Pet-Peeve Thread 4: More peeve than you can handle.

No way. The Mist wasn't as great as The Shawshank Redemption or The Green Mile but it was still pretty good.

You must have been watching Stephen King's The Moist instead.

When self-described "non-confrontational" people say they don't like something and then refuse to say why, and when they finally admit the reason it's something completely inaccurate that can be dealt with in ten seconds.

Tons of people I know do this, but my dad is the worst. He muttered "I sure don't want to see that" when I mentioned Kick-Ass, and I asked why. For like a clear minute he beat around the bush until admitting it was because Superhero Movie was so bad so he doesn't like movies that "make fun of superheroes".

He has even done this with friends of mine, passively criticizing them to me for what turn out to be completely non-existent reasons he's pulled out of the air after building up assumptions that can be diffused in ten seconds if he'd just spit it the **** out!

I had another discussion about movies where the person said they thought the film had real problems because of the director's personal "agenda". I asked what they meant and they said "well, I dunno, I don't want to say anything that might offend people". Obviously unable to leave it at that, I kept at it until they admitted they thought the film with coloured by misguided machismo as a result of the director being gay. They were talking about Transformers.

I swear most non-confrontational must've become that way after losing countless confrontations.

Last edited:
Small peeve:

When working out....you almost never see the change yourself. When looking in the mirror day after day, your mind's eye always sees the same thing due to familiarity.

I know I've made HUGE gains....but I don't see them. A couple people at the gym will tell me I look huge...but I think until I hear my family's reaction, I'm not gonna realize how different I am. According to the other gym rats my traps, shoulders and arms have gotten a lot bigger. I'm actually mad I didn't take any "before" pics.

I never really did weightlifting before. I stayed in shape thru regular exercise and MMA/combat training. But ever since I started lifting....I've gained weight but its mostly all muscle. So right now I could stand to lose about 10-15 of fat (I'm close to 200).

I've gone from looking like BJ Penn:

bj-penn.jpg

...to Chuck Liddell:

ufc49_chuck_liddell_023.jpg

I'm not insane.....there's obviously a difference and I can notice it especially after going to the gym. But right now, when I look in the mirror, all I see is BJ Penn. Weird.

At the start of 2009, I was close to 230 pounds (all "sympathy weight" that I gained from when Keisha was pregnant with my son). And after he was born I really noticed how I ballooned up and vowed to lose it. I was fit again by Oct and then I deployed. Since then, I've continued to workout and this summer when I turn 30...I will be in the best shape of my life and will only continue to get better. I refuse to be this out of shape fart who just gets worse each year I get older. I plan on being 50 and kicking all kinds of ass and a physical role model for my son to admire as he gets older.

So....you know....yay me.

Well this started off as a rant...... :?

Last edited:
*sexy model drives ****ty sedan through city at night*

"What happens...when a car...is more than a car?"

What the **** does that even mean? You're selling a ****ing car, not a Philosophy class for retards.

I understand that a car is a big purchase and it's not the same thing as selling someone a jar of pickles, but apparently they expect their customer base to consist almost exclusively of douchebags.

A word to all car advertisers:

- Your car is not a force of nature comparable to some kind of animal or weather system. It's a stupid ****ing car.

- Your car is not a milestone in the history of human invention, sure to be chronicled in the annals of history alongside the wheel and the bendy straw. It's a stupid ****ing car.

- Your car does not present some complex philosophical quandary that great minds mus ponder. As far as the records show, Socrates never once pondered deeply whether the Honda Accord proved that you can in fact marry the worlds of craftsmanship and luxury. It's not deep, it's just a stupid ****ing car.

That's basically my problem with car ads.

The sheer douchebag-ness nauseates me.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

People getting on the Luas (our local tram/metro-train/monorail, whatever you want to call it) at the second last stop before the end of the track (the city centre). It's just lazy and a waste of money. I'm not even talking about rickety old ladies or paraplegics. I'm talking about fully healthy 25-45 year olds. It's a five-minute walk, you fatass.

Also, the next person who tells me they hope they don't 'do really badly' in an exam with 'really badly' meaning anything less than an A+ is getting *****-slapped.

:lol:

My cinema sells hotdogs , cool right? Here is my peeve. Places that sell hotdogs and have NO onions to put on them. Hotdogs should have onions , ketchup and mustard on them. It should be a law.

Seriously it is immoral to sell hotdogs with out and not have the onion option. Needless to say in the suggestion box I left a letter demanding onions for hotdogs.

People who scream out the safe word.

:shock:

*Pictures Venom whipping Black Cat or something*

When people criticize Lost with the idea that they are "just making it up as they go".

:cry:

I hate people who yawn and roll their eyes during readings, workshops or lectures they find boring and then turn to a complete stranger (i.e. me) in the hopes that they will get the same sympathy for their boredom.

Now, I could be just as bored as they are, but isn't it kind of weird to give me the "is this a snooze or what?" face and expect me to nod in agreement when you don't even know me?

I said I was sorry.

But I understand. I've been both people in a meeting, the yawner and the one interested, and I always get people looking at me no matter what. I attribute it to my rogue handsomeness, but it's frustrating either way.

I hate people who yawn and roll their eyes during readings, workshops or lectures they find boring and then turn to a complete stranger (i.e. me) in the hopes that they will get the same sympathy for their boredom.

Now, I could be just as bored as they are, but isn't it kind of weird to give me the "is this a snooze or what?" face and expect me to nod in agreement when you don't even know me?

I think they're actually trying to solicit you for discreet sex

I said I was sorry.

But I understand. I've been both people in a meeting, the yawner and the one interested, and I always get people looking at me no matter what. I attribute it to my rogue handsomeness, but it's frustrating either way.

1674.gif
:roll:

Ugh, I get this all the time. There's this guy in my writing class who seems to have no interest in writing and is terrible at it, and he is constantly trying to talk to me and tell me terrible jokes. We were asked to go to a reading at Columbia's 'Story Week' writers' festival a couple weeks ago instead of class and he spent the twenty minutes before it telling me about his 'escape plan' and complaining about having to be there. I nodded and pretended to agree, despite the fact that I honestly really wanted to be there and was actually holding a book I was hoping to get signed by one of the writers afterward.

I am far too polite for this world.

Last edited:
I really hate when I'm driving and the guy in front of me has a bumper sticker for a past election. It makes them look like a tool who either can't stop bragging about how their candidate won or won't stop being butthurt about how their candidate lost but is obviously the better choice.

I really hate when I'm driving and the guy in front of me has a bumper sticker for a past election. It makes them look like a tool who either can't stop bragging about how their candidate won or won't stop being butthurt about how their candidate lost but is obviously the better choice.

Agreed!

I would never put a political sticker on my car. That's just asking for your car to get keyed.

Well, bumper stickers are a pain to come off, and they tend to mess up your paint job, so I don't understand why anyone would put any bumpersticker on their car.

This basically goes without saying by now, but normal, everyday people who refuse to get Facebook, Skype, or even the internet because they're ill-definedly paranoid that it'll let "people" stalk them, find out where they live, steal their identity, know too much about them, etc.

This basically goes without saying by now, but normal, everyday people who refuse to get Facebook, Skype, or even the internet because they're ill-definedly paranoid that it'll let "people" stalk them, find out where they live, steal their identity, know too much about them, etc.

People who think I should get a Facebook and think I don't for these reasons.

Latest posts

Back