Newsarama previews Ultimates 2 #8 with Millar interview

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
With Newsarama interviewing Mark Millar as part of the ongoing interviews with writers for the 5th Anniversary of the Ultimate Universe, they also preview a 4-page sketch preview of Ultimates 2 #8.

The original solicitation reads:

ULTIMATES 2 #8
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by Bryan Hitch
"GRAND THEFT AMERICA"
Tony and Natasha are on the eve of their wedding... but when Nick Fury makes his move against the mysterious traitor that's been plaguing the team, the team will never be the same! Also, Captain America and Wasp hit a serious snag in their relationship...is this the end for the Ultimate Universe's hottest couple? But believe us when we tell you that everything turns on its head with this issue! Is this the beginning of the end for the Ultimates? Part 2 (of 6)
32 PGS./PARENTAL ADVISORY …$2.99

Linework looks good as always. Nice enough that I'd be willing to pony up for a B/W inked TPB, in line with what they did with the Alan Moore Swamp Thing Vertigo Essentials a few years ago.

Still no clue who the new Ultiamtes team will be, but I think I'd rather have someone whos going to continue what Hitllar is doing, instead of going into a totaly diffrent direction.

I just read it, very cool interview.

Oh, and he reads the boards..

E-hem...

Hi Mark!

Sooo..

I, he makes me sick.

How can no-one have got it right? Well.. gah.

Bumfiddles to it all.

Guijllons said:
Chin Strap?

Ok, not read the interview yet, just looked at the pictures.

Chin Strap?!

Oh, yes, it's a
fake Cap
indeed...

If I didn't think that it'd get bogged down in semantics of the term "guessing the exact plot" I'd bet Millar $100 to his favorite charity that someone HAS guessed in the MW threads. Because I think the true plot is twisty and complicated and we've gotten PARTS of it but not all, and judging if someone "got" the plot, based on all the pieces, would be difficult. Gah. Is it Sept 21st yet?

Last edited:
Rhyo said:
Oh, yes, it's a
fake Cap
indeed...

If I didn't think that it'd get bogged down in semantics of "guessing the exact plot" I'd bet Millar $100 to his favorite charity that someone HAS guessed in the MW threads. Because I think the true plot is twisty and complicated and we've gotten PARTS of it but not all, and judging if someone got the plot, based on all the pieces, would be difficult. Gah. Is it Sept 21st yet?
or it's
Captain Britain. (Bass is gonna kill me)

I'm gonna re-read the issues tomorrow, look for key events, words that may seem out of place. The answer shall present itself.

Man, so sick of guessing.

Guijllons said:
or it's
Captain Britain. (Bass is gonna kill me)

I'm gonna re-read the issues tomorrow, look for key events, words that may seem out of place. The answer shall present itself.

Man, so sick of guessing.
I was talking to Ice about this, and it's kinda funny, because I'm tired of caring who the traitor is. I DO care, and I can't seem to STOP caring, I'm just tired of it. And I DO think that Millar has dropped the hints - the problem is there are so MANY hints dropped that it makes me want to scream, hence all the caps in this post.

Rhyo said:
I was talking to Ice about this, and it's kinda funny, because I'm tired of caring who the traitor is. I DO care, and I can't seem to STOP caring, I'm just tired of it. And I DO think that Millar has dropped the hints - the problem is there are so MANY hints dropped that it makes me want to scream, hence all the caps in this post.
That's just it, it's like when you go to the men's room and you can't piss. You still need a piss, but you don't want to need a piss because then you could just go back and sit down. So you're there waiting to piss and people are coming in and out and it's just so annoying.

God that's a good analogy.

Guijllons said:
That's just it, it's like when you go to the men's room and you can't piss. You still need a piss, but you don't want to need a piss because then you could just go back and sit down. So you're there waiting to piss and people are coming in and out and it's just so annoying.

God that's a good analogy.

Except, of course, for those of us that are female...

I totally called an imposter Captain! I don't know if these pages are ACTUALLY implying that, but it certainly looks like it. I thought that Leiberman character would put on the suit and take on America because the serum destroyed his sanity... He died, so that idea was thrown out the window, but an imposter Cap'n is certainly an option now that we've got these images! :) Cool.

Guijllons said:
Chin Strap?!

Chin strap....hmmmm. That was.....unexpected.

Guijllons said:
Oh, and he reads the boards..

I always thought it was funny that the day after Bass posted the greatly awesome Traitor Manifesto, Mark posted in his boards "revealing" all the "previous" "appearances" of "Loki". :D

Goodwill said:
I totally called an imposter Captain!

Uh...

Goodwill said:
I don't know if these pages are ACTUALLY implying that

Well, you got that part right.

Nice art. Is that Bucky? And is that the traitor coming?

Yeap, looks like Bucky. As for the other person being the traitor, who knows. The Cap talking to Bucky could be a "fake" or something...

I'm telling you, after seeing the cover for this issue and the cover of next issue. . .it's Ultimates Dissasembled.

And I honestly STILL have no idea who the Traitor is.

i relli hope no one else said this or ill look relli stupid. anyways if you notice at the very end MM said "no one has guessed where were taking this, we have been leaving hints since ISSUE ONE!!!!! no one has guessed THE PLAN yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! folks looks like were gettin some answers

Is it not possible that the scene with Bucky ends, and another scene starts with Cap in costume? Don't forget, there are no words or anything. Of course, it seems odd to start a new scene on the last panel of a page, but it's possible.

Latest posts

Back