Nintendo 3DS

ourchair

Nintendo DS

Like Columbus and America, I have found the Nintendo DS rather late.

I've been stealing it from my girlfriend since late last year, and it makes up for the fact that I have an obsolete PC, a broken PS2 and a brother who moved out with the XBox I paid half for.

It's the perfect gaming device for someone with too little time to sit down at home to play, and too little money to buy a PSP. Anybody as addicted to this as I am?

I've finished Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume on it, and play Meteos when I have only moments to spare. Right now, I'm juggling between Final Fantasy IV and Iron Man, but when I'm done with both I'm going to get back into Advance Wars: Dual Strike and Robocalypse.

When my girlfriend has the chance, she's playing Kirby: Canvas Curse, which is proof that Kirby is just as awesome as Mario and Sonic and Elite Beat Agents. She's growing into Big Bang Mini right now, and stopped playing Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time when I upgraded the firmware for the R5 to render the cheats broken.

Re: Nintendo DS

Like Columbus and America, I have found the Nintendo DS rather late.

I've been stealing it from my girlfriend since late last year, and it makes up for the fact that I have an obsolete PC, a broken PS2 and a brother who moved out with the XBox I paid half for.

It's the perfect gaming device for someone with too little time to sit down at home to play, and too little money to buy a PSP. Anybody as addicted to this as I am?

I've finished Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume on it, and play Meteos when I have only moments to spare. Right now, I'm juggling between Final Fantasy IV and Iron Man, but when I'm done with both I'm going to get back into Advance Wars: Dual Strike and Robocalypse.

When my girlfriend has the chance, she's playing Kirby: Canvas Curse, which is proof that Kirby is just as awesome as Mario and Sonic and Elite Beat Agents. She's growing into Big Bang Mini right now, and stopped playing Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time when I upgraded the firmware for the R5 to render the cheats broken.

I don't play it as much as I used to. My son plays it a lot but right now he's playing a GBA version of Lego Batman on it quite a bit. When I play I usually go for WarioWare Touched, Sim City, or Super Mario Bros.

I got one in November, I really like it. I have Kirby Superstar Ultra (which I've mostly beaten), The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass (where I'm at the last boss but can't beat him due to a glitch with the stylus), and Disgaea DS which is fun but loooong. I really want Wario Ware Touched and possibly Advance Wars: Dual Strike.

I got one in November, I really like it. I have Kirby Superstar Ultra (which I've mostly beaten), The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass (where I'm at the last boss but can't beat him due to a glitch with the stylus), and Disgaea DS which is fun but loooong. I really want Wario Ware Touched and possibly Advance Wars: Dual Strike.
Dual Strike isn't as pretty as Days of Ruin but it's certainly more fun, in the sense that the characters are goofier and more loveable. At least, in my opinion:

You might think that the lead character, Jake, who wears a big set of headphones and occasionally talks in l33t speek is annoying, but I think it's loveable and the game, let alone the villains, never takes itself too seriously. Days of Ruin is a bit darker and more self-serious and I think loses the goofy charm that makes the series so loveable in the first place.

Come to think of it, I think I've only ever seen Days of Ruin at the stores.

Also, do you have to have played the original for the later ones to make sense?

I need some good DS games to play. I don't have many, and what I have are mostly Pokémon games.

The others include New Super Mario Bros. and Final Fantasy IV.

Also, as I've mentioned elsewhere, last week I traded in my DS Lite for the DSi ($70 discount), and I love it. The downloadable DSi games are cool. Nintendo actually gives you 1,000 free points to use in the DSi shop. I bought Wario Ware & Dr. Mario. Both are fun. The Wario Ware is of course DSi only, as to play it you need to use the camera. Very few mini games, but still great to play them.

Last edited:

Iceshadow said:
Also, do you have to have played the original for the later ones to make sense?
Absolutely not. I know that the Black Hole Army are the bad guys who appeared in previous Advance Wars, but the game writers don't really care about even telling you that they appeared in previous games. That's how irrelevant the previous games are to the succeeding ones.

