Non-Arrowverse DC TV Show Timelines

selfishmisery

I personally would keep it a part of its own world. I wouldn't put any show or movie into a different continuity until we get confirmation. Plus I don't really feel like Gotham fits as a part of the Arrowverse and I don't see any reason to add it in.
I didn't say I planned on moving it to the Arrowverse timeline. I already know to wait for confirmation about anything like that happening before doing so.

Sometimes I feel like sharing ideas or headcanons that I don't know where else to put. Doesn't mean it's fact...

selfishmisery

Me and Pro Bot seem to share an interest in headcanons and personal theories. Admittedly, I could have discussed that more with him, but it's not reflective on what changes I would potentially make.

I've said before, paraphrasing, I will NOT change DIrishB's vision unless the facts are front and center. Shoving Gotham into it at this point would be a huge disrespect. Something I would never forgive myself for.

Don't worry about me pushing headcanon over fact with these timelines. I even kept Legion separate from the X-Men timeline for a reason.

Rman

Me and Pro Bot seem to share an interest in headcanons and personal theories. Admittedly, I could have discussed that more with him, but it's not reflective on what changes I would potentially make.

I've said before, paraphrasing, I will NOT change DIrishB's vision unless the facts are front and center. Shoving Gotham into it at this point would be a huge disrespect. Something I would never forgive myself for.

Don't worry about me pushing headcanon over fact with these timelines. I even kept Legion separate from the X-Men timeline for a reason.
When you asked about how they would feel about integrating Gotham into the Arrowverse's continuity, I thought you meant specifically for the timeline. My bad. I personally just don't see the Gotham in Gotham and the Gotham on Batwoman as being the same. Especially since they weren't made to be. I feel like the Gotham in Gotham has more of an NYC vibe, while the Gotham in Batwoman (and the Arrowverse) is more like Chicago (makes sense given parts were filmed there). I just think that keeping stuff that was made to be separate as separate helps keep the overall multiverse expanded.

Pro Bot

I feel like the Gotham in Gotham has more of an NYC vibe, while the Gotham in Batwoman (and the Arrowverse) is more like Chicago (makes sense given parts were filmed there).

selfishmisery

The way I kinda look at the differences as, pre-2002/1992 Gotham City was Old Gotham. Worn down, seedy, and turn-of-the-century in design.
Then No Man's Land happened and by the end of it it was very nearly in ruins. You rebuild from that into something new. Hence why 2002-onwards it starts to look more modern.
More roads built, neighborhoods, shinier buildings. You can see what looks like the 2002 Wayne Tower with a updated logo in the top image. (Probably abandoned when the company went bankrupt and shifted to a new building for real estate business.)
WayneTower_01.png

But neither show is confirmed to be connected at this point so I'm just speculating.

Pro Bot

The way I kinda look at the differences as, pre-2002/1992 Gotham City was Old Gotham. Worn down, seedy, and turn-of-the-century in design.
Then No Man's Land happened and by the end of it it was very nearly in ruins. You rebuild from that into something new. Hence why 2002-onwards it starts to look more modern.
More roads built, neighborhoods, shinier buildings. You can see what looks like the 2002 Wayne Tower with a updated logo in the top image. (Probably abandoned when the company went bankrupt and shifted to a new building for real estate business.)
View attachment 253

But neither show is confirmed to be connected at this point so I'm just speculating.
My ideal continuation for Gothamverse, personally, would be:
Catwoman TV Series (set between 1992-2002)
Gotham S6 Comic

Either of those, or something more insane and unlikely.
Arrowverse integration
Titans Earth-9 integration
Batman TV Show/Gotham S6

I feel those first two are more officially likely, but I can swap between head-canons of Titans and the Arrowverse. It's just a fun way to watch stuff for fun. Sometimes I think of Joker being Titans instead, and his attack mentioned in the flashback happens after the ending of Joker and the breakout at Arkham Asylum. Not sure how I'd explain the younger Joker in the S1 finale dream sequence, though.

