Nextwave series discussion (Spoilers!)

This title has me in stitches. I love reading it while listening to the nextwave theme tune.

I loved in #2 the "Sorted" bit and the following sequence of attacks and "NEXTWAVE THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT!"

The whole second issue rocked.

I love the primers.

#3 is also really cool. This is "Agents of HATE" and I'm assuming each two part story arc is "Nextwave: [TITLE]".

Dirk Anger trying to shoot himself was ****ing hysterical. Reminded me of the suicidal judge in "And Justice For All".

I laughed my *** off at "You have bought an episode of NEXTWAVE unless you stole it off the internet". :lol:

And Elsa's "WOO HOOOO! DEATH RACE 2000! I AM PRESIDENT FRANKENSTEIN!" was great.

"Sink City Very Small School With Lovely Children Inside" is inspired.

Which is the entire issue, pretty much.

It all rocked.

But nothing - NOTHING - prepared me for the letters page.

I swear to God, that is the most brilliant letters pages I've ever read.

Ever.
Ever.
Ever.

Bass said:
I laughed my *** off at "You have bought an episode of NEXTWAVE unless you stole it off the internet". :lol:

Best line ever put in a Marvel comic.

I just read #3

"FASTER *****CAT KILL KILL KILL"

The beginning of #3 seemed strange...like it was going to be serious for a few pages or something. Then Boom Boom and the robot things got things kickin'. I think this is a series where the 2nd issue of each arc is going to be the superior issue of the arc.

... I would really really hope so. I prefer endings to be better than their beginnings. The other way round is kinda stupid and self-defeating.

Matthew said:
The beginning of #3 seemed strange...like it was going to be serious for a few pages or something. Then Boom Boom and the robot things got things kickin'. I think this is a series where the 2nd issue of each arc is going to be the superior issue of the arc.
I actually thought the cop at the beginning was hilarious. I just loved how ridiculously corrupt and nasty he was. "C'mere! Maybe I can sell you!"

moonmaster said:
I actually thought the cop at the beginning was hilarious. I just loved how ridiculously corrupt and nasty he was. "C'mere! Maybe I can sell you!"

"You keep your billfold in a seperate pocket? How clever...please step over here"

:lol:

Ok....I'm so hooked on Nextwave that it's not even funny.

The book itself has gone done a bit in terms of Laugh out Loud moments......but it's still funny. Kinda like the American Pie series. The 1st was new and hilarious....the 2nd was still very funny. But the 3rd was just funny. Not as good as the 1st or 2nd....but still enough to make me laugh. I'd watch any one of those 3 again......much like Nextwave.

Victor Von Doom said:
Ok....I'm so hooked on Nextwave that it's not even funny.

The book itself has gone done a bit in terms of Laugh out Loud moments......but it's still funny. Kinda like the American Pie series. The 1st was new and hilarious....the 2nd was still very funny. But the 3rd was just funny. Not as good as the 1st or 2nd....but still enough to make me laugh. I'd watch any one of those 3 again......much like Nextwave.

Have you read the fourth? I think it has more laughs than issue 3.

ultimatedjf said:
Have you read the fourth? I think it has more laughs than issue 3.

Yeah I read the 4th Tuesday during lunch. Don't get me wrong....it's funny. But it's not as funny as the first 2 issues.

Nextwave has the greatest morals of any story ever made.

Today, in my LCS, the lady (I got to two LCS', so this isn't the Power Pack one) said that Nextwave came in today and was in my box. I immediately threw up my arms, raising my fists, and yelled "Nextwave!" It was reflexive. Because it was Nextwave. She didn't understand. She doesn't read Nextwave.

My friends, during moments of 'cool' and 'joy' and 'rock', yell "Nextwave!" loudly, because I've popularised it as a term for unbridled excitement. I urge you to do the same. They know Nextwave is a comic, but don't understand why I must yell "Nextwave" at the top of my voice. They ask, "why do you have to shout Nextwave?" To them, I respond, "You haven't read Nextwave. You'd understand." It's the loudest comic ever made. An achievment for a silent medium. Two of my friends have read Nextwave. They laughed a lot. They didn't believe Africa could be the subject of a letters page. They were wrong. I yell "Nextwave!", and others join in.

NEXTWAVE!

Last edited:
Bass said:

Today, in my LCS, the lady (I got to two LCS', so this isn't the Power Pack one) said that Nextwave came in today and was in my box. I immediately threw up my arms, raising my fists, and yelled "Nextwave!" It was reflexive. Because it was Nextwave. She didn't understand. She doesn't read Nextwave.

My friends, during moments of 'cool' and 'joy' and 'rock', yell "Nextwave!" loudly, because I've popularised it as a term for unbridled excitement. I urge you to do the same. They know Nextwave is a comic, but don't understand why I must yell "Nextwave" at the top of my voice. They ask, "why do you have to shout Nextwave?" To them, I respond, "You haven't read Nextwave. You'd understand." It's the loudest comic ever made. An achievment for a silent medium. Two of my friends have read Nextwave. They laughed a lot. They didn't believe Africa could be the subject of a letters page. They were wrong. I yell "Nextwave!", and others join in.

NEXTWAVE!

I wish my LCS was like this. We only have 2 here. One is half comics...half D&D type stuff. And the other (my main one) is overrun by 45 year old men who wish Lee and Kirby would come back.

Anything cool I do or say is immediately lost on them....

Bass said:

NEXTWAVE!

amen, brother!

TESTIFY!

Victor Von Doom said:
I wish my LCS was like this. We only have 2 here. One is half comics...half D&D type stuff. And the other (my main one) is overrun by 45 year old men who wish Lee and Kirby would come back.

Anything cool I do or say is immediately lost on them....

Obviously, your LCS is like this, because she did't understand why I yelled "Nextwave".

NEXTWAVE!

Latest posts

Back