Spider-Man One Moment In Time: And The Spider-Man Fandom Explodes In Three, Two...

I just wish they hadn't have messed with all this. Just make it so the wedding and unmasking never happened and leave it at that. There is absolutely no reason to have any one involved with making everyone forget he was Spider-Man.
I have to say I actually prefer it this way... the only thing I find wrong with it is that is basically negates all the OMD drama I guess... (which kind of defeats the whole purpose but whatever :p)

Last edited:
73d9eca24f89ccfe63a36f3b3c1e2584b7117c96.jpg

Got part 4 today...

Wow, that's kind of annoying. It didn't even make sense. MJ still loves him and he loves her, but she's not strong enough to be with him b/c it means putting her family in danger. But she's still willing to be his best friend, which still puts her and her family at risk and would be torture for both of them after having been together for so many years (they were married/not married for 20 years (real time, 1987-2007) in the comics and dated on and off for almost 15 years (1973-1987) before that, not including the flirting before that (1966-1977) before Gwen died)

I don't mind the dynamic of MJ being Peter's friend, but it took me a long time to get there and this story was like re-opening the wound and pouring lemon juice on it. I enjoy the stories being published in ASM, and don't mind the angst in Peter's life as a story plot point, but none of the good stories they've told have had anything to so with Peter being single. This is clearly a forced editorial mandate and doesn't feel natural at all.

I'm willing to accept it and just enjoy the stories moving forward, but I'm still clinging to a thread of hope that in five years Marvel will have a cross-over event called The Mephisto Wars and in the process of that story Peter and MJ will remember making the deal and that will lead to them getting back together.

Or something.

but none of the good stories they've told have had anything to so with Peter being single. This is clearly a forced editorial mandate and doesn't feel natural at all.
I knew that was going to be the case from the moment they announced it. The thing that bugs me the most is that Spider-man has been married for most of my life and has not once stopped me from enjoying the stories.

I knew that was going to be the case from the moment they announced it. The thing that bugs me the most is that Spider-man has been married for most of my life and has not once stopped me from enjoying the stories.

Exactly. Joe Q keeps saying this is about returning Peter to his roots and that his love life problems have always been a big part of his character, but Peter's tumultuous love life hasn't been a part of his character for twenty years! He was single/dating for 25 years of publication (1962-1987) and then had been married for 20 years since then (1987-2007). He's changed and grown as a character, the supporting cast (friends and villains) have also changed and grown. to undo that character development in Peter Parker's narrative is just so unnecessary!

That and I just want Peter and MJ to be happy again.
:(

EDIT: I ordered Spider-Man: The Wedding TPB from ebay a while back and it came in the mail today. I'm going to go drown my sorrows in it!

Last edited:
Really. OMD and BND weren't even that bad I'd say, but OMIT really really really sucked.
So MJ was really this naive to believe no one would even threaten her family until someone actually did? Even after all the crap she had seen during all those years she was married (I mean, living with him or whatever) to him she never ever thought about anything like that? There's no way in effin hell that stupid fat guy was more threatening than Mac Gargan in his Venom suit during Marvel Knights Spider-Man (or crazy Osborn for that matter). Her change of heart made no sense at all, I'm pretty sure most of the shi.t that happened because Peter unmasked wasn't even close to what villains put her/them through after finding out he was Spider-Man in the past years (besides Aunt May being shot). I swear to god if I was Peter the only reason I wouldn't have pimp slapped her was because this was my fault for being the Fabulous Man-Spider.

Also:
Stan Lee and Marcos Martin should be in charge of Amazing.

Last edited:
Yeah, this wasn't very good.

I'm on the record as liking One More Day. I am the only human being in the world who likes it. It's a burden I bear.

One thing that works with it (and of course not only would most people disagree but they might say this is a weakness - doesn't matter and I'm not interested in debating it) is that it doesn't try to cross every T and dot every I. It does what it set out to do minimally. It doesn't try to answer every single question about things that did or didn't happen or what people will remember. It didn't need to.

OMiT is the opposite. It would've been a lot better if it was more about MJ and Peter dealing with the wedding being cancelled and not involving all of this other stuff and making things tie together.

Oh well.

They should bring Gwen back as a love interest.
Or just dye Jill Stacy's hair blonde and bring her back (since it wouldn't be from the grave).
Or get her clone to come back and get her old life back (I can honestly say I would prefer any of this than that half baked OMIT ****).

Or just dye Jill Stacy's hair blonde and bring her back (since it wouldn't be from the grave).
Or get her clone to come back and get her old life back (I can honestly say I would prefer any of this than that half baked OMIT ****).

I was thinking the samething. Even though it was mainly the supers being kidnapped. They should have brought her back with the "Secret Invasion" story. You know saying that the Gwen Stacy that died was an early Sleeper-Skrull, like Mockingbird.

I was thinking the samething. Even though it was mainly the supers being kidnapped. They should have brought her back with the "Secret Invasion" story. You know saying that the Gwen Stacy that died was an early Sleeper-Skrull, like Mockingbird.

I can't tell if you're joking or not but you're totally right.

It's exactly what Spider-Man's continuity means. Nothing would more perfectly build on a beloved story that so well characterized the down-to-earth aspects of Spider-Man than the revelation that his long-dead girlfriend was really an alien spy implanted to spy on Peter Parker for some reason or another except she died and all this time they've been keeping the real her locked up in a space ship for some other reason or another. It's genius, really.

I also think Marvel should reveal that the Hulk was all a dream.

Last edited:
Well, I was joking since recently I started to enjoy Peter being married to MJ, but if we can't have him being married to her, I'd be fine with the whole Gwen as a sleeper-skrull, I guess I just don't give a crap anymore :p

:sure:

nonononononoNONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

NO!

that's all i have to say about that idea.

I'm amused that this story is abbreviated as "OMIT" considering what it deals with.

I take this back. She did the nasty with Norman.
eww...

Latest posts

Back