Ourchair's Awesome Anime Thread

You mean the kidnappers seeing Selty?
The dog. Early in the episode one of the group tries to get a random dog on the street to track down the kidnappers by sniffing the kidnapee's shoe, but gives up quickly. Then towards the end of the episode after they've rescued the guy and left the dog wonders up and sniffs the pipe one of the kidnappers was holding while Celty watches.

Last edited:
I can't remember if I posted this before or not, but here it is:

[video=youtube;AeDBIwRe2AE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeDBIwRe2AE[/video]

These were some of Gainax's first animations ever, the first one is ok, but the second is really awesome with a bunch of cameos from various pop culture characters and the animation holds up pretty well after over 20 years. The ELO song was a nice touch too.

I just watched the first episode of Gundam Unicorn which, despite its goofy name, is actually pretty good. First of all, it returns to the Universal Century timeline and takes place over a decade after the original series and the spinoffs like Char's Counterattack. Universal Century is my favorite of the Gundam timelines and I was ridiculously excited to hear characters talking about the
resurrection of Zeon
Bright Noa
and
Newtypes

Also, I love the art in this series. It definitely hearkens back to the old shows (look at that hair!) while still maintaining the animation and production quality you'd expect from a modern series.

The plot is standard Gundam fare thus far. Boy meets girl, girl is running from badguys, girl is revealed as
a Zeon princess
, boy gets Gundam from estranged father that only he can pilot. But while it follows a tried a true formula it manages to do so without annoying the viewer or beating you over the head with allusions to past stories. And as always Gundam doesn't shy away from killing off characters early and often to establish that this is serious business.

Overall a big thumbs up to the pilot episode of the latest entry into the Gundam line. Can't wait for the second episode.

Sieg Zeon!

Last edited:
NICE! Although Wing was my first venture into the Gundam Universe, I read about (and played through) most of the history of the Universal Century timeline. Char's Counterattack was epic and a good end to that rivalry. Bright was great. A chance the Hiyaku Shiki will see a return? A man can dream. I will have to check this series out.

I liked Unicorn even though I have never watched any of the other Gundam series set in that universe, except for 0080 (I think that's what it was called).

The first, and best Gundam I have ever seen was the one with Death Scythe in it. The one with Zechs. I love Zechs.

Seriously, I would go gay for him.

For real.

The last couple of episodes of Durrarara!! have been really good with a lot of awesome reveals. Best of all the latest episode has a cameo of Isaac and Miria from Baccano! that put a smile on my face.

Love this show.

Last edited:
The last couple of episodes of Durrarara!! have been really good with a lot of awesome reveals. Best of all the latest episode has a cameo of Isaac and Miria from Baccano! that put a smile on my face.

Love this show.

I'm going to wait for the dub before I watch it, mostly because I loved the Baccano dub.

Speaking of which, does anyone know any anime with a really good dub?

I recently started watching RahXephon. Which, for a shameless rip-off of Evangelion, is actually pretty good.

I'm also watching Cowboy Bebop again. Because this is something I need to do every year as a man.

I recently started watching RahXephon. Which, for a shameless rip-off of Evangelion, is actually pretty good.

I'm also watching Cowboy Bebop again. Because this is something I need to do every year as a man.

Agreed on both accounts. I even consider rahXephon to be somewhat superior to Evangelion in that it has an ending that is somewhat coherent.

I'm only about ten episodes into RahXephon, so I can't say much about the ending. It's interesting so far, however. It manages all of the surreal and bizarre elements very well and integrates them into the story nicely. In fact, it probably does this better than Evangelion, which could get sort of rapid-fire in its introduction of psychological and theological symbolism (which was never really explained or elaborated upon). RahXephon isn't as thematically deep as Eva (at least, not yet), but it paces itself much better (so far). I can't really comment on how comparable the characters are yet, because there hasn't been much development in RahXephon so far. Though, I don't really think that Eva had quite developed (read: emotionally wrecked) it's cast this early on either.

And, I actually think that both the last two episodes of the Evangelion anime and End of Evangelion sort of define the series. If they were traditionally comprehensible, it wouldn't have the same impact.

Latest posts

Back