimate Power #1 on Joe Fridays & more.

At newsarama's weekly Joe Fridays this week a few cover previews was shown. Ultimate Power #1 was one of them.

Click the link to view it

and here is the solicitation:

ULTIMATE POWER #1 (of 9)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by GREG LAND

The Fantastic Four's leader, Reed Richards, has accidentally punched a hole into an adjacent universe in a desperate bid to gain the knowledge he needs to cure his friend Ben Grimm—The Thing. But something has come through the aperture from a realm known as the Supremeverse: The Squadron Supreme! They are angry and here to arrest young Reed for high crimes against their world. You must not miss the crossover of the decade!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Also, here's a peek at Ultimate X-Men #75's solicitation:

ULTIMATE X-MEN #75
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN & SEAN MCKEEVER
Pencils by BEN OLIVER
Cover by MICHAEL TURNER

"CABLE" Part 1 (of 4)
If one man is capable of disrupting the carefully controlled world of Charles Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters, it's this one: Ultimate Cable! He comes from a tragic future to wreak havoc on mutantkind today. And his sinister secrets will shock the X-Men to their very core. It's a huge event in Ultimate X-Men history. Get in on the ground floor. You've been warned. Plus: delve into the secret life of the X-Men's rivals, Emma Frost's Academy of Tomorrow, in a special bonus story!
48 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Last edited:
Who's who on the Ultimate Power cover? Cap, Wolverine, Sue Storm, Spider-Man, Iron Man... and is that the Scarlet Witch, or is that a Supreme Powers character?

Rhyo said:
Who's who on the Ultimate Power cover? Cap, Wolverine, Sue Storm, Spider-Man, Iron Man... and is that the Scarlet Witch, or is that a Supreme Powers character?
I'd say it's Scarlet Witch. Also, Jean Grey is there, too.

Victor Von Doom said:
Ugh.....he's a time traveler. :sick:
I trust Kirkman can pull it off. He's done a great job on Dimension hoppers over in Invincible.

Of course the real question we should be asking ourselves here is "why does Cable want to disrupt Professor X?"

Victor Von Doom said:
Xavier owes him $20.
Naw, I think future Wolverine messed up his face so he decided to wreck him in the past. Xaviers just caught in the crossfire.

Baxter said:
Naw, I think future Wolverine messed up his face so he decided to wreck him in the past. Xaviers just caught in the crossfire.

Or maybe he's a time-travelin' bigot, come back to destroy Xavier while screaming "STOP SAVING MUTIES!!!".

.....or something like that.

You seem to be 'calm' about it, Vic. I'm just waiting to see who's the first to spew off and get mad at Kirkman. And swear while they're at it.

But I tell everyone right now, no one better bash him. I'm not kidding.

I'm not overly excited about the time travel being brought into the Ultimate Universe. Other than that...we'll see.

Last edited:
Ice said:
I'd say it's Scarlet Witch. Also, Jean Grey is there, too.

Hmmm, that didn't help. Okay, there are 4 women in the picture. Sue's pretty obvious. There is the one in the upper right-hand corner, is that Kitty? It looks like a young 616 Kitty in her old X-Men uniform with the high collar. Then there is the woman with the dark red hair in the lace-up red bustier, is that the Scarlet Witch? Then, down at the bottom, I see an "X" on the collar or whatever that is of the lighter-red haired woman, so that's Jean?

Ice said:
You seem to be 'calm' about it, Vic.

I'm not angry per se.....just disappointed. I was just really hoping to see a different kinda Cable. Something to really set him apart from his 616 character. It just seems like the Magic 8Ball is sayin' "all signs point to no". But it's still early.....so I'll wait and see what Kirkman does. I'm just waiting to see who's the first to spew off and get mad at Kirkman. And swear while they're at it.[/

Ice said:
But I tell everyone right now, no one better bash him. I'm not kidding.

Bash me or Kirkman? I wouldn't bash him....I'd just say something clever in my native language of 'sarcasm'. :wink:

On the brightside---still looking forward to Ultimate Power...............of the non-ninja variety. :mrgreen:

UXM looks good. I just hope Kirkman will pull this off and not butcher Cable like Bendis did to Scorpion, Deadpool, and Omega Red.

As for the cover, I think I can identify everybody except one:

Ultimate: Spiderman, Scarlet Witch, Sue Storm, Captain America, Jean Grey, and Wolverine

Supreme: Hyperion, Doc Spectrum, and the Blur

But who is the girl that Spideys by? :? Shadowcat?

I wonder why the Squadron are so angry that Reed intruded into their universe? I mean, you wouldn't think its that big of a deal. Maybe he accidentally killed someone.

Last edited:
Rhyo said:
Hmmm, that didn't help. Okay, there are 4 women in the picture. Sue's pretty obvious. There is the one in the upper right-hand corner, is that Kitty? It looks like a young 616 Kitty in her old X-Men uniform with the high collar. Then there is the woman with the dark red hair in the lace-up red bustier, is that the Scarlet Witch? Then, down at the bottom, I see an "X" on the collar or whatever that is of the lighter-red haired woman, so that's Jean?

The women in the upper right, I believe, is Intertia. A member of the Squadron Supreme.

DAMNIT!

Rhyo said:
I don't know about the upper right hand corner being Kitty. I can't really tell if it's her cuz the face (to me) doesn't look like Kitty's. As for Scarlet Witch, she had that same suit in Ultimate X-Men #....63 I think? Sometime during the Magneto arc, so I would bet it's her. And yeah, the red head with the X collar would be Jean as she's the only red head AND that collar is part of her uniform.

And Vic- I meant bashing Kirkman.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back