I need some good DS games to play. I don't have many, and what I have are mostly Pokémon games.
My girlfriend just told me about a guy who --- no joke --- didn't even know you could play games other than Pokemon on his GBA and NDS. He's kinda freaky and scares the **** out of me with his Pokemania.

Based on your tastes I recommend:

• Kirby: Canvas Curse, where you guide a limb-less Kirby with rainbows drawn by your stylus
  • Big Bang Mini, a fireworks oriented shoot em up
  • Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure, a hybrid platform-puzzler in which you guide a old codgy tea-drinking adventurer and use a Bejewel-like puzzle to give him power ups
  • Robocalypse, a humorous RTS where you guide cartoon robots against an army of extremely well mannered evil robots
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: March of the Minis, a Lemmings style puzzle affair where you guide mini-Marios in a chase for Donkey Kong

Absolutely not. I know that the Black Hole Army are the bad guys who appeared in previous Advance Wars, but the game writers don't really care about even telling you that they appeared in previous games. That's how irrelevant the previous games are to the succeeding ones.

My girlfriend just told me about a guy who --- no joke --- didn't even know you could play games other than Pokemon on his GBA and NDS. He's kinda freaky and scares the **** out of me with his Pokemania.

Based on your tastes I recommend:

• Kirby: Canvas Curse, where you guide a limb-less Kirby with rainbows drawn by your stylus
  • Big Bang Mini, a fireworks oriented shoot em up
  • Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure, a hybrid platform-puzzler in which you guide a old codgy tea-drinking adventurer and use a Bejewel-like puzzle to give him power ups
  • Robocalypse, a humorous RTS where you guide cartoon robots against an army of extremely well mannered evil robots
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: March of the Minis, a Lemmings style puzzle affair where you guide mini-Marios in a chase for Donkey Kong

Those all sound great, thanks! :)

Okay, so Final Fantasy IV - like many of the other Final Fantasy games I've played - is putting me off with its relatively antiquated gameplay style, so I've put it down to play The World Ends With You and Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier.

The latter is basically an RPG spin off of a series about turn-based strategic control of giant ****ing robots. The art design has this very 80s anime cool look to it - dual gun wielding cowboy bounty hunters and sexy robo-girls and all that - but I couldn't possibly care about the story, which is basically just so full of plot dumps that I just skip everything. Also, the game is so full of obvious T&A: big-breasted innocent sword-wielding princesses and naughty cat-girl saleswomen and pointy-eared kawaii witches and lots and lots of fanservice.

The World Ends With You is kind of odd but really cool. It's this weird RPG that's not like anything Square has published before. Great art design, funky fashion and some chaotic dual screen gameplay. It's really tough and confusing though, and I'm still trying to get the hang of it.

I'm still playing Disgaea. I think the next game I might get will be Chrono Trigger, but I kind of want a more actiony game like Mario. Any suggestions?

I recently picked up Advance Wars: Dual Strike and Mario Kart DS, I've only played Advance Wars so far, and it is ****ing addicting. Next on my list is Elite Beat Agents which seems to have made a small comeback thanks to the popularity of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band franchises.

wow a little soon isn't it? Dsi is not that old. However as the name implies 3D technology i'll be interested in seeing how it is. Though I can see it costing a stupid amount of money as DSi was £200 this will most likely be £300 and that's more than the ps3!

3d without the use of glasses? whabahuh?! They can do that?

*looks at calender*

I'll get back to you guys in about a week.

I doubt it's an April Fool's joke. It's been reported for over a month or so about Nintendo creating some new cartridge or system memory for an upcoming project.

I doubt it's an April Fool's joke. It's been reported for over a month or so about Nintendo creating some new cartridge or system memory for an upcoming project.

I'm not saying it is. I'm just withholding my comments for now.

Concept Art for 3Ds

3ds_3.jpg

3ds_2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back