Nextwave series discussion (Spoilers!)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Ho-ho-hoooolly ****!!!

F-IN' AWESOME ISSUE!

It was all great. Hilarious. Nextwave is the ****! Art is better than before. Still some things I didn't like about it here and there.

This issue has some of the best lines!!!

Caption on Monica Rambeau: "When her mother died, she went to Hell and is used as a bucket by giant weasels dressed as cheerleader. And that's what happens when you tell your kids to get a proper job."

Fing Fang Foom!

"Mommy was a slut-lizard that did the bad-thing with the suggestively-shapped piles of nuclear waste, and nine months later--

Fing Fang Foom!

"Has been burning with the need to mate since 1956!"

Fing Fang Foom!

"Has absolutely no genitals whatsoever!"

Fing Fang Foom!

"Oh, you cannot imagine how annoyed he is."

Tabitha: Oh my God. It's wearing underpants."

And the letters page! OMG! :lol: :lol:

This series will be great!!

Last edited:
tractorbeam said:
Is he Captain F-word or Captain S-word?

His name is THE CAPTAIN!

Whenever I type that, it sing it out loud just like in the theme song.

It's probably Captain **** for now though.

O JOY TO THE WORLD!!! SWEET SASSY MOLASSY!!!! This is what it's all about!!!!!

If you're not reading Nextwave...you don't deserve to read comics. Seriously. Nextwave now goes to #2 on the Top 10 list......maybe it can knock out the Ultimates in #1 if Nextwave can be released continuously on time.

icemastertron said:
This issue has some of the best lines!!!

OMG YES!!!!! :rockon:

General Anger said:
I'm 90 years old. You know how I look so pretty? I take drugs. Special HATE drugs. Life-extending drugs. HATE has the best drugs. Because HATE loves me. And I love HATE. Every day of my horrible drug-extended terrorist fighting life. Everyday I smoke 200 cigarettes and 100 cigars and drink a bottle of whiskey and 3 bottles of wine with dinner. And dinner is meat. Raw meat. The cook serves me an entire animal and I fight it bare-handed and tear off what I want and eat it and have the rest buried. In NEW JERSEY! For HATE!

HATE loves me. And I love HATE

I love that. :lol:

This was brilliant. It was so outrageously over-the-top that it couldn't NOT be.

I almost didn't get this...turns out I never added it to my pulls and the shop, based on preorders, only ordered TWO! He said he got a ton of people adding it in the last 2 weeks and knew he was going to be short. But I'm a good customer and buy lots of stuff from him, so he gave me one.

I wonder what Goodwill would think about this, knowing how he feels about this type of treatment of C or D-list characters. Don't get me wrong they are well written, but he's so obviously mocking them. :lol:

I went to pick up my comics today, what with Europe having deliveries on Thursdays. I usually end up getting at the shop only a couple hours after the delivery, so they're still unpacking. But if I remember my subscription off the top of my head, I can usually just pick them out of the boxes while they're unpacking. Today however, the boss was pissed off. Late delivery, and lots of customers. I manouvered around him, managing to pick up all my titles except Nextwave, which I saw lying in one of the boxes. He was starting to get pissed off with all the other customers though, he closed all the boxes before I got it!!

I didn't have the nerve to ask him for it, so I went away with everything except Nextwave, and I'll have to wait 'til next week.....:cry:

Last edited:
Fuzzy Birds said:
He was starting to get pissed off with all the other customers though, he closed all the boxes before I got it!!

Customers are such jerks, wanting to buy stuff all the time.

Seriously, this guy sounds like a bit of a dick.

HIS NAME IS THE CAPTAIN!

(Note: The Captain has yet to do anything.)

Elsa and the Brocolli men made me laugh my *** off. "I FIRE YOU WITH BULLETS NOW."

Tabby was very funny.

But I truly loved the absolute irreverant narration. The Fing Fang Foom theme tune, Monica's "past" and the fate of her mother, the letters page.

Plus, I wasn't far off from the theme tune lyrics - because I'm amazing.

I love the Etheric Loop Recall Televocometer.

This was very funny. I am happy.

Bass said:
"I FIRE YOU WITH BULLETS NOW."

That's my next avatar as soon as I get a scan of it.

...by far one of the most bizarre (even for warren ellis standards) and (strangly)humourous comics i've read in a while...

i'll tell you something fellow board-type-people...

i would notlike to go for a walk on my own in elli's mind!!!!! :shock:

I <3 Nextwave so bad...

I got about 20 people to read it during school today (including a teacher), so they would get hooked and go and buy lots and lots of copies...

Fav. Line - When her mother died, she went to Hell and is used as a bucket by giant weasels dressed as cheerleader. And that's what happens when you tell your kids to get a proper job.

That or the Fin Fang Foom theme song, which damn well better be Musicalized by Thunder Thighs.

This is the most inspiring thing I've ever read.

thee great one said:
It was decent. I wasn't that impressed. The Fin Fang Foom parts were the best parts.

B

Yeah...but you have Lindsey Lohan posters.

Your judgment is imparired.

Latest posts

Back