Pet-Peeve Thread 4: More peeve than you can handle.

I don't care if the vampires are sympathetic and anti-heroic or monsterous and evil as long as the story is good.

Twilight hasn't made vampires infamous because they're so "sensitive" in it. It's because it SUCKS.

Fair enough. I'm just tired of seeing vampires everywhere.

Bring back the days when the Vampire market was cornered by Buffy/Angel, Buffy and Angel ALONE.

The days when the most emo broody vampire was Angel. And he was a badass well developed character with a reason to be dark and broody, not just "oh he's a vampire, so he should be emo."

Bring back the days when the Vampire market was cornered by Buffy/Angel, Buffy and Angel ALONE.

The days when the most emo broody vampire was Angel. And he was a badass well developed character with a reason to be dark and broody, not just "oh he's a vampire, so he should be emo."

EXACTLY!!!

I saw a commercial for a show that was basically Twilight wannabe. I felt like vomiting

I don't care if the vampires are sympathetic and anti-heroic or monsterous and evil as long as the story is good.

Twilight hasn't made vampires infamous because they're so "sensitive" in it. It's because it SUCKS.

Poor.

A better counter would be to say WHY it "sucks".

I haven't seen it and know next to nothing about it, but I've heard from almost every comic person I know (and a number I don't know) how much it sucks. But they don't say why. It makes me think it's like that movie Gigli, which everyone rails on but no one ever says what is so horrible about it, leading one to believe they haven't actually seen it and are just blowing smoke out of their ***.

Although I haven't seen it/read it, I've read very detailed descriptions of the entire plot, the agonybooth recap of the film, and had long discussions with TwilightEl as she read the book where she explained and deconstructed every ridiculous twist and turn.

To be brief, it sucks for terrible, empty characters, insipid dialouge, mind-numbing, baffling genre-blindness and paper-thin twists designed just to force the plot in other directions and drag it out.

I'm far from a leading authority or anything, but I've heard all this from the person whose opinion on fiction I respect and agree with more than pretty much anyone else, with tons of examples and stuff, so I think I've got a pretty good grasp of why it's so reviled. Just replace the "it sucks" with that list of stuff.

Last edited:
I completely loathe when I ask someone a question, and it's either a yes or no answer, and instead I get a story that doesn't answer my question. :arrgh:

Last edited:
I really dislike bug.

The weather here is getting warmer now so that means bugs. Specifically moths. Lots and lots of moths. This is what it looks like here at night:

moths1_wideweb__470x345,0.jpg

And this isn't me exaggerating here! This is exactly what it looks like here at night. I should also note that this image isn't exclusive to elevated floodlights. No no no no no.....this is what it looks like around ANY AND EVERY single light. All night.

Got to wake up in the middle of the night to pee? Wade thru a swarm.

Want to go to the gym? Fight your way thru this plague.

Had to work late and you're on your way back to your room after a 17-hour day? Get ready for the insect blitz!

I really dislike bug.

The weather here is getting warmer now so that means bugs. Specifically moths. Lots and lots of moths. This is what it looks like here at night:

moths1_wideweb__470x345,0.jpg

And this isn't me exaggerating here! This is exactly what it looks like here at night. I should also note that this image isn't exclusive to elevated floodlights. No no no no no.....this is what it looks like around ANY AND EVERY single light. All night.

Got to wake up in the middle of the night to pee? Wade thru a swarm.

Want to go to the gym? Fight your way thru this plague.

Had to work late and you're on your way back to your room after a 17-hour day? Get ready for the insect blitz!

You should get a bunch of bats.

Military scientists are probably hard at work trying to weaponize the little bastards.

What's really happening here: The Mist is now happening in real life.

Last edited:
I completely loathe when I ask someone a question, and it's either a yes or no answer, and instead I get a story that doesn't answer my question. :arrgh:

Were you talking to a politician?

I might as well have been. But this is with family and friends.

Anyone else thinking "But Ice, J. Agamemnon asked you a yes or no question and you started telling him about friends and family!" ? just me?

Anyone else thinking "But Ice, J. Agamemnon asked you a yes or no question and you started telling him about friends and family!" ? just me?
Anyone else thinking, "But Mole, your joke doesn't work when the question was still answered!"? Yeah, just you. :)

Anyone else thinking, "But Mole, your joke doesn't work when the question was still answered!"? Yeah, just you. :)

Oh so your saying they don't answer your question in there story. So it's like "Do you like icecream?" "Once apon a time there was big mean dragon ....." ?

Latest posts

Back