Ourchair's Awesome Anime Thread

I really enjoyed mushroom samba and pierre lefot. The movie was good but my ex at the time made me watch it so much i got sick of it. Right now im into FMA Naruto and Bleach. i wouldn't go out of my way to see this but, when i see it i enjoy it. Rukia is a cutie.

I pretty much agree with all of your choices (though the Naruto filler annoys the hell out of me), I would also add in Samurai Champloo (its by the same guy who did Bebop), and Ghost in the Shell:S.A.C.

Toys in the Attic was the best one, hands down.

You should check it out Random, its really very good.

My favorite was Gateway Shuffle, with the Eco-terroist: Mother.

i didnt realise it was pop culture.
Oh what I meant was that Sergeant Frog is fun, but it requires a bit of knowledge about pop culture in general --- mecha anime, Saturday Night Fever, science fiction films, tokusatsu culture, videogames, etc. --- for one to maximize its fun and humor value.

Which I don't mind, since I CAN enjoy that, but I'm more prone to praising the joy of anime or other things like comics/movies in general if their enjoyment is not dependent on how well you understand the pop culture references they're layered with.

Wha??? Cowboy Bebop far surpasses FMA. It is good though and I enjoy it. Alphonse is my favorite. but you can't beat Spike and Faye. Bebop is the best. Don't make me go l33t on your candy ***.

Cowboy Bebop is great. But no where near FMA gold.

Toys In the Attic is the best one hands down.

Cowboy Bebop is great. But no where near FMA gold.

Toys In the Attic is the best one hands down.

Naw, I disagree on both points. FMA is clever but it's never really struck that nerve with me. I mean, if Bebop is on I will watch it no matter what. Not so with FMA.

As for best episode, my breakdown has always gone

1. Pierrot Le Fou
2. Real Folk Blues pt. 2
3. Toys in the Attic
4. Ballad of Fallen Angels
5. Sympathy for the Devil

Bebop is one of the few shows I think every episode is great, but Pierrot Le Fou was this like golden moment of pure and lucid genius and insanity. And Real Folk Blues pt. 2, c'mon. THAT is the way you end a series.

Bebop is one of the few shows I think every episode is great, but Pierrot Le Fou was this like golden moment of pure and lucid genius and insanity. And Real Folk Blues pt. 2, c'mon. THAT is the way you end a series.

God did I hate Pierrot Le Fou. Its my pick for the weakest episode.

Oh what I meant was that Sergeant Frog is fun, but it requires a bit of knowledge about pop culture in general --- mecha anime, Saturday Night Fever, science fiction films, tokusatsu culture, videogames, etc. --- for one to maximize its fun and humor value.

Which I don't mind, since I CAN enjoy that, but I'm more prone to praising the joy of anime or other things like comics/movies in general if their enjoyment is not dependent on how well you understand the pop culture references they're layered with.

oh right now i get you.
its crazy big over in japan. when i went to the Bandai Museum in Matsudo, the store inside had a whole room devoted to Keroro merchandise. i was really gutted because if i had gone the day earlier there were some people in costumes of the Keron soldiers (keroro, giroro etc) and they danced and ****. looked hilarious :lol:

i think keroro is being released with english dubbing sometime early this year which is ****in excellent! but i dont know how they will get somebody to do the voice of Keroro as good as the original japanese version did.

Why is this thread about whose favorite anime is better than whose favorite anime? This thread is for teh intelligentsified pimping, yo.

i think keroro is being released with english dubbing sometime early this year which is ****in excellent! but i dont know how they will get somebody to do the voice of Keroro as good as the original japanese version did.
I have no idea how they're going to localize that into English. I think Sergeant Frog is on the level of FLCL of being almost impossible to translate perfectly.

Naw, I disagree on both points. FMA is clever but it's never really struck that nerve with me. I mean, if Bebop is on I will watch it no matter what. Not so with FMA.

As for best episode, my breakdown has always gone

1. Pierrot Le Fou
2. Real Folk Blues pt. 2
3. Toys in the Attic
4. Ballad of Fallen Angels
5. Sympathy for the Devil

hmm, good list. I agree with FMA, as much as I like the story, I wouldn't really stop on the channel if it was on. FMA is emo to an extant. In fact that is my reason that MWOF and VVD haven't posted in this thread yet.

1. Mushroom Samba
2. Stray Dog Strut
3. Ballad of Fallen Angels
4. Pierre LeFot
5. Cowboy Funk

I have a hidden shame. :oops:

I don't know why I like Naruto. I honesty don't. I was sitting down watching the Toonami marathon and I couldn't help but be entertained. Even after the 27th time the kid said "Believe It!".

What's wrong with me?????

It's so stupid though.

I can't figure out why I was entertained. It's just as dumb as DBZ. Each fight involves a lot of talking and each fight takes 3 weeks to finish. It's annoying.

This is more puzzling that Sarah Jessica Parker's looks.

I also found myself totally digging the new theme song.

Last edited:

You have been cloned
WHOWHATWHERE?
It's so stupid though.

I can't figure out why I was entertained. It's just as dumb as DBZ. Each fight involves a lot of talking and each fight takes 3 weeks to finish. It's annoying.
Except the plot kind of makes sense and there is actual character development.
Now that is puzzling.
Same.

It's so stupid though.

It really does suck you in, like a black hole dressed in an orange jumpsuit.

Last edited:
I've been enjoying it as well, though I hate the childish fillers they have. And I have been really enjoying some of the theme song on Adult Swim and I think its because its in a different language so you kinda listen to the lyric on another level. Also the reason why they have so one fight takes three weeks is so they avoid catching up to the manga, DBZ push that idea so far its not even funny.

So, is anybody planning to pick up on my pimpage? :D

I don't feel motivated to promote more interesting anime at the moment because it's all Naruto/FMA/Cowboy Bebop talk right now.

In other news, I think Fullmetal Alchemist is genius. I've been really in love with this franchise for a while but don't really talk about it because it's hyped enough as it is.

But if you ask me, it's the perfect series for fans of pre-Carey Ultimate Fantastic Four and pretty much anything that involves the spirit of humanist scientific progress like Star Trek and a bunch of Warren Ellis books.

I'd elaborate on that if anyone's interested.

Latest posts

Back