Nintendo 3DS

Re: Nintendo DS

That's pretty insane. And cool that Nintendo is catching up. I guess we can expect a new console from them within the next five years...

That'll be about the same time Sony and Microsoft will be coming out with a new console, though. Can you really be excited for an HD nintendo console when the other consoles will have truecolorHD or OLED tech under the hood, not to mention whatever other high-tech crap that may come out in the next few years? powermats for controllers that come with the system or built in to the system and charge in proximity?

Or... you are the console!

Read about/look at the3DS. It is awesome and I am going to buy it on launch day, whenever that is.

I want to get all the games for it. I would even get the Nintendogs + cats because they jump out of the screen and come to you (but not really)!

EDIT:

All of the titles announced/shown at E3:
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Nintendgos+ Cats
  • Metal Gear Solid Snake 3D
  • Resident Evil Revelations
  • Animal Crossing
  • Mario Kart
  • Paper Mario
  • Pilotwings Resort
  • Starfox 64
  • Steel Driver
  • DJ Hero 3D
  • The Sims 3
  • Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (Not final title)
  • Ridge Racer
  • Kingdom Hearts Franchise
  • Dead or Alive 3D
  • Samurai Warriors 3D
  • Battle of Giants: Dinosaur Strike
  • Hollywood 61
  • Codename: Chocobo Racing 3D
  • Super Street Fighter 4: 3D Edition
  • Tom Clancy's: Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
  • Tom Clancy's: Ghost Recon

Last edited:

Complete list of planned games for 3DS.

It looks like the Paper Mario 3DS will be a new installment; it's also known as "Paper Mario 4."

Paper Mario 3DS or Paper Mario 4 is a console role-playing game announced at on the E3 website for the upcoming Nintendo 3DS. It will be in 3D and 2D (3D opt-outable). The screenshots confirm this Paper Mario will go back to its RPG roots and keep the turn-based battling of 1 and 2. As seen from the screen shots there will be no battle information on the top screen. Once again Mario will be followed by partners to aide him in battle, a feature returning with the turn based combat (seen with a chainchomp). Paper Mario 3DS hasn't been officially talked about because there was not enough time to fully announce every game at Nintendo's E3 2010. Many other games, such as Animal Crossing 3DS and Mario Kart 3DS, weren't announced either because of time problems. Paper Mario 3DS has been confirmed to be in production on the Nintendo E3 website

Yahoo! Games' thoughts:

Think Sony is the king of 3D? So did we -- until we got some face time with Nintendo's newly unveiled 3DS handheld, the talk of E3.

Like everyone else, we were a bit skeptical of the company's ability to cram a legit 3D experience into a handheld device without requiring special glasses or a pricey new TV.

Then we got our hands on the unit, and lo and behold, it's a minor miracle. A simple slider lets users determine the intensity of the 3D effect; flick it to "full," and the image suddenly gains depth, essentially rivaling the fancier 3D tech found in other devices but at a fraction of the cost. And it works incredibly well: from gunning down enemies in popular Nintendo space shooter Starfox to watching 'How to Train Your Dragon,' the handheld's hi-res screen handles 3D effortlessly. It is, in a word, awesome.

Nintendo has yet to announce pricing (it's due out in March 2011), but regardless of the specifics, the 3DS looks poised to bring 3D gaming to your life without obliterating your bank account.

They say it's coming out March 2011, but no official release time has been said by Nintendo.

Yahoo! Games' thoughts:

They say it's coming out March 2011, but no official release time has been said by Nintendo.

Yahoo! Games is staffed by general idiots. As much as I'm looking forward to the 3DS, Nintendo's Press Conference was rather underwhelming, I mean, what is it, 1997 all over again?

Nintendo 3DS: Nintendo 3DS Game Cartridges And Box Designs Shown By Nintendo

3ds_gamecard_case.jpg

3ds_game_card1.jpg

Rumor: Nintendo 3DS Releasing In December

After its amazing showing at E3 2010, everyone is back on the Nintendo train and wondering when they'll be able to get their sweaty palms on a Nintendo 3DS. Well here's a rumor from Computer and Video Games: Nintendo's handheld, no-glasses 3D device will be available to consumers in December, at least in the U.K.

Boo! U.S. first. UK can wait. :)

Depending on price I would love a 3DS. I say that as if it's a price of a ps3 then **** it I'll get something else. Only reason is I'm not a big handheld fan plus consoles should always cost more. That said the games I want on it :

Mario Kart
Paper Mario
Resident Evil Revelations (If it's not like 4 + 5)
Sonic 3DS
Saints Row: Drive-By
Dragon Ball 3DS
Batman 3DS

The 3DS will upconvert Game Boy Color games, right?

While on Jimmy Fallon's show, Reggie Fiis Aime confirsms 3DS coming in 2011.
Reggie "Mistaken" Regarding Nintendo 3DS Release Date?

According to sources close to company's Japanese headquarters, the Nintendo of America exec made an error when he stated that the Nintendo 3DS would be out next year. From what our source is saying, it sounds like 3 months has been shaved off the release window for the Nintendo 3DS.

- Kotaku

I hope this is true. The less time I have to wait to get one the better. :p

Reggie "Mistaken" Regarding Nintendo 3DS Release Date?

According to sources close to company's Japanese headquarters, the Nintendo of America exec made an error when he stated that the Nintendo 3DS would be out next year. From what our source is saying, it sounds like 3 months has been shaved off the release window for the Nintendo 3DS.

- Kotaku

I hope this is true. The less time I have to wait to get one the better. :p

Yeah, G4 and a few others are saying their sources are going with Q3 2011. Due to unforeseen costs, and tech problems with the 3D (some are saying the angle of vision is amazingly narrow, which is bad).

Latest posts

Back