No way are they making a Batman show.

selfishmisery

Ehhh, some Vertigo/Non-DC Universe timelines I might do at some point. Starting with Preacher and iZombie.
Maybe eventually I'll do some for Y: The Last Man, Sweet Tooth and DMZ if the dates are clear enough...

Not gonna do movies. No V for Vendetta, RED (Wildstorm), The Losers, The Kitchen or anything that I would qualify more as creator-owned than DC (and completely unnecessary to chronicle) like A History of Violence, Road to Perdition, American Splendor or Stardust. That includes you too, The Fountain. Not doing those ever.

Last edited:

selfishmisery

Might do a Tank Girl movie timeline.

Oh wait, no I won't. Just because DC/Vertigo has printed something at some point doesn't mean they still own, care or will ever acknowledge a live-action version of it. :p
Also, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and THE BOYS - along with the movies I mentioned prior - blacklisted.
Goes without saying. But needed to list these off in the instance that I get suggested to do them.

Last edited:

Pro Bot

"The TV show meant so much to me," King said when asked about Rorschach's continuity. "I don't reference it, or make it in the world, but I make it so nothing contradicts with the TV show. So if you've seen the TV show, you can imagine that this is happening a little bit afterwards."

It seems to be more in-continuity with the show than Doomsday Clock, but not necessarily the same canon.

Alternately, it could be an alternative 3rd timeline, which would be irritating but not impossible.

Last edited:

selfishmisery

What to make of this?
"The TV show meant so much to me," King said when asked about Rorschach's continuity. "I don't reference it, or make it in the world, but I make it so nothing contradicts with the TV show. So if you've seen the TV show, you can imagine that this is happening a little bit afterwards."

No.

Pro Bot

No.
Yeah, but I wonder what he'd say on Doomsday Clock.

selfishmisery

Basically if it's not promoted as a tie-in for the show, it's not a part of the live-action multiverse.

Pro Bot

Basically if it's not promoted as a tie-in for the show, it's not a part of the live-action multiverse.
Personally, I don't consider things apart of the official multiverse until a crossover occurs. They probably are, but it's best to wait and see.

The (unofficial) wiki timeline for Watchmen decides to count the television series over the Doomsday Clock event. Strikes me as a bit odd to not treat both as separate potential continuations.

All we really know is that the HBO show, like the Arrowverse, is fictional on Earth-666.

I wonder if they wrote Crisis on Infinite Earths while it was happening outside their window in that reality.

Pro Bot

24 minutes into the first episode of Gotham, Oswald looks at a newspaper stating "Wayne Funeral Sunday", which occurs the next minute. Sunday is June 14th, 1987. The fact that it says Sunday and not today or tomorrow in the newspaper suggests that the Olward scene was a couple days before.

selfishmisery

24 minutes into the first episode of Gotham, Oswald looks at a newspaper stating "Wayne Funeral Sunday", which occurs the next minute. Sunday is June 14th, 1987. The fact that it says Sunday and not today or tomorrow in the newspaper suggests that the Olward scene was a couple days before.
Okay, thanks.

selfishmisery

So in the scene where Jim talks to Mario Pepper in the Pilot, Jim says in relation to the Wayne Murders "Where were you last Saturday night, around 9:30 PM?"

So the murders occurred on June 6th, 1987...

Also, rewatched Pinewood, Thomas Wayne's calendar doesn't add up, unless he accidentally added February 29th into 1987 as a leap year...but then it wasn't the week of his murder as Bruce pointed out. (Yeah nitpicking meaningless details, but maybe Bruce was mainly using the inaccurate calendar as reference for his point about searching for Karen Jennings.)
GothamCalendar.png

Pro Bot

Rman

These are establishing shots. The city in both seems different enough to distinguish them as being different Earths. Not to mention all the contradictions that would come from trying to place Gotham in the Arrowverse. I just don't see the point.

Latest posts