One Piece

I was never a One Piece fan never got into the early stuff. I gave the anime a chance starting with Water 7, and really enjoyed it. and then started reading the manga from when the straw hat crew is scattered to the 4 winds. I have really enjoyed it more than i expected to. they're all a little bit more mature that's what makes it fun.

I hope that #2 is still alive, i liked him.

I started with the One Piece anime untill i caught up (the anime was at the start of the Sabaody Archipelago arc at the time) after which I switched to the manga and caught up with that.

When the luffy background flashback started I assumed we would get an origin for his scar (the one under his eye), since it hadn't been explained yet. However, today I noticed he already has his scar in the flashback. Turns out it was explained in the manga, but not in the anime. Oh well. I'm still waiting for Ace to eat a devil fruit though!

interesting, I might go back and read/watch some of the early stuff..... theres nothing else left that i haven't watched.

interesting, I might go back and read/watch some of the early stuff..... theres nothing else left that i haven't watched.

Of the storyarcs that come before water 7 I'd recommend:

-Zoro/Mihawk fight. The Barati arc is okay enough. Nothing really special, but okay. Especially as one of the earlier arcs. But the real reason to watch it is the first fight between Mihawk and Zoro. At the time the strawhats hadn't encountered any of the shichibukai and this fight really shows how much they will need to grow to be able to take on the big guys. (Chapter 51-52 or Episode 24 for the Mihawk/Zoro fight).

- Arlong Park arc. Still is one of my favorite storyarcs in the series. It feels more mature than most of the first arcs and gives Nami a backstory that really fits her character. Manly tears were shed during this one. (chapters 69-95 or Episode 31-44) Go watch/read it! Do it now!!!

- Loguetown arc. A relatively short arc that introduces two major players; Dragon and Smoker. And the Gold Roger legend gets fleshed out more, which really sets the mood for a good pirate story. (Chapter 96-100 or Episode 45-53)

- The Arabasta Arc. After the Arlong Park my favorite in the series. The first fullblown war the strawhats take part in. The villain is great and the Strawhats encounter Nico Robin for the first time. Did you know the strawhats had a crewmember named Vivi? Go watch/read it! (chapter 155- 217 or episode 92-130)

Other than that most of the arcs are fine. Alot of them introduce you too a new strawhat member and give them some character development. The only arc(s) I really don't care for are the Skypia saga ones (chapter 218 - 302 and Episode 144 - 206). I found those pretty weak and not all that relevant. You might want skip it. (Altough it does have the most brilliant reaction shot in the history of manga. It's so great it almost makes the arc worthwhile.)

Skypia was important, it introduced Blackbeard and his crew to the Strawhats, Gold Roger's involvement with Skypia, and it had the tournament, which I found to be awesome.

I throughly enjoyed that arc.

I just found Enel really boring once he finally showed up, though I did really like the lead up to where they go to the island, especially Luffy's curb stomping Bellamy.

Skypia was important, it introduced Blackbeard and his crew to the Strawhats, Gold Roger's involvement with Skypia, and it had the tournament, which I found to be awesome.

I throughly enjoyed that arc.

Considering how this series is with setting up characters, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Enel again.

The anime is expanding on what happened to the crew.

Franky is losing his dependence on cola, finding the maker of the Kumabots, and Nami is learning weather science.

So exactly like I thought, Kuma sent them to places to become stronger.

Last edited:
The anime is expanding on what happened to the crew.

Franky is losing his dependence on cola, finding the maker of the Kumabots, and Nami is learning weather science.

So exactly like I thought, Kuma sent them to places to become stronger.

(nods head) my thoughts exactly.

I got $5 bucks saying Robin's gonna adopt the kid.....if the kid doesn't die first.

They haven't put the Robin one on hulu yet.

I can't believe I never made the connection between the Queer island and the Dragqueen. She's obviously going to be the one who gets Sanji back to Luffy.

And his awakening was the most awkward thing ever.

Last edited:
What episode numbers do these start at?

Where you learn what happened to the strawhats?

First time:
Episode 418: Nami and Franky
Episode 419: Sanji and Chopper
Episode 420: Robin and Usopp
Episode 421: Zoro and Brooke

Second time:
453: Nami and Franky
454: Sanji and Chopper
455: Robin and Ussopp
(not released yet) 456: Zoro and Brook (presumably)

Thank you!

No problem.

Also, looks like the luffy's flashback has ended with what looked like the death of Sabo. No body was shown however, nor did he get a proper farewell or did his death accomplish anything. Calling it now; he's alive and part of the revolutionary army. We know he hates the nobles AND that Ivankov is in the area recruting people.

No problem.

Also, looks like the luffy's flashback has ended with what looked like the death of Sabo. No body was shown however, nor did he get a proper farewell or did his death accomplish anything. Calling it now; he's alive and part of the revolutionary army. We know he hates the nobles AND that Ivankov is in the area recruting people.

I'd give it another chapter or two. Ace prompted this flashback. It should be Ace that ends it.

Latest posts

Back