Our solar system has lost a planet

I'm still right about this. And I should know. I'm the Planet-man.

(cue Billy Joel re-dub which quickly becomes a UC-only meme phenomenon)

Also, there are rubber balls at my toy store with all the planets on them except Pluto. So thanks to science kids will now know LESS about our Solar System.

"Sorry Billy-of-the-year-Twenty-Fifty-Six, your Dad isn't coming home today. His rocket ship crashed into a planet-sized object because NOBODY ****ING KNEW IT WAS THERE."

By the way, Billy's full name? WILLIAM JELANI NATHAN HOUDE.

Yeah..... "Oh."

"Sorry Billy-of-the-year-Twenty-Fifty-Six, your Dad isn't coming home today. His rocket ship crashed into a planet-sized object because NOBODY ****ING KNEW IT WAS THERE."

And this is a good point.

By the way, Billy's full name? WILLIAM JELANI NATHAN HOUDE.

I'm pretty sure it will be Nathaniel.

No it isn't, it's still there, and it's on maps. And it's not planet sized either. Pluto is now known as Dwarf 134340.

You're just a mean old cold hearted bastard if you don't care that future rocket exploration in that area of our solar system could end in disaster because it is not properly documented...just because Pluto isn't enough of a planet.

Cold, man. And your own decedent.

I'm still with the "It's bull****" side. 500 astronomers is 5% of the astronomy community. That isn't an authority. It's bull****.

You're just a mean old cold hearted bastard if you don't care that future rocket exploration in that area of our solar system could end in disaster because it is not properly documented...just because Pluto isn't enough of a planet.

Cold, man. And your own decedent.

Well, you cross science, you get plutoed.

Plutoed: When you get devalued by someone or something.

I'm still with the "It's bull****" side. 500 astronomers is 5% of the astronomy community. That isn't an authority. It's bull****.

It's called a committee. This committee makes decisions for the whole community. It's a common concept in the world, and that concept is called democracy.

Still jealous that the surface temperature of Pluto trumps your heart on a daily basis, huh?

Thanks for the complement.

Well, you cross science, you get plutoed.

Plutoed: When you get devalued by someone or something.
That is an awesome expression. It must officially become board terminology.

"Orson Scott Card totally plutoed the essence of Iron Man."

"Stop plutoing on teh mask squinting."

"Hey Mole just got plutoed!"

The possibilities are endless.

It's called a committee. This committee makes decisions for the whole community. It's a common concept in the world, and that concept is called democracy.

In Democracy, the other 9500 astronomers would have voted for those 500. They didn't. That's called bull****.

In Democracy, the other 9500 astronomers would have voted for those 500. They didn't. That's called bull****.

Senators vote for us. They never actually vote for the what the people want.

That's called bull**** as well.

This begs the question Lynx, do you have emotional ties to Pluto? Does it's existence as a non-planet make you confused?

Last edited:
Senators vote for us. They never actually vote for the what the people want.

That's called bull**** as well.

Except for the fact that we vote for the Senators. The community didn't vote for these 500 people to represent them. They just decided "Hey, we're going to form a committee and decide for the rest of the astronomical community what a planet is!"

Which isn't even accurate. The IAU is formed up of 9785 members. Only 424 voted. That's like if only 5 Senators voted for a bill to be passed out of the 100 that are a part of the Senate.

This begs the question Lynx, do you have emotional ties to Pluto? Does it's existence as a non-planet make you confused?

Since it was designated as a planet for 76 years by your precious scientific community, shouldn't you be confused as well?

Last edited:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That is an awesome expression. It must officially become board terminology.

"Orson Scott Card totally plutoed the essence of Iron Man."

"Stop plutoing on teh mask squinting."

"Hey Mole just got plutoed!"

The possibilities are endless.

:lